Nespresso - Now Sold In Bangkok

For many years I have been a lover of Nespresso, this coffee which comes in capsules and makes it very easy to make a cup of coffee or espresso.

Unfortunately neither the capsules nor the machines were sold in Thailand, until now.

Yesterday I visited Zen in Central World and found a whole range of Nespresso machines and capsules now sold here. So I checked the price.

The very simple Krups,which makes just coffee (2 sizes) sells for THB 19,900! A box of 16 capsules is in the box. The plug shows that the machines are imported from the UK, and this is confirmed by the order forms for capsules included. The machine, BTW, is made in China. Nevertheless the sales lady tried to convince me that the machine is from Switzerland. Boxes with 10 capsules are sold separately for THB 400 per box.

The exact same machine is sold in Switzerland for CHF 120.00, that's THB 4,100. Together with that machine comes a voucher for capsules worth CHF 80.00 or 160 capsules.

So the machine alone costs about 5 times as much as in Europe, or 400% surcharge. A capsule is sold in Switzerland for approx. CHF 0.50 each. That corresponds to THB 16. Here capsules are sold THB 400 for 10 or THB 40 each, That's 2.5 times more expensive.

I know, Thailand puts a ridiculously high import tax on coffee machine, but certainly not 400%.

May I suggest Nespresso lovers to continue getting their supply from outside Thailand?

Apropos of nothing in particular, I used to be a coffee snob* in the states. I went so far as to bring my Capresso machine with me to Bangkok.

Since I've been here, I haven't used it once. I've been using the instant and/or Birdy 3-in-1. Sure it's not the same, but it's a reasonable facsimile of the flavor and I get the needed caffeine.

I'm sure I'll fire up my Capresso some day in the future and I'm also sure I'll love the "real coffee" result. But for now, I can't be bothered.

*nothing pejorative about that term, that's just how I described myself.

Edited by attrayant

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The product is not too bad...

But the producing company i dislike 100%... Nestlè... have the hands everywhere... water, babies milk powders, coffee, food... and lot more...

My feeling is far away from them,

small things can change the world.

IMO, of course.

wai.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

might switch over to Caffitaly.

They do as good as Nespresso or even better coffee and reasonable priced.

Machines only THB 8290 / Capsules THB 18 that half what you pay for Nespresso.

www.stefan.asia for more details.

All delivered from Thailand Warehouse and not some funny Nespresso Import website.

Again if like a full "legal" FDA approved coffee in Thialand come to Caffitaly.

Premium Italian Capsules Coffee for a good price.

Stefan

FORGOT TO ADD BRING ME A NESPRESSO MACHINE AND WE CHANGE FOR FREE TO NEW CAFFITALY

Where is your shop location?

• 3 months later...

I used to be Nespresso user. But these days a fully automatic Gaggia or Jura for example with burr grinder and milk frother - provides a better end result and a dam_n site cheaper than 32THB or 64THB for a double espresso!

Nespresso used to have the advantage that it was quick and easy to clean. But these days there is very little in it time wise/cleaning wise from a fully automatic and nespresso.

Edited by negreanu
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Have you found new places where to buy Nespresso pods (or similar) in Bangkok ?

Thanks.

Central Chidlom (Bkk).. about 400 baht for a strip of 10 capsules... (about 2x the price than the UK, Singapore or HK).

They can also be ordered online from nespresso-thailand.com (320-340 baht for a strip of 10).

• 1 month later...

Cafecaps is a new brand of coffee capsule that you can find in Bangkok. We are the cheapest to provide coffee machine and the Capsule that goes with it. Cafecaps capsule are FAP compatible so it work with Lavaza point machine.

Machines are at 3990 THB for the manual and 4990 THB for the automatic one.

Cafecaps has a range of 6 coffee with Thai coffee and Imported coffee. A box of 10 + 2 free capsules is only 240 THB. Unbeatable price !

Cafecaps is also developing Nespresso compatible capsule which would be sold at the best price you can find in Bangkok which is between 20 and 22 bath per capsule !

Here is Cafecaps website : www.cafecaps.asia. Don't hesitate to come to our showroom in Thonglor (address in "Contact us") to taste the coffee and see our range of products.

Apropos of nothing in particular, I used to be a coffee snob* in the states. I went so far as to bring my Capresso machine with me to Bangkok.

Since I've been here, I haven't used it once. I've been using the instant and/or Birdy 3-in-1. Sure it's not the same, but it's a reasonable facsimile of the flavor and I get the needed caffeine.

I'm sure I'll fire up my Capresso some day in the future and I'm also sure I'll love the "real coffee" result. But for now, I can't be bothered.

*nothing pejorative about that term, that's just how I described myself.

You are joking ! Don't tell me that you like coffee...

Even if you paid me I wouldn't drink your instant garbage !