In Love Iwth A Issan Women

billrussell

I am in need of help, and I do not know if this is even the right place or forum to ask.

I am a newbie here, but I have been in and out of Thailand since the 1980’s, but never made it much further than Bangkok and Pattaya.

I have fallen madly in love with a Lady who lives in Amnat Charoen.

Does anybody know of this town?

Can a Faring male move there and feel comfortable? Fellow western men, bars, etc.

Is broadband internet available? I need this for my work.

Any help would be appreciated, as I must make a commitment if I can live there quickly.

Bill

I am in need of help, and I do not know if this is even the right place or forum to ask.

I am a newbie here, but I have been in and out of Thailand since the 1980’s, but never made it much further than Bangkok and Pattaya.

Can a Faring male move there and feel comfortable? Fellow western men, bars, etc.

Any help would be appreciated, as I must make a commitment if I can live there quickly.

Bill

Well Amnat is a great little town on the main road from Ubon to Mukdaharn, it is also in easy striking distance of Khemmerat and Yasothon, the town is expanding all the time, I am not sure about broad band, there are quite a few westerners living within cooee , as far as being comfortable there, just try and look beyond the rosecoloured glasses of thai beauty, the people in that area are great and very hospitable,I actually lived in that area for 5 years in the early 60,s, now we stay in a village 20kms further north for 6 weeks every year have been doing since 1968, my wife and I are both english and now well into our 60,s we have always felt safe, just remember one thing and you cant go wrong , you are a guest in what seems to be acountry that at times is seem ruled by bureaucracy gone mad!! but mai pen rai, thats the glory that is thailand, you can pm me if you need anymore help, good luck, :o Nignoy

Bill

Gday Bill,

I live in Khemarat which is about 65 ks from Amnat. Amnat is a small provincial capital city for the Amnat Charoen province.

I have been there on shopping trips and passing through many times and have seen a few farangs there but there seems to be not as many as other provincial towns or cities that I have been to. Having said that I know of an american guy and his wife who will be moving to a village within 10 ks of Amnat early in the new year and also of an Aussie guy and his lady setting up a house about 10 ks from there on the Mukdahan road. There are also quite a few farangs living in the khemarat area who are always happy to make a newcomer to the area more than welcome.

As far as western bars etc I dont think that you will find any there as this place is off the major tourist track. This makes it more appealing to some people. There doesnt seem to be any of the large Big C/Tesco Lotus type shops in Amnat but there definately is all that sort of stuff in Ubon (100ks), Yasathon (45 ks) or Mukdahan (80 ks) for your farang food supplies if needed.

Im sure that Amnat would have broadband internet by now being a provincial capital. Try TOT phone ompany for info on that sort of stuff.

Anyhow the only way to see if you will enjoy your life out in the sticks is to come up there and try it for a holiday, check out the surroundings and what it has to offer.

PM me if you want some more info.

Good Luck :o

Bill

I would advise to go and feel the town for yourself over a certain period before making the big move.

Broadband internet is available anywhere in Thailand through IPSTAR (a satellite system marketed by loxinfo or any electrical goods store.

Thanx for all of your help.

She just told me that she ad rented out her farm there, and has moved to Ubon Ratchathani to live with her cousin, which I believe is about 60 KM south, and a rather large city.

I did the usual web searches, and found out the usual, but any additional info would be appreciated.

Thanx

Thanx for all of your help.

She just told me that she ad rented out her farm there, and has moved to Ubon Ratchathani to live with her cousin, which I believe is about 60 KM south, and a rather large city.

I did the usual web searches, and found out the usual, but any additional info would be appreciated.

Thanx

bill, even if you go and live in a place where there are no farangs, and nobody speaks english, you will probably hear more constructive comments than from some people on the forum. No names mentioned of course. :o

Bill

Bill

I have not been to Amnat in years but one piece of advice I would like to offer is to get to know your Thai lady over a year or two before making any commitment towards marriage, buying a property etc.

There are many posts on this subject on this forum, mostly bad experiences by unhappy and sometimes bitter men who met and married their Thai ladies after a short period and discovered that not every thing in paradise is perfect and wonderful. There are not that many posts from guys who have made a success of their marriage to their Thai lady and it is probably because they are the silent majority. They don't need to tell the world about it.

For myself I am more than happy with my lot in life even though there are days when my wife really gets up my nose, because there are days when I get up hers.

What ever happens I wish you the best of luck.

:o:D

Bill

Bill

I have not been to Amnat in years but one piece of advice I would like to offer is to get to know your Thai lady over a year or two before making any commitment towards marriage, buying a property etc.

There are many posts on this subject on this forum, mostly bad experiences by unhappy and sometimes bitter men who met and married their Thai ladies after a short period and discovered that not every thing in paradise is perfect and wonderful. There are not that many posts from guys who have made a success of their marriage to their Thai lady and it is probably because they are the silent majority. They don't need to tell the world about it.

For myself I am more than happy with my lot in life even though there are days when my wife really gets up my nose, because there are days when I get up hers.

:o:D

Thank you for your reply. First of all, I am 64 years old, and have been married 4 times, so I am not a virgin in marriage.

I enjoy being married and the mutual commitment to each other, and I have found when its over, its over. I pack my bags and walk away. I also have found that Thai women are fiercely loyal and very family oriented. My Tilac is not a bar girl, but a 10 year widowed lady who is also getting up in age.

Most of the time this view on marriage has worked for me, as the average length of time of my marriages is about 10 years.

Edited by billrussell

Bill

Bill

:D:D

Thank you for your reply. First of all, I am 64 years old, and have been married 4 times, so I am not a virgin in marriage.

I enjoy being married and the mutual commitment to each other, and I have found when its over, its over. I pack my bags and walk away. I also have found that Thai women are fiercely loyal and very family oriented. My Tilac is not a bar girl, but a 10 year widowed lady who is also getting up in age.

Most of the time this view on marriage has worked for me, as the average length of time of my marriages is about 10 years.

sounds like you are in love with being married.....begging your pardon of course. :o

Bill

What's the hurry? It seems that you have not been there as of yet, so how can anyone make a decision so quickly? Why don't you try and live there for, let's say, 3 months-in-row first?

In a later message you write that you've been married 4 times and I question why you make such a hurry to get married for the 5th time, or am I wrong?

You are obviously in LOVE and 'feeling' the Thai butterflies in your belly, but that doesn't mean you should rush into another marriage; see first how it goes, living together....maybe some other place than a remote village...and THAN decide after that period whether a marriage is the best solution for BOTH of you, although I understand that a marriage for HER is a 'blessing', beiing a widow for many years already.

Anyway: BEST OF GOOD LUCK YOU YOU and may 2006 be a great year for you and your love-life.

LaoPo

... I make this quote for no particular reason, except that I like it very much. It's sort of a variant of my own thoughts...

Surfing this board yields many a post from posters who are very negative towards thai gf/wifes and their family ... but, AS A MATTER OF FACT, the ONLY farlang/thai relationships (about 10 + my own) I am personal familiar with, are happy relationships...

I sort of suspect the majority of those guys - who repeatedly, in each and every possibly thread - post the same negative comments, actually are nothing but guys who have failed to win any relationship of love - regardless of what nationality their female relationship might have had.

Don't let their failures put you down

In answer to your comments and questions, Yes, I guess that I am in love with marriage, although I have never thought about it that way.

While I enjoy to everyday bar hopping from girl to girl, I don't get any satisfaction out of this, except the obvious one.

It is the commitment to each other and the partnership of being one is what I am attracted to also.

I also realize that it will take several months to actually get married due to the need of documents from the U.S. Embassy, etc. So as a practical matter I am looking at about 6 months, but as far as i am concerned, when I make a commitment to a women, we are one regardless of the legality.

I also must find quickly a home base for my Internet business, so that I can pay for all of this madness!

Thanx guys for the advice.

See you upcountry for a beer

Bill

We really need a scorecard for your change of plans over the last three weeks:

12/10 Get US visa for Pattaya GF

12/11 Plan to move to Pattaya

12/26 Plan to move to Amnat Charoen

12/27 Plan to move to Ubon Ratenathani

Then you give totally false information about the marriage process (it takes less than 24 hours if you use a service and not more than three or four days without).

At the very least you do not seem to be on the save wavelength as the wife to be.

It is the commitment to each other and the partnership of being one is what I am attracted to also.
From the track record provided it is only with a full replacement guarantee.

12/10  Get US visa for Pattaya GF

12/11  Plan to move to Pattaya

12/26  Plan to move to Amnat Charoen

12/27  Plan to move to Ubon Ratenathani

Then you give totally false information about the marriage process (it takes less than 24 hours if you use a service and not more than three or four days without).

At the very least you do not seem to be on the save wavelength as the wife to be.

You missed this one Lop: From the Hua Hin Forum.

We are in the fresh fish business in Hawaii, and sell a lot of fresh fish to the hotels and restraints here.

We buy fish from the local fisherman (Tuna, Red snapper, MahiMahi, Marlin etc. but the supply is never steady enough.

I was told in another board that Hua Hin has a lot of fish processors.

Can anybody give me the URL or web sites for any?

I plan to visit there with my Thai bride-to-be at the end of January, and any help would be appreciated.

No comment at this stage...just :o

12/10  Get US visa for Pattaya GF

12/11  Plan to move to Pattaya

12/26  Plan to move to Amnat Charoen

12/27  Plan to move to Ubon Ratenathani

You missed this one Lop: From the Hua Hin Forum.

We are in the fresh fish business in Hawaii, and sell a lot of fresh fish to the hotels and restraints here.

We buy fish from the local fisherman (Tuna, Red snapper, MahiMahi, Marlin etc. but the supply is never steady enough.

I was told in another board that Hua Hin has a lot of fish processors.

Can anybody give me the URL or web sites for any?

I plan to visit there with my Thai bride-to-be at the end of January, and any

help would be appreciated.

No comment at this stage...just :o

O.K. guys heres the story.

Fell for a Pattaya girl hard, but quickly realized that it would not work out, but still intend to move to Thailand.

As for the Fish business, I worked for a Fish company in the U.S., and they have asked me to find them a supplier. While the income from this would not be enough to sustain me, it would help a lot.

In the meantime, I met a sweet thing from Issan, and thought about moving to Ubon where she is living, but decided that this simply was to far to travel for the Fish, so we have rented a apartment in Jmptien beach starting the first of February.

Sty tuned for the outcome....

Bill