Phuket Go-Go Bars In Soi Bangla Pass The AHTD Test

webfact

"but failed to uncover any evidence of lewd behavior."

Unbelievable. Who writes this shit?

What has Anti-Human Trafficking Division got to do with lewd behaviour?

It's just ridiculous. No lewd behaviour happening in a brothel? They should have interviewed the punters, I bet there was plenty of lewd thoughts happening.

"I'd like to take that young lady there in the bikini for a quiet chat in the short time room, but nothing lewd please."

Some context to put things in perspective.

The international "anti-trafficking" movement/industry has been gathering steam over the past ten years. Primarily pushed by American Christian-based NGOs with help from the media, they have succeeded in conflating "sex trafficking", particularly of minors and the normal sex industry in the both western public perception and US-led international policy making via the UN.

One recent strategy has been the creation of "blacklists" as has been so successful in creating pressure for formerly confidential financial havens like Switzerland and Singapore to follow "international standards" and open up their banking records under the guise of the "war on drugs", "money laundering" and the "war on terror".

Thailand has been under increasing threat over the past six months to more effectively enforce its laws against "human trafficking", which is most often used as equivalent code for the sex industry generally. As we all know the actual serious problems of child prostitution and tricking poor women into prostitution far from home have little to do with that tiny part of the Thai sex industry that services farang tourists.

However that segment is the one that attracts all the media attention both here and back home, for obvious reasons. So the Thais think that if they can be seen to be "cracking down", they may be able to avoid the shame of being placed on the lowest-level blacklist for non-compliance with international standards in human trafficking. The fundamental problems of official corruption, military and police involvement in criminal activities etc are what the international community is really pushing to be solved, but of course those aren't as tractable.

And little mention is made of the fact anywhere than the human trafficking of illegal labor into ordinary sectors like the fishing industry and their slavery-like conditions are a far greater problem than that of "child sex" trafficking, as the latter generates donations to the NGOs and kudos for the politicians much more readily.

So put on a show, go through the motions, lip service all round, see if it works and gets the world sex police off Thailand's back for another year. More of the same to come I'm sure.

Relevant articles like this can easily be found by googling "Thailand watch-list human trafficking"

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK
  • Like 2

Anti-Human Trafficking Division (AHTD) of the Royal Thai Police and Internal Security Operations Command (ISOC) on Friday night inspected go-go bars in Soi Sea Dragon, off Soi Bangla in Patong, but failed to uncover any evidence of lewd behavior.

The raid was to target clubs showing “nude shows” and lewd acts such as “ping-pong shows” and to arrest any club operators allowing such activity.

Okay, no lewd acts, but did they uncover any evidence of human-trafficking? rolleyes.gif

It appears that 'nobody uncovered nuffink' whistling.gif

• Like 1

But I think that the phrase 'Phuket babes' is a bit of a stretch. tongue.png

I am impressed by the ugly woman on Bangla that holds a sign announcing the presence of Russian Girls.

No risk of human trafficing in her case. Seeing is believing. You have to see this spectacle. I'm not making it up.

They probably received notice:

"Dear sirs - please be informed that a covert operating will take place. Until this happens, please ensure that all your girls are fully dressed. Once the raid occurs, the danger will have passed and you may continue as normal. Thank you for you cooperation."

You see, its covert because they didn't say when it will occur.