High-Speed Pile-Up Brings Phuket Traffic To Standstill

webfact

High-speed pile-up brings Phuket traffic to standstill

Phuket Gazette

phuket-1-12885BYnTqeElLSFtLFvYfnrQWXcNmU.jpg

The multiple-car pile-up brought traffic on Chao Fa West Road, one of Phuket's main traffic arteries to the south of the island, to a standstill. Photo: Kriangsak Putnuan

phuket-4-12885mgZmFcrWxZsGuuMbSoweBWLPcL.jpg

The front of the white pickup truck was torn off in the collision. Photo: Dean Noble

PHUKET: -- A pickup truck slid out of control on Chao Fa West Road in Wichit this morning, slamming head-on into another pickup truck and causing a multi-car pile-up on one of Phuket’s busy main roads to the south of the island.

Eye-witness Teerachai Waiyakarn told the Phuket Gazette that at about 9:30am a white Isuzu D-Max pickup truck with Songkhla license plates was heading southbound when it crossed the center line near the Wang Talang Duty Free store.

The pickup slammed into a silver-colored D-Max heading in the opposite direction, and another Isuzu D-Max – this one blue – slammed into the back of the silver-colored pickup.

The collision sent both the silver and blue pickup trucks into the roadside drainage ditch.

A motorbike travelling slammed into fray, ending up jammed under the silver pickup.

The motorbike driver was unconscious and the driver of the white D-Max pickup suffered a head injury. Both were rushed to hospital by Phuket Ruamjai foundation rescue workers.

Motorists fore and aft of the initial collision failed to avoid the vehicles spinning out of control. Among the collateral damage was a Mercedes-Benz sports sedan still bearing red dealership license plates and a bronze-colored pickup truck.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle12885.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-04-28

The craziness continues...well at least the head injury one should be OK...need a brain up there to cause serious damage.

And he has no brain because he is Thai (presumably i.e.) or because he was involved in an accident?

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

At least not as bad as the idiots driving on the motorway late last night with the Porche speedo found to be stuck at 280Km/hr... both drivers died in that one...

We all wish that collissions would not happen, but until a reason for this one is worked out, one has to just wish those who were hurt a speedy recovery, and be glad no-one died.

At least not as bad as the idiots driving on the motorway late last night with the Porche speedo found to be stuck at 280Km/hr... both drivers died in that one...

We all wish that collissions would not happen, but until a reason for this one is worked out, one has to just wish those who were hurt a speedy recovery, and be glad no-one died.

I notice a custom turbo/wastegate/intercooler setup in the white truck's engine compartment that if done right could get the truck into the low to mid 200kph range. In regards to the Porche incident, I saw the picture of the accident and think the 280kph reading might have been artifically made by the impact of the accident and subsequent damage to the speedometer. Most speedometers, analog or digital, need a speed signal to give a reading. It's not like a clock for when the power goes out, it will still show a time.

Agreed though, I wish these collisions didn't happen either and tire of seeing bloodied bodies in wrecked vehicles here. In the US, I loved to go for a drive and listen to some music just for the heck of it. I learned very quickly after buying a car in Thailand that I would not have the same enjoyment. It's too dangerous out there......

I notice a custom turbo/wastegate/intercooler setup in the white truck's engine compartment that if done right could get the truck into the low to mid 200kph range. In regards to the Porche incident, I saw the picture of the accident and think the 280kph reading might have been artifically made by the impact of the accident and subsequent damage to the speedometer. Most speedometers, analog or digital, need a speed signal to give a reading. It's not like a clock for when the power goes out, it will still show a time.

Agreed though, I wish these collisions didn't happen either and tire of seeing bloodied bodies in wrecked vehicles here. In the US, I loved to go for a drive and listen to some music just for the heck of it. I learned very quickly after buying a car in Thailand that I would not have the same enjoyment. It's too dangerous out there......

The Porsche driver was definitely WAY TOO FAST judging by the damage done to his car. He might have not been driving 280, but he was fast.

The craziness continues...well at least the head injury one should be OK...need a brain up there to cause serious damage.

And he has no brain because he is Thai (presumably i.e.) or because he was involved in an accident?

Asked and answered...

The Porsche driver was definitely WAY TOO FAST judging by the damage done to his car. He might have not been driving 280, but he was fast.

Yes, he was going way too fast for sure....not surprised at all if over 200kph. I was interested in knowing the Porsche model to get a better idea of the speed potential, but they did not mention it. I think they might have cut the roof off of the car to extract the body too.

its obvious that the dmax was modified for speed and it also seems to be dropped

Most people in any country who mod pickups and drop them are very similar to the males on jersey shore. So nothing new. For once its not a thai standard, its a shitty car mod douchebag standard incident ;)

Asked and answered...

You know the meaning of 'or'?