Vehicle Accident

CMNightRider

why no one try to pull him out ?

Fortunately for the victim no one pulled him out from under the vehicle to add to his injuries. Several bystanders lifted the front of the vehicle off of him while they waited for the body snatchers to take him away. I'm not certain what hospital he was taken to or if he survived.

Chiang Mai is the capital of road accident and watch out for the Lumphun ลำพูน plate, no joke.

You are sooo right about Lumphun plates, It's well known with Thais drivers in Chiang Mai to watch out for Lumphun plate.........A bit like bike riders and Volvo car driver in the UK.

Chiang Mai is the capital of road accident and watch out for the Lumphun ลำพูน plate, no joke.

You are sooo right about Lumphun plates, It's well known with Thais drivers in Chiang Mai to watch out for Lumphun plate.........A bit like bike riders and Volvo car driver in the UK.

Quite right. My Thai wife and I have determined over a period of 13 years in Chiang Mai (accident free, thank God):

Lamphun registered vehicles: slow and dangerous

Lampang registered vehicles: fast and dangerous

Bangkok registered vehicles: the drivers think they own the road as well as the vehicle. Fast and agressive on the open road. But utterly incompetent in CM traffic.

Caprot emptor!

Came across a bad accident yesterday around 4Pm on the superhighway about 200m before first set of lights, coming from Nimmen Rd.

A motorcycle rider was lying in the middle of the right lane, no one was attending to him and he appeared to be deceased by the look of his injuries. There were a number of people just standing on the road directing traffic.

At that stage there was no essential services or police at the scene.

Another loss off life caused by stupidity/lack of driving skills?

Fortunately for the victim no one pulled him out from under the vehicle to add to his injuries. Several bystanders lifted the front of the vehicle off of him while they waited for the body snatchers to take him away. I'm not certain what hospital he was taken to or if he survived.

Un-fortunately having a possibe spinal injury equates to westerners as "doing nothing" if somebody has basic first aid the idea is to first and foremost remove the victim from danger, with basic first aid you can learn how to move a suspected spinal, this case absolutely turns my stomach, I hope none of you are around if i am injured!!!!!!!

Un-fortunately having a possibe spinal injury equates to westerners as "doing nothing" if somebody has basic first aid the idea is to first and foremost remove the victim from danger, with basic first aid you can learn how to move a suspected spinal, this case absolutely turns my stomach, I hope none of you are around if i am injured!!!!!!!

+1 local EMT also don't practice SOP medical attention

from the way i look at the photo the front wheel is still on the shoulder of the victim try to at least relief any heavy pressure that i sitting on him first

Came across a bad accident yesterday around 4Pm on the superhighway about 200m before first set of lights, coming from Nimmen Rd.

A motorcycle rider was lying in the middle of the right lane, no one was attending to him and he appeared to be deceased by the look of his injuries. There were a number of people just standing on the road directing traffic.

At that stage there was no essential services or police at the scene.

Another loss off life caused by stupidity/lack of driving skills?

There was another very bad one (auto vs. motorcycle) last night around 21:30 on the Mae Jo Road right at the Mae Rim turn off. I believe the motorcycle rider either sustained severe injuries or may have perished. The scene of the accident was gruesome.

does not look good or he is doing work fixing the car. not good either way

I heard the female driver was texting on her cell phone when she ran him over.

is the victim Thai or Farang ?

No one has said outside which shop that is- looks like to the left of the 7/11

Then someone who lives in one of the condos up there can discretely ask the question the OP asked.

looks like I have given myself a task then