Whats Your Favorite 7/11 Meals?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I eat them all time time but I'd prefer something freshly cooked even if it is a food stall.

Eating microwavable meals is just gross and unhealthy to be honest.

yeah,because those roadside stalls only use the best quality of everything ......rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

I eat them all time time but I'd prefer something freshly cooked even if it is a food stall.

Generally agree, but 7-11 is 24/7 and everywhere. Some of them are better than food stalls though imo. The Penang moo at 7-11 is nicer than at most khao gaeng shops, the only problem is the portion of curry is small for 35 baht. The sauce just tastes better, most khao gaeng shops are too sweet. General problem with all their frozen food, some of them taste ok but the portions are small for 35-45 baht.

Some of you guys on here out to get out more,you live in a country where you can buy good fresh food for peanuts and you eat the same crap that you get in the west. unbelievable.

often the "good fresh food " contains an ingredient you may not like or even wish to digest ......

i try to limit my intake of

MSG

SALT

SUGAR

GREECE/FAT /OIL

FRIED FOODS

SPICY FOODS

PROCESSED MEATBALLS

oho ,and i dont eat seafood EVER (Im a chicken,steak ,pork eating creature smile.png )

sometimes i find my menu quite limited IF i dont want to eat unhealthy crap or food i just dislike

over the years on this forum folks have extolled the virtues of quick meals from 7-11...meself I always made do with a hot dog fully loaded with condiments, lettuce, tomato and cucumbers...

the step daughter she would piss me off then return from outside wanderings with a couple of 7-11 dogs as a peace offering...she was then usually forgiven...

one thing, don't you find the lettuce from 7-11 really bitter? maybe its only my place outlet

The bitterness may be due to the chemical sprayed on the lettuce to slow down the rot.

They used to have hot dog with chilibeans but that didnt sell well enough. If I didnt have time to sit down at a restaurant I used to grab that but otherwise I hardly eat any food from 7eleven. Instead I go there to get packs of ice and a few bottles of Leo. Used to like Chang but the only result I get from it these is a severe headache.

The ready-made meals, which the "meals" in the title seems to refer to, are by and large average, with small portions and bland flavours. Some of the snack items are good though - ham & cheese toasties, the dim sum buns (sala-pao?) and dumplings on a stick (as long as you avoid the salted egg varieties).

If you call that "meals" than you must be American.....

32 posts before the anti American bile kicked in. Good Job Thai Visa Vipers!

What in h90's post is anti-American bile my old colonial cousin ? you really must go and see someone about your paranoia/insecurity or English comprehension skills old chap

• Like 1

If you call that "meals" than you must be American.....

32 posts before the anti American bile kicked in. Good Job Thai Visa Vipers!

What in h90's post is anti-American bile my old colonial cousin ? you really must go and see someone about your paranoia/insecurity or English comprehension skills old chap

Yeah that was abit too harsh... Even Brits are known for having no taste buds :P

Edited by maxme

I can't believe that anyone would eat processed animal byproducts from a 7-11. This is a joke thread, isn't it?

No it is not a joke, that is the reality of the guys surviving on a 30-40k baht pension here, with the meals from 7/11, they can even afford a beer at the stonetable outside the shop with their fellow expats. A little Thai-bashing before they go home and give advice to fellow TVposters, about when is the right time to buy gold and how to invest your money for optimal return !
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who like the crab and seaweed sandwiches?

I think you may be the only one brave enough to try them! I might have, if the "crab" was actually crab and not chunked and formed fish by-product.

Hehe... If u knew half of what was in the other 7eleven products, u wouldnt be asking that. ;)

how can anyone criticize hot dogs? either you eat them or you don't...ye gotta face it that most industrially prepared sausage products are made from waste...the shit that they sweep up from the abbatoir floor...quite different if ye make yer own, of course...

Oscar Meyer...tweet, tweet...

(you think that you had a weird childhood??? howzabout a midget in a chef getup emerging from a car shaped like a hot dog blowing little whistles??? Oscar Mayer promotionals all over southern California in the 50s...not even on acid, goddamit...I always wondered where they got all the midgets...)

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Am I the only one who like the crab and seaweed sandwiches?

I think you may be the only one brave enough to try them! I might have, if the "crab" was actually crab and not chunked and formed fish by-product.

Hehe... If u knew half of what was in the other 7eleven products, u wouldnt be asking that. wink.png

I'm pretty sure the tuna is actually tuna, though maybe there is some ground up dolphin snout in there too.

I dunno, but I'll give the crab and seaweed sarnies a try on the basis of your strong recommendation.

• Like 2

I use the German Pepper Ham from 7-11 as an ingredient in my Rice noodles stir fried with fried crispy tofu, shiitake mushrooms, green peppers, red peppers, onion, jalapeno, green bean, Chinese cabbage, and bean sprouts in Chinese X.O. sauce. Fast food. whistling.gif

Seriously, if I had to eat out of 7-11scrying.gif , it would be time to pack it in ...

No one "has" to eat out of 7-11's. It's a choice! I grew up with 7-11 back home in the states. Used to go for the 'Mega Gulp' and the hotdog with everything on it during the college years.

Fast food reminds some of us of home, so we choose to eat it now and again.

What you've described sounds like a bio-lube for your Prius or Chevy Volt!

Pretentiousness is the lowest for of human interaction.

There is a huge difference between the 7elevens when it comes to the assorted products depending the location. I don't even give 2 cents for the one located in the south, so Im probably more of an bkk 7elevn fan.

I can't believe that anyone would eat processed animal byproducts from a 7-11. This is a joke thread, isn't it?

No it is not a joke, that is the reality of the guys surviving on a 30-40k baht pension here, with the meals from 7/11, they can even afford a beer at the stonetable outside the shop with their fellow expats. A little Thai-bashing before they go home and give advice to fellow TVposters, about when is the right time to buy gold and how to invest your money for optimal return !

Sorry to disappoint, but a more filling meal can be had from the local foodshop for 30-35 Baht. Penny pinchers are more than likely to shy away from 7-11 and also buy their beer at the local mom and pop store which undercuts the price of any 7-11, FamilyMart or 108 Store by a few baht. Not talking from experience or anything.

Fast food reminds some of us of home, so we choose to eat it now and again.

I think you will find the vast majority of our Thai 7/11 foodies cant afford anything else and a crappy 7/11 hotdog or microwave "meal" is their month end treat after consuming mamma noodles and water for the whole month.