Elevated Bicycle Path

jazzbo

From what I remember this elevated cycling course stretches from the Lumpini Park to Duan Phitak Rd. along the first stage expressway between Ploenchit and Rama 4 Rd., too short a distance for bicycling. You can access the course from where the railway crossing is that divides Sukhumvit and Ploenchit. I think they were discussing about extending the course further east through the Thai Tobacco Monopoloy and to the park next to Queen Sirikit Convention Center, but I don't think that ever happened. You should consider it more as an access road to Lumpini Park from Ploenchit/Sukhumvit Rd. rather than as a cycling course and it's a lot more nicer cycling in the Lumpini Park (although they don't allow cycling at certain hour of the day and on weekends).

Edited by Nordlys

post-7565-1135378963_thumb.jpgpost-7565-1135378963_thumb.jpgCan someone please tell me where this elevated Bangkok bike path is located? I found the picture with no location description. 'Would like to do some riding in BKK while the weather is cool. Thanks.

You can access it from the end of Sukhumvit Soi 10 or the back of the tobacco monopoly / queen sirikit park it then goes all the way to Lumpini - on a bike maybe 5 minutes!!

The overhead path connects Lumpini Park and the new Park at Queen Sirikit Center.

Both Parks have excellent Bike /Segway Paths.

Look for at on the corner of Wireless and Sarasin.

The other end is on Sukhumvit Soi 10 inside the Tobacco Monopoly.

Excellent shortcut.

Edited by The Skipper