Phuket Governor Takes Action Against Rumourmongers

webfact

"Messages are have posted on Facebook and leaflets distributed warning people to evacuate Phuket by April 28," Phuket's disaster prevention and mitigation chief Wiroj Suwanwong told police."

​<deleted> gives a flying shit what's posted on Facebook?

Aeeh beside that is anybody interested in buying a cheap house on Phuket now?

Please page me before the 28/4/2012 wai.gif

Perhaps a facebook page and handing out leaflets regarding the jet ski scams and taxi intimidators might get some results...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder precisely which Law allows a prison setence and fine for spreading rumours? Oh...and thanks, I'm so happy now I know there'll be no big shaking and it's all going to come to an end in 7 days....Hmmm wait, isn't that spreading rumours? laugh.png

The same one, perhaps, that got a senior citizen in trouble in Tak a few months back for recalling the prediction of his son that the Bhumiphol dam would collapse because of an earthquake: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Man-called-in-over-dam-scare-30173098.html

The one and only action the governor should take is sending his witchdoctors, fortune tellers and his civilians back to school. They obviously received too little education. By the way, if Phuket inhabitants send me 1000 baht per head, I guarantee that they will be spared. Please tell it on.

"We want to see fast action against the individuals who are spreading the rumours," Wiroj said. "Such actions are punishable by both a fine and a jail term".

OR... we could all that energy and talent for good and not for evil... like developing a good emergency plan. Now there's a thought!

Morons on parade. Oh wait... am I also prohibited from calling them that and will I face "fast action"?

• Like 1

"doomsday indeed" my thai girl told me the world is supposed to end towards the end of the year!!!

i love tha thai culture-but peebar mak mak ---- since when have farang believed in pee? the thais freak out!!!

---when the end is near i would have died hundreds of years earlier_therfor i tell all thais that the end of the world will never happan in your life.........as for reincarnation--cannot comment!!!

Aftershocks will continue for seven more days but they won't cause any big shaking

Oh come on, I was counting on that for special effects during rumpy-pumpy through next week. sad.png

Edited by Payboy

I've lived through 6.5+ magnitude earthquakes centered near where I was staying at the time...

What the heck are the Thais getting all worked up about over some pissy little temblors...

They have no clue what a real BIG earthquake would do to their lives.

You mean like the one in December 2004?

• Like 2

I've lived through 6.5+ magnitude earthquakes centered near where I was staying at the time...

What the heck are the Thais getting all worked up about over some pissy little temblors...

The Tsunami 2004 killed many Thais. I've lost many Thai friends in Phang Nga and I know that many of the survivors are still suffering now. Not a good one your "joke"........wai.gif

• Like 2

You mean like the one in December 2004?

Maybe he's only 10 years old and can't remember - sounded a pretty childish comment to me

This reminds me of that governor who wanted to borrow Thaskins sattilite so he could take pictures at the bottom of some cave where he claimed there was a barried treasure with a

1 million dollar bill in the box from when American troops where here. Rumor has that Thaskin himself went to investigate. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The American Government actually had to explain that they have never printed 1million dollar notes...evercheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

PHUKET: -- Phuket Governor Tri Akaradecha on Friday ordered that a complaint be filed with police against persons spreading rumours that doomsday will arrive in Phuket by April 28.

What a bunch of morons. Anybody with any sense knows doomsday is not coming until May 3rd.

• Like 1

God almighty! What the governor should be doing is rebutting such claims, making clear to residents that it is puerile nonsense and seeking to educate them and counter their superstitious beliefs.

But I suppose when a country elects MPs, whose first priority is to appease the spirits, there is little hope of scientific logic prevailing.

God almighty! What the governor should be doing is rebutting such claims, making clear to residents that it is puerile nonsense and seeking to educate them and counter their superstitious beliefs.

But I suppose when a country elects MPs, whose first priority is to appease the spirits, there is little hope of scientific logic prevailing.

.. say that and refer some imaginary friend who walked on water. Well, does not calculate. :)

You are still correct, it's better to educate people to avoid this kind of problems. Then again, more educated people wishes to get more for them selves, which is difficult calculation to handle.

My God, this is like making rain during Songkran illegal! That's the surreal aspect about this place that I have come to love as a second home.But serriously ordering Thais (and I know this the bad saying 'all Thais') to stop spreading rumors for even 1 day would be equal to asking my cats to try a salad diet for the same time. But living in Thailand is somewhat like a cross between a semi-conscious dream and an old network sitcom from the 1970s or 80s. If you can accept the weird and illogical, the rest' a piece of cake.

• Like 1