How Do I Clean My Metal Buddha Statues ?

healthcaretaker

position them on a table or platform

position yourself kneeling ,make sure you are lower than statue at all times

reach upwards with your arms ,until your hands are in the cleaning position

during this process ,always keep your head lower than the feet of the statue !

Good Luck !

• Like 2

Good Luck !

laugh.png

Thank you but what about my 2nd question ?

wipe the dust off first (damp cloth will be fine )

put brasso or a drop of big C metal cleaner on a rag should be fine ,use a new clean rag to rub it off and polish it up .....

twill be brand new buddah in 20 min :)

Good Luck !

Good one...

Seriously some Thais i know clean it with lime so...

Don't Clean them!

Wipe off the dust, and clean with a damp cloth if you must, no scrubbing or pressure. The aged look makes it so much better. Cleaning with brasso will look like a disaster

but i like my buddah shining liike kitlins taws........:)

just dust off, and put back. besides, in most houses ive been too, the buddha and et al were up in some corner covered in spider webs and whatever

i think important buddha statues are cleaned etc on songkran , or maybe before khao pansa cant remember. anyway, if i dont clean the altar, hubby would never notice, he just keeps sticking important stones, pieces of animal bones he finds in the fields, dice, sort of collection of charms, all up there together with some of the amulets that we have. all in a jumble. im the one to clean since its all in our bedroom.

just dont put the statue on the floor or in the bathroom if you have a thai partner and they would get offended. the one time hubby got hysterical was when a pic of some monk /saint (suthon could be)fell off the wall on to the floor (bad luck!).

and no, dont get it shiny

bina

A cleaning solution from a gold shop would do, it won't remove any patina though. Get some leafed gold and put a piece on B every time you feel like cleaning up, soon you'll end up with a nice golden Buddha that's resistant to corrosion. Don't forget the fanta/laokhao and flowers. Chokdee.

If you have something valuable, cleaning it might lower the value.

If you are sure this isn't the case you can clean with water and lime or tamarind. This will clean it rather than shiny polish it.

If you really want to and its not valuable you could use metal polish. You would need a clean/new toothbrush to do the crevices.

just dust off, and put back. besides, in most houses ive been too, the buddha and et al were up in some corner covered in spider webs and whatever

i think important buddha statues are cleaned etc on songkran , or maybe before khao pansa cant remember. anyway, if i dont clean the altar, hubby would never notice, he just keeps sticking important stones, pieces of animal bones he finds in the fields, dice, sort of collection of charms, all up there together with some of the amulets that we have. all in a jumble. im the one to clean since its all in our bedroom.

just dont put the statue on the floor or in the bathroom if you have a thai partner and they would get offended. the one time hubby got hysterical was when a pic of some monk /saint (suthon could be)fell off the wall on to the floor (bad luck!).

and no, dont get it shiny

bina

Well, if having a Thai partner it usually works to mention that the Buddha is a bit dirty and than the Thai partner will immediately take care of it.

Problem fixed.......

(That worked when I mentioned the rotten flowers with bugs there)

• Like 1