KFC Thailand In Earthquake Promotion Apology

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely shouldn't be fired imo. Sounds like a good employee who thinks quick (but needs to slow down) and cares about promoting the company.

IMO, the actual concept the poster had is not bad at all (in fact pretty good) but the execution was just bad. The idea of communicating that customers need not worry about getting food /cooking and can go straight home or stay in the comfort and safety of their own home while KFC tends to them, regardless of troubles that lie outside their door, is not bad.

If it was election results and not an earthquake it would have been right on but then again creating fear and then offering comfort often is hugely successful in marketing but obviously back fired in this case ... unless all the attention actually got them more sales.

Am I alone in finding the quality of KFC in Thailand far inferior to the UK & USA?

got to agree with your comment the rats are much bigger in the us of a

Something is up with the chicken meat they use on the sandwiches here. It really seems to be of less quality and always contains fat or cartilage or whatever that stuff is that isn't actually meat. And although they have mashed potato and gravy (which is fine), they don't have mac and cheese. Not a big KFC fan but those are the three things I eat when I go and am now just limited to 1.

However, I think Thais may like KFC over most of the other western fast food type places here .. except for maybe McDonalds which also always seems to be busy with locals.

Edited by Nisa

I find it hard to believe that there are sufficient fans who are interested in reading; let alone would take advice and be moved to panic from what KFC says on Facebook! Particularly in the midst of a possible Tsunami warning, then using their time to create " a storm of outrage" about it. Gee get a life or do some charity work and make a real difference.

• Like 1

I find it hard to believe that there are sufficient fans who are interested in reading; let alone would take advice and be moved to panic from what KFC says on Facebook! Particularly in the midst of a possible Tsunami warning, then using their time to create " a storm of outrage" about it. Gee get a life or do some charity work and make a real difference.

It's not that people are complaining about KFC. They like to complain about Thailand in general and make fun of the Thai people and try and give any story a negative spin on the Thai's in general. .

• Like 2

but this promotion idea was daft.

Sometimes it does make me wonder how people's minds work.

The mind boggles at the idea that at no point in the affair did anybody at KFC say "Hold on a minute....."

KFC taste rating ..10 people took part in this survey. bah.gif = tasteless . bah.gifbah.gif = very bad. bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif =yuk

KFC bah.gifbah.gif

Macdonalds bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

Chesters Grill bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

Subway - reasonable

Pizza hut so so

Pizza company bah.gif

Burger king so so

Moss burger reasonable

Most considered Subway sandwich as the best of a bad bunch ( fast food outlet ) also Moss Burger.

Don't forget, this is the same Thailand that has had at least two schools (one year after the other) put on a s(a)port-dey parade with students dressed up as SS guard bearing the swastika and doing the "Heil Hitler" salute...

Shameless or Insensitive?

Like when Prince Harry went to a costume party wear a Gestapo uniform with a swastika?

No doubt he is equally disgusted with the American Nazis demonstrating in Florida a couple of days ago?

Don't forget, this is the same Thailand that has had at least two schools (one year after the other) put on a s(a)port-dey parade with students dressed up as SS guard bearing the swastika and doing the "Heil Hitler" salute...

Shameless or Insensitive?

Like when Prince Harry went to a costume party wear a Gestapo uniform with a swastika?

No doubt he is equally disgusted with the American Nazis demonstrating in Florida a couple of days ago?

The Animaster seems to think that only Thai's do something like that.

• Like 1

"'The person behind this advertisement should be fired for their lack of common sense and responsibility,' said one of the dozens of posters on the subject on the Pantip web board."

I thought lack of common sense and responsibility was the norm here. It's all I see when I step outside and look around. Parents cramming their infant children onto motorbikes (without helmets) and then driving like maniacs through traffic. The motorbike taxi guys sitting around binge drinking and then giving people rides. The building standards, electrical wiring, people dumping their trash into the canals and streets, teachers, police, government.... This KFC incident seems rather trivial compared to many things here that people see every day and choose to accept.

dont see the problem.. but then again im not one of those neo-<deleted> that get offended and cry to their mommies every single day when someone looks at them the wrong way.

those born 50 years ago had it good. Anyone complaining about something as stupid as this would get tied to a tree and left there for a night back then. no whining little girls were allowed to exist publicly without major punishment.

this is SO thai. complain about kfc promoting education on the tsunnami.. but then they leave home to go to mcdonalds and decide not to wear their helmet to keep their mullet intact.

Quite funny talking about whiners being tied to the trees and people liking the comment. 90% of the posters here would be tied to trees permanently LOL

The new KFC strapline should be

"Sorry our promotion was as tasteless as our chicken and as offensive as our french fries, but the girl in marketing who promulgated it is finger lickin good'!

clap2.gifclap2.gif Nice. My kind of humor.

KFC taste rating ..10 people took part in this survey. bah.gif = tasteless . bah.gifbah.gif = very bad. bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif =yuk

KFC bah.gifbah.gif

Subway - reasonable

Pizza hut so so

Pizza company bah.gif

Burger king so so

Moss burger reasonable

Most considered Subway sandwich as the best of a bad bunch ( fast food outlet ) also Moss Burger.

I haven't had a Moss Burger. Where is it?

dont see the problem.. but then again im not one of those neo-<deleted> that get offended and cry to their mommies every single day when someone looks at them the wrong way.

those born 50 years ago had it good. Anyone complaining about something as stupid as this would get tied to a tree and left there for a night back then. no whining little girls were allowed to exist publicly without major punishment.

this is SO thai. complain about kfc promoting education on the tsunnami.. but then they leave home to go to mcdonalds and decide not to wear their helmet to keep their mullet intact.

wow heavy stuff man

KFC bah.gifbah.gif

Subway - reasonable

Pizza hut so so

Pizza company bah.gif

Burger king so so

Moss burger reasonable

Sounds like a vegetarian burger to me. huh.png

KFC bah.gifbah.gif

Subway - reasonable

Pizza hut so so

Pizza company bah.gif

Burger king so so

Moss burger reasonable

Sounds like a vegetarian burger to me. huh.png

Nothing wrong with KFC that fresh chicken, decent gravy, real potatoes and better cooks wouldn't fix. There tomato sauce is 1st class and makes the food taste quite good if you use about a bucketful to take away that dam_n awful taste........as far as this well thought out promotion goes I wouldn't be too severe on them 4 billion baht fine, close all there shops, turn them into refuges for Thais with no where to live........ oh and make sure they don't leave any food behind...hang the CEO after he pays and make sure all the staff get paid 250,000 baht for loss of earnings.

After all you must make allowances for stupidity

• Like 1

KFC bah.gifbah.gif

Subway - reasonable

Pizza hut so so

Pizza company bah.gif

Burger king so so

Moss burger reasonable

Moss Burger is a Japanese style franchise burger chain. They do a variety of burgers as well as hot dogs. They are located in Emphorium, Terminal 21, Paragon, and a few other larger department stores.

jap.gif

Am I alone in finding the quality of KFC in Thailand far inferior to the UK & USA?

Absolutely. I can testify for the KFC in the US. I won't eat it here. Tasteless.

really? im from canada and in canada its simply inedible. I tried eating the standard chicken twice in my life and got sick both times.

Popcorn chicken is fine though.

In thailand the regular chicken taste bland and fat, so i dont eat it but it does not make me sick. The spicey wingzapp and popcorn chicken is good.

KFC bah.gifbah.gif

Subway - reasonable

Pizza hut so so

Pizza company bah.gif

Burger king so so

Moss burger reasonable

Moss Burger is a Japanese style franchise burger chain. They do a variety of burgers as well as hot dogs. They are located in Emphorium, Terminal 21, Paragon, and a few other larger department stores.

jap.gif

eh . . its mos, not moss

Brilliant bit of the usual comedy in Toyland. These people are hilarious hahahahaha!!!!!

Wonder how many of them will die this year, Population kulling for springtime :) chortle chortle

Ride safely

Bangkok is rather pleasant now most of the hill billies have gone back to the blue ridge mountains to fling water and have this ridiculas comedy death festival.

The motorbike accident gang rape season is here again folks....stay dry....word to the wise

Brilliant bit of the usual comedy in Toyland. These people are hilarious hahahahaha!!!!!

Wonder how many of them will die this year, Population kulling for springtime smile.png chortle chortle

Ride safely

Bangkok is rather pleasant now most of the hill billies have gone back to the blue ridge mountains to fling water and have this ridiculas comedy death festival.

The motorbike accident gang rape season is here again folks....stay dry....word to the wise

huh.png

Do you know what the opposite of "neo" is? Older or original.

In light of the recent tsunami warning and scare. If they do this everytime, and it will be alongtime before another tsunami takes place, people will be so enamoured with false predictions they will ignore warning and we will have the same type of disaster as the last time.