Where I Can Buy Solar Cells In Thailand?

Sandman77

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At less than 4 Bt per kWh for residential electric power there is no incentive to install solar panels.

It might if your nearest low voltage electric supply is more than 2km away ?

Yes, that is where RAPS may be used, solar PV array with diesel generation and batteries. However they are expensive. You would need to have the capital cost of a transformer and HV line extension to your property against the cost of a RAPS system and fuel running costs of about 0.3 litres/kW/Hour and on going maintainance costs.

• 4 weeks later...

If you have an average 8.5km/sec wind speed over a 12 month period, an axial wind generator should be considered.

One problem is they have to be mounted somewhere around 30meters from ground level, and this can be a practical problem.

However it is possible to obtain power providing there is enough wind velocity 24/7. Again they are expensive.

Edited by electau

Hello There

I'm Phil Im a Railway signalling tester working in Austrailia , Looks like Sunee and Naam know more than me than solar powered cells (and to be honest would not be a great feat) but in Railway Signalling I'm sure I'd win , all the same I respect people that know their stuff and can confirm that you guys do . I've got a simple request for the gurus and that is to attach a couple of solar cells on a hard hat (using velcrove , coz no doubt HSE would say it would destroy the integrity of the hard hat blah blah blah) Do you think that it would be possible to generate 24 volts to give some sort of effective power source to drive a strong enough fan ( as probably seen in the Dyson new fans that are out) to blow a strong enough flow of air down your face (not just to keep cool ) but to keep the flies off your face (that drive me nuts) , also keeping in mind that the sun is unrelentless in NW Austrailia

I'm not trying to re-invent the wheel , just simply trying to think of a way that could benefit me and my mates for practically free , Im in Chiangmai for the next month and welcome any response to tell me yeah or nay

Phil

Hi Phil

I bought a couple of these "Solar" caps for my kids a while back. They work just fine as long as the sun is on the solar panel but as there is no back up battery as soon as you hit the shade the little motor stops.

post-35075-0-67172300-1356080803_thumb.j

Not exactly what you were asking for but this shows its doable so get some of your mates in the engining department to knock something up for you biggrin.png

Edited by Daffy D