Funeral Traditions

farangnoi

Unfortunaly my father in law is dying. Just a month ago my wife and me were told that he has livercancer and no hope for recovery and has tops 6 months to live.

My wife went home last week, and i will follow the 2nd week in January.

Last night i talked with my wife, and she told me that she's afraid that he probably not make it trough the new year. Sad but true, I can not come sooner, my income doesn't allow to fly bussines-class.

My question is, what can i aspect, what will happen when he past away, what are the traditions for the funaral, the mourn-time etc. I don't have any idea about this.

Who can help me out.

with regards

Casey

When my late wife passed away I got the 100 days as an extention on my visa with no problems - it's the mourning period and there is no immigration official that would give anybody a problem with the extention.

Not sure how you would fare with it being your father in law but if you have the marriage certificate you would probably get the full 100 days if you wanted them.

My condolences on your loss to be.

You will have no problems when you do get here because the family will show you what is needed to be done - they are suffering too.

Edited by thaibites0