Blinky Bill

Nienke

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend e-mailed me this after seeing the newspaper article: "Somehow fitting, couldn"t see him in an old folks home."

but it could have been better in ten years time. Only good thing is the way he lived he lived about ten normal lives in this one.

Edited by harrry

Have to add my thoughts on this thread. I had met him a few times and as most here, liked him. I was looking forward to developing the friendship in the future. RIP Blinky. You were an old style expat and a great bloke.

(null)

It is always sad when we find a face and a name behind a person here in a sad way.

Below, image of the popular Blinky Bill cartoon he named him self after maybe.

Blinky-bill.jpg

There is allot of information leaking out of Susi Air, the company which killed Ian (Blinky Bill) since the crash.

Unfortunately everyone in the industry doubts anything will change. Here is a leaked report that if Blinky Bills employer knew about, well this thread would probably not be here now.

If the law and basic standard were followed this thread would defiantly not be here now.

It is chilling. It is Damning. Blinky Bill did not need to die.

It was written and presented in January 2012 regarding the Susi Air operation after 2 fatal crashes and before their 3rd in less than 9 months.

-> “It is clear that Susi Air does not have the required personnel under Part 135”.

-> “That the only course of action is to suspend operation of Susi Air until all required post holders are recruited and put in place with full authority to act as necessary.”

-> “There is no safety manager and therefore no oversight of the safety of the Susi Air operation.”

-> “Susi Air has issued some certificates for a very questionable PC 6 Porter Type Course in 2011. My understanding is that the instructor had never worked on a Porter PC6 or done an approved course.”

-> “The Susi Air Safety Management system is totally dysfunctional”

-> “If nothing is done to control this company the risk of loss of life is probably now extremely high and beyond a level which is acceptable in any risk management system.”

Above is what my attention, but many more details as well.

Report summary:

http://www.gogoflori...rter-pc6-crash/

Industry insiders are saying the likely cause is fuel contamination, whichincidentallyis a previous issue with Susi Air who have had malfunctioning engines in 2011 due to excessive water added to the fuel tanks on a Caravan.

New Australian Embassy Warning on the Airline:

Fatal air crashes involving the Indonesian carrier Susi Air occurred on 9 September 2011, 23 November 2011 and 25 April 2012. Australian officials in Indonesia have been directed not to use Susi Air for official travel until further notice.

RIP Ian, Lets hope enough people are pissed off enough to make it not a death in vain.

Edited by jcw

Thanks for the PM jcw.

BB was an example of the disposable overseas employee that the big companies have so many of.

They occasionally pay them a decent wage but expect them to travel and work in often appallingly unsafe conditions, miss out on their kids growing up, hear about their divorces by email and generally find themselves struggling to find a home when retirement and inevitable ill health looms.

• Like 1

Thanks for the PM jcw.

BB was an example of the disposable overseas employee that the big companies have so many of.

They occasionally pay them a decent wage but expect them to travel and work in often appallingly unsafe conditions, miss out on their kids growing up, hear about their divorces by email and generally find themselves struggling to find a home when retirement and inevitable ill health looms.

Probably not the topic to discuss this much.

I agree with you that the companies probably do not care but I cannot imagine Blinkie sitting in a 9 to 5 office moving paper from one in tray to another. Paid or not he would end up doing something equally dangerous.

• Like 1

Thanks for the PM jcw.

Blinky seemed to have enjoyed his job and was even quite proud of having worked for the likes of the Burmese junta.

Thanks for the PM jcw.

Blinky seemed to have enjoyed his job and was even quite proud of having worked for the likes of the Burmese junta.

I agree. He seemed pretty happy to be doing what he was doing.

Also thank you for the pm, jcw.

What a tragic waste of another beautiful life. again my sincere condolences to Ian's family, friends and especially his children who lost a father who was so proud of his children.

Rip Blinky.

It makes me angry how companies like the one that killed you continue as if nothing happened.

I hope karma comes back and bites Susi Airs balls off. Clearly they have corrupt protection.

ICAO are as useless as tits on a bull.

Edited by mozzieslapper

There is allot of information leaking out of Susi Air, the company which killed Ian (Blinky Bill) since the crash.

Unfortunately everyone in the industry doubts anything will change. Here is a leaked report that if Blinky Bills employer knew about, well this thread would probably not be here now.

If the law and basic standard were followed this thread would defiantly not be here now.

It is chilling. It is Damning. Blinky Bill did not need to die.

It was written and presented in January 2012 regarding the Susi Air operation after 2 fatal crashes and before their 3rd in less than 9 months.

-> “It is clear that Susi Air does not have the required personnel under Part 135”.

-> “That the only course of action is to suspend operation of Susi Air until all required post holders are recruited and put in place with full authority to act as necessary.”

-> “There is no safety manager and therefore no oversight of the safety of the Susi Air operation.”

-> “Susi Air has issued some certificates for a very questionable PC 6 Porter Type Course in 2011. My understanding is that the instructor had never worked on a Porter PC6 or done an approved course.”

-> “The Susi Air Safety Management system is totally dysfunctional”

-> “If nothing is done to control this company the risk of loss of life is probably now extremely high and beyond a level which is acceptable in any risk management system.”

Above is what my attention, but many more details as well.

Report summary:

http://www.gogoflori...rter-pc6-crash/

Industry insiders are saying the likely cause is fuel contamination, whichincidentallyis a previous issue with Susi Air who have had malfunctioning engines in 2011 due to excessive water added to the fuel tanks on a Caravan.

New Australian Embassy Warning on the Airline:

Fatal air crashes involving the Indonesian carrier Susi Air occurred on 9 September 2011, 23 November 2011 and 25 April 2012. Australian officials in Indonesia have been directed not to use Susi Air for official travel until further notice.

RIP Ian, Lets hope enough people are pissed off enough to make it not a death in vain.

Oh this is really sad, Ian if he is the guy who I think he is was a real nice guy.

He had defiantly seen plenty of the world. I hope his family are managing OK.

It really makes me angry seeing these little airlines and corruption killing people for greedy $$$.

I hope his family or boss sues their butts off.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the last pack from a carton of Gudang Garam kretek cigarettes that Blinky brought me on a shelf in my kitchen.

They will remain unopened forever, and everytime I see them, which is every day, I am reminded of him.

Still can't believe the big guy is gone.

closedeyes.gif

• Like 2