Thai Govt Declares Success In Its 'Zero Songkran Holiday Death' Campaign

webfact

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's have an amnesty for all drunken drivers to promote reconciliation.

And let's have a "success party" costing millions to celebrate.

no need, drunk drivers get fined ONLY 2700 baht and can keep on driving

Not even North Korea declared its failed rocket launch a success. Maybe Ying luck or ther brother should travel to Pyongyang to tell that young man with the funny hair cut what to do if it happens again.

I just wondered whether glorius Phue Thai counted the murders committed by revelling hooligans into the death toll.

"the government regrets the loss of lives and the injuries suffered by the public during this year's Songkran holidays."

"Mr. Yongyoot stated that both deaths and injuries seen in the past holiday are tragic and remain a lesson for those who live to remember."

"260 districts across the country reported no road accident at all, the campaign could be declared a success of a certain level."

Very misleading title as always, he says few provinces did well locally but mostly acknowledges it was a tragic weekend.

I don't see him at all proclaiming this whole campaign was successful.

Here are the Songkran stats for the last several years. In the overall scheme of things, it was not a bad year (in very much a relative sense):

2007: 361 deaths, 4,805 injuries and 4,274 accidents

2008: 368 deaths, 4,801 injuries and 4,243 accidents

2009: 373 deaths, 4,332 injuries and 3,977 accidents

2010: 361 deaths, 3,802 injuries and 3,516 accidents

2011: 271 deaths, 3,476 injuries and 3,215 accidents

2012: 320 deaths, 3,320 injuries and 3,129 accidents

• Like 1

quite normal behavior for a people who put salt on strawberry's and pineapple i find

So why do you stay there if you feel this way about the people?

has nothing to do with not liking to be here , only does not surprise me their reverse logic , just dont take them serious , and let them be happy in their ways doing

regards

HMmm, i am speechless and it never happens.

Just the other day, the death toll, according to some papers was higher then previous years, but its a success? because in some provinces there were no REPORTED deaths?!rolleyes.gif

I guess the great thing about every Thai government is that in every failed mission, they always find a positivewai.gif

You took the words right out of my mouth ! do they really keep walking the imbecile path ? i'm not surprised that in parlement also happen such ridiculous things as some young MP was watching nice girls on his smartphone during an important debate/meeting because he had to.... RELAX !! Oh Lord, what will be the next (un)surprising thing in this kingdom full of.... (sorry, i'm not gonna mention what i want to say...). whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

"Zero death" campaign and 320 deaths that is an 18% rise over the last year a success? Whatever. They can say what they like, they are the government. The government of loonies.

That's one way of looking at it. But last year was also a statistical outlier. Year-on-year comparisons are always problematic. Compared to 2007-2010, inclusive, this was a better year.

2007: 361 deaths, 4,805 injuries and 4,274 accidents

2008: 368 deaths, 4,801 injuries and 4,243 accidents

2009: 373 deaths, 4,332 injuries and 3,977 accidents

2010: 361 deaths, 3,802 injuries and 3,516 accidents

2011: 271 deaths, 3,476 injuries and 3,215 accidents

2012: 320 deaths, 3,320 injuries and 3,129 accidents

• Like 1

blink.png Nation - either you have the wrong headline, or a wrong report - but you have me foxed !

Within a conversation acknowledging the deaths, he says some provinces did well which...

"...would allow them to coordinate with the six provinces that had succeeded in avoiding fatalities and study the measures they had used to put forward as a role model for other provinces."

bias headline to say the least. reminds me of musicals who pluck out a single word from reviews to make their titles.

Edited by firestar