Bus From Ban Chang To Pattaya

robkey69

I would guess that you get on on the Sukhimvit Road, as there the buses from Bangkok - Pattaya - Sattahip - Rayong - Chantaburi - Trat (Vice Versa) will pass Ban Chang. You can flag them down, they will stop, if they want passengers, if they don't stop just wait and another 1 will come along.

No idea about any Time Schedules (but frequent enough (and only between 6am and 6pm).

Price wise, If you take a local bus, it's very cheap. 20-30 THB ?

And on the way back, it's the same where you get off but then on the other side. Opposite Pattaya Klang (near the Intersection) is an "unofficial" bus stop (it's on the other side of the Sukhumvit Road)

About your other question about Taxis to Payoon, I'm sorry but I have no idea where that is.

Edited by MJCM

On the strip, bar area, you will find that you can get a contact number for one of those little Dihatsu 6seater open taxis. Obviously no meter so you have to negotiate the price to payoon. Buses to Pattays are regular on the main road many of them from Rayong to all over thailand will stop in Pattaya on the way. 2 to 3 hundred yards up the main road from the crossroads with the big Honda bike shop

• 2 weeks later...

The best place in Ban Chang to catch a bus to Pattaya is in front of Tesco Lotus. You could also take a songtaew (?) (little trucks with covered seating) from BC to Sattahip (20 baht), then transfer to a different songtaew for the final leg to Pattaya (20 baht).