New Passport - Transfer Stamp From Old Passport

Hello Everyone

Need advice,

I have renewed my old passport and will be receiving it 6 weeks from now.

I also plan to do visa-run at Cambodia and extend it using my old passport,

I will be applying for a Non-O (dependent -  wife not thai legally working in Thailand) 

and my problem is;

Scenario 1

- should i extend my visa-exempt (Cambodia) from old passport to new passport?

(letter from my wife's company will then use my new passport number)

Scenario 2

- extend my visa-exempt (Cambodia) using old passport (then pick up my new passport) and i can just go to Nong Khai Border then present both old and new passport so they will stamp exit on my new passport? and from there use my new passport to apply for Non-O (dependent)

(should my letter reflect the old passport number or new passport number?)

i am very confuse hope someone could enlighten me regarding which is the best choice or maybe you have any suggestions guys.

Thank you

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2016 at 2:45 AM, gzu88bv said:

They are exceptions as always with immigration and exit points.

I came along with a brand new Swiss passport, my old passport and the departure card and went straight to the exit booth at the bridge of Mukda Han Immigration to get the exit stamp. No way, I had to go just outside the compound to an office and they used my very first page  in my new passport completely and entered

my old passport number and its expiry date
my multiple Non-O-Visa
my latest entry date at Suvarnabhumi

(in a half page stamp)

and in a second smaller stamp

the Visa class Non-O
the latest entry date at Suvarnabhumi
the admitted until date
Signed …………….  (some scrible)

Only then I could go back to the exit booth, get my exit stamp and enter Savannakhet to get a new multiple Non-O-Visa. Happened to me early this yea

Hi, my old passport is on a 30 day entry. Pages were full so I am receiving a new passport from Canada.

I was hoping to get a 30 day extension and I see from the posts here that the stamp transfer & extension would be needed to be done at immigration  @CheangWattana. 

I’m just wondering if immigration will fill up my first two pages with similar stamps as the quoted message above?

Edited by wrazoru

7 hours ago, wrazoru said:

I was hoping to get a 30 day extension and I see from the posts here that the stamp transfer & extension would be needed to be done at immigration  @CheangWattana. 

I’m just wondering if immigration will fill up my first two pages with similar stamps as the quoted message above?

If you do the extension in your new passport they will do the stamp transfer at the same time. If you could do the extension in your old one you could get the stamps transferred on departure from the country by showing both passports.

Chaeng Wattana is not the only office you can do it if you are not staying in Bangkok.

They will only transfer your current entry stamp and do the extension in your new passport.