Whats Your Favorite 7/11 Meals?

I can't believe that anyone would eat processed animal byproducts from a 7-11. This is a joke thread, isn't it?

No it is not a joke, that is the reality of the guys surviving on a 30-40k baht pension here, with the meals from 7/11, they can even afford a beer at the stonetable outside the shop with their fellow expats. A little Thai-bashing before they go home and give advice to fellow TVposters, about when is the right time to buy gold and how to invest your money for optimal return !

Sorry to disappoint, but a more filling meal can be had from the local foodshop for 30-35 Baht. Penny pinchers are more than likely to shy away from 7-11 and also buy their beer at the local mom and pop store which undercuts the price of any 7-11, FamilyMart or 108 Store by a few baht. Not talking from experience or anything.

Ah another cheap charlie thread in the making, how many is that now ?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grab (or used to grab) a tuna sandwich from 7-11 for one of three reasons: 1) I had a craving for a tuna sandwich; 2) I was hungry and in a rush, 3) I was at a gas station filling up and there was nothing else fast, comnenient, or appealing around.

Nothing to do with being impecunious or stingy, I can assure you of that.

• Like 1

I think you will find the vast majority of our Thai 7/11 foodies cant afford anything else and a crappy 7/11 hotdog or microwave "meal" is their month end treat after consuming mamma noodles and water for the whole month.

And that assessment's based on what exactly? Or were you just being sarcastic?

by any chance does anyone know who makes the burger patties for 7-11 ?

Bangkok%20148.jpg

well seeing as 7-11 is owned by CP, one of the largest processed food, ready meals and meat product chain in the country. Ill go with CP.

Fish and chips with mushy peas, served in newspaper with lashings of salt and vinegar!

Which branch of 7/11 is that?! blink.png

his dream land branch

From his avatar i would say the Westminster's branch...did they extend the SkyTrain route again? biggrin.png

Tuna, ham and cheese, sausage or chicken pizza toasted sandwiches for me, washed down every time with a bottle of Oishi or Ichitan honey/lemon green tea (by far my favourite drink in Thailand). For me, 7/11 is an absolute treat, and I've only just discovered their 'croissant' sandwiches (which are similar to English pasties, in a way). Ham and cheese croissants are great, too! Imagine my joy whilst this month 7/11 has been offering Oishi honey/lemon at 2 for 25 baht!

God bless you 7/11!

Edited by DavidSL

I do like cola flavoured 7/11 slurpees.

Unfortunately, they seem to shrink about 30% between the time you fill it, and the time you get to the till.

Its a good idea to hang around for a few minutes, it all seems to disappear, then refill it. 2nd time around it doesn't seem to disappear so fast.

It's quite possible to live on seven-eleven food exclusively.

Ham and cheese crossiant, bio yoghurt, and a can of coke for breakfast. Lunch a burger gai and a packet of jam-filled biscuits. Dinner one of those frozen microwave meals, spaghetti perhaps.

I for one couldn't imagine living in thailand without the good old 7/11.

7/11 is pretty awesome if you stay in more remote areas like me. I stay in pai most of the time, 7/11 is a god sent during wee hours when there arent much choices. the crab fried rice actually taste better than many of the shops fried rice imo. and one can't go wrong with toasted ham & cheese, nice to kill hunger pangs

and COKE and literally COKE. how could anyone miss the dispensed coke in 7/11? that brings canned or bottled coke to a shame!

Anyway, the first very important reason i would step inside a 7/11 while being far from home,is..........the aircondition at full blasting power, then i would just buy something to show my appreciation, usually a drink, really, when you walk in the thai heat, stepping inside a 7/11 it's like going to an hospital's emergency room biggrin.png

They used to have hot dog with chilibeans but that didnt sell well enough. If I didnt have time to sit down at a restaurant I used to grab that but otherwise I hardly eat any food from 7eleven. Instead I go there to get packs of ice and a few bottles of Leo. Used to like Chang but the only result I get from it these is a severe headache.

Same here , but not with Chang export though.

Anyway, the first very important reason i would step inside a 7/11 while being far from home,is..........the aircondition at full blasting power, then i would just buy something to show my appreciation, usually a drink, really, when you walk in the thai heat, stepping inside a 7/11 it's like going to an hospital's emergency room biggrin.png

:D

I'm a fan of the frozen Korean chicken "meal" on the odd occasion and have been known to gram a couple of the Moo Dang Sala-Paos for a quick breakfast treat smile.png

Actually the Korean meals there aren't bad (refrigerated one anyway). Sala-paos are also good, prefer moo sap myself though, or the rabbit shaped cream ones for desert. licklips.gif

anyone tried the japanese burger patties with rice? saw the poster but the oulet in my area doesnt have any

DSC02851Medium.jpg

nope i can't find them either

ive seen those in bkk,honestly though ,the only "burger" that comes close to me being able to eat it ,is the chicken steak burger (not the one on the shelf in the plastic shrink wrap )

anyone tried the japanese burger patties with rice? saw the poster but the oulet in my area doesnt have any

DSC02851Medium.jpg

nope i can't find them either

My "other half" came home with one of these a few days ago.

To my shock and horror.... it actually tasted ok!!