Scb Health Insurance

silsburyhill

I've been told that Siam Commercial Bank are currently running a health Care Insurance Scheme for a premium of 1,800 thb covering 400,000 thb worth of health care for Thai and farang alike.

Knowing the BS talked here (albeit my informant usually trustworthy), anyone can confirm? thanks.

^ I guess it's only a coverage for Accidents and only in approved Hospitals, if you go to another Hospital you have to pay yourself and then have to go to SCB to claim the money back (Takes around 3-4 Months for the Money to enter your account)

My wife has one of these things, but what she has could be different then the one you are describing.

:wai:

This is from the Siam Commercial Bank web site. I did not see any links for coverage levels or premiums.

Non-Life Insurance

SCB offers diverse life and property insurance policies to ensure your security.

Personal Accident (PA) Insurance

Personal Accident (PA and PA Happy)

Secure your future with worldwide coverage and get three immediate protection benefits 24 hours a day.

Family PA

Secure the future for everyone in your family. Pay as little as 220 baht/month and get protection for everyone in your family.

Health Insurance

'Rak Suk' Health Protection

Relieve your concerns over medical bills. No checkup required. Applicable for both outpatient and inpatient treatment. Coverage for up to 365 days.

Cancer Safeguard

Feel at ease in coping with cancer. Easy application with no checkup required. Covers all kinds of cancer. Get instant cash compensation and free protection for your children.

^ Website link would be very handy.

Edit: //

Found it (I think) http://www.scb.co.th...-life-insurance

Didn't see much in the way of coverage and fees there.

True, but I was just trying to find the link to kamalabob2's text (Post #5)

And Kamalabob2 already mentioned that there is nothing of the sort to be found

This is from the Siam Commercial Bank web site. I did not see any links for coverage levels or premiums.

<snip>

Edited by MJCM

Sounds little off. Kbank offers cover up to 100 000 baht(hospital of your choice) for 2500 baht per year on all sorts of accidents.

I do not think SCB would offer over 4 times the coverage for half the price

If you go into a Siam Commercial Bank Branch and look at the written brochure for the "Health Plan" you then realize that in fact

it is a simple health insurance rider attached to a SCB life insurance policy.

From this brochure, the minimum life insurance you need to purchase to be eligible for this policy is 20,000 Baht.

All Thai life insurance companies offer this type of additional benefit to a life insurance policy.

The comparable BUPA plan is the personal plans (BUPA offers more coverage benefits at lower prices).

SCB Plan 1 is most similar to the BUPA Sapphire plan.

SCB Plan 2 is most similar to the BUPA Ruby.

Premiums are much higher than BUPA, but BUPA includes a "major medical benefit" which is NOT offered by SCB.

The major medical benefit kicks in when the basic benefits are maxed out.

The major medical benefit pays an additional 80% of the remaining balance of charges on top of the basic benefits.

Comparing my age:

SCB plan 1 = 14,156 Bt. BUPA Sapphire = 8,244 Bt.

SCB plan 2 = 18,684 Bt. BUPA Ruby = 14,879 Bt.

Thai Health insurance (which is a HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANY in Thailand) has a similar policy named "Simply Healthy".

This policy has NO major medical benefit.

These SCB policies really shouldn't be compared because they are sold together with a life insurance policy.

Some of the benefits are higher than BUPA (but that is offset to a great degree with the BUPA major medical benefit), but there is also a life insurance premium that has to be taken into account.

SCB does not sell this health insurance as a stand-alone-plan.

The life insurance premium can be much higher than the health insurance if a customer chooses a high value life insurance policy.

SCB might be a fantastic place for Banking functions, but when I read all the "fine print" on the so called health insurance and realize it is a RIDER to a LIFE INSURANCE POLICY, that it is NOT major medical, that the premium for my age costs more than plans from two reputable Thai HEALTH INSURANCE companies, "BUPA" and "Thai Health Insurance", it gave me a reason to consider my current BUPA policy a better HEALTH INSURANCE option.