Its Reported Roy Hodgson Approached To Be England Manager

dsfbrit

Yes but at least its entertaining and fun. Unlike your surly lot. biggrin.png

Entertaining and fun are not words that spring to my mind when I watch the England football team play.

But we do have entertaining and fun fans, they're called the Barmy Army.

if you mean the irritating bellends with the trumpets then entertaining and fun do not really spring to mind.

Do you mean the knobs that insist on playing the great escape endlessly through every game? No, they're definitely footy fans,

Edited by LucidLucifer

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has Trevor Brooking that much influence at the FA to deny Redknapp even an interview?

The resignation of Capello was a disaster for Spurs and the appointment of Woy could be an even bigger disaster.

I can see a scenario in the summer Woy for England manager and scrotum face to replace Dalglish at anfield. biggrin.png

Of course in an ideal world scrotum face would return to Wet Spam in the summer. Oh how I'd laugh...!

Yes but at least its entertaining and fun. Unlike your surly lot. biggrin.png

Entertaining and fun are not words that spring to my mind when I watch the England football team play.

But we do have entertaining and fun fans, they're called the Barmy Army.

if you mean the irritating bellends with the trumpets then entertaining and fun do not really spring to mind.

Aren't they the knobs that insist on playing the great escape endlessly through every game? No, they're definitely footy fans,

yep, the very same. the great escape and bloody dambusters. worse than them dam_n vuvuzelas last world cup.

Has Trevor Brooking that much influence at the FA to deny Redknapp even an interview?

Sadly, it seems so......ermm.gif

And I know Redknapp has an excellent record of turning around low/mid-table sides, but I doubt even he would want the task of trying to make Liverpool good.

The resignation of Capello was a disaster for Spurs and the appointment of Woy could be an even bigger disaster.

I can see a scenario in the summer Woy for England manager and scrotum face to replace Dalglish at anfield. biggrin.png

Of course in an ideal world scrotum face would return to Wet Spam in the summer. Oh how I'd laugh...!

Scrotum face isn't welcome at the Boleyn.

Scrotum face isn't welcome at the Boleyn.

biggrin.pngbiggrin.png I thought you were relocating mate?

Sadly, it seems so......ermm.gif

And I know Redknapp has an excellent record of turning around low/mid-table sides, but I doubt even he would want the task of trying to make Liverpool good.

redknapp would never get the liverpool job these days. hasn't done or won enough in his career to justify a big club taking such a gamble on him.

roy's 'unveiling' is this afternoon apparently. wonder what surprises the FA has in store? he's on 2 mill a year by all accounts, 4 mill a year less than capello.

redknapp would never get the liverpool job these days. hasn't done or won enough in his career to justify a big club taking such a gamble on him.

By your logic then, Hodgson should be a shoe in over Redknapp for the England post?

• Like 1

By your logic then, Hodgson should be a shoe in over Redknapp for the England post?

this is the FA we are talking about, leave your logic at the door.

neither of them is an international-calibre manager as their club records demonstrate.

I wouldnt feel too bad for Harry if I was you Carmine.

I am sure Levy will give him a new 3 year contract extension at Spurs to compensate.

True.....thumbsup.gif

And Liverpool are not a big club anymore Stevie wink.png

True.....thumbsup.gif

Not true actually. League position has nothing to do with them being a big club. Liverpool will always big a truely big club like Utd. Put aside all the protentious we only understand ourselves cos were so special tosh (because bar a forthcoming explanation to sharecropper we know thats b*llocks), and the facts are that Liverpool and Utd are the biggest clubs in the country.

Chelsea for example could do the treble and still be a small club that just had a great season

• Like 1

True.....thumbsup.gif

True.....thumbsup.gif

Not true actually. League position has nothing to do with them being a big club. Liverpool will always big a truely big club like Utd. Put aside all the protentious we only understand ourselves cos were so special tosh (because bar a forthcoming explanation to sharecropper we know thats b*llocks), and the facts are that Liverpool and Utd are the biggest clubs in the country.

Chelsea for example could do the treble and still be a small club that just had a great season

I'm surprised you took that bait. Of course Liverpool are a big club....rolleyes.gif.

Truly, it almost makes me crying.gif to see them in mid-table mediocrity.

The thing the FA have ignored in their quest for a yes man who will do what he is told is that Hodgson has moderate success with players who play for teams like West Brom and Fulham etc

England players though do not play for west brom or clubs of that kind. The problem he has is whether he can do what taylor has done and call up any number of crap from clubs of that kind or he just allows the team to basically run itself like Di Matteo does at Chelsea. The latter may be his only chance

if he just though quotes his 35 yeas of experience at them and insists on sticking to his horribly rigid 4-4-2 bore teams to death tactics the team will rebel very bloody quickly and will ally with sceptics in the media to get him kicked out

Hodgson is not a progressive forward thinking coach and at 64 hes too old to change. the FA may in the end condemn themselves to be hoisted by their own petard by this appointment. Players playing for Man U, Chelsea etc will not accept his tactics

I've just been reading the BBC, and it's official.

Roy Hodgson - England manager.

He's calling for the players and fans to back him. At least he's already aware nobody outside the FA wanted him.

Good luck to him, and god help the rest of us.

I've just been reading the BBC, and it's official.

Roy Hodgson - England manager.

He's calling for the players and fans to back him. At least he's already aware nobody outside the FA wanted him.

Good luck to him, and god help the rest of us.

The following shows that he had far more experience than, say, Ron Greenwood (and others):-

• Sweden: Halmstad (1976-1980), Oddevold (1982), Orebro (1982-84) Malmo (1984-1990)
  • England: Bristol City (1982), Blackburn (1997-98), Fulham (2007-2010), Liverpool (2010-11) West Brom (2011-12)
  • Switzerland: Neuchatel Xamax (1990-92), National side (1992-1995) Grasshoppers (1999-2000)
  • Denmark: FC Copenhagen (2000-01)
  • Italy: Inter Milan (1995-97 and 1999), Udinese (2001)
  • United Arab Emirates: UAE national side (2002-04)
  • Norway: Viking (2004-05)
  • Finland: National side (2006-07)

Same gutless appointment by the FA though.

Nevertheless, Good Luck Roy.

You can't doubt the guy's experience internationally. He has more than any other English manager by far. It's a shocking appointment though.

Never mind, chin-up everyone, we can always reminisce about the good ol' days of Graham 'Turnip' Taylor or Steve 'Wally with a Brolly' McClaren to keep our spirits up.

True.....thumbsup.gif

True.....thumbsup.gif

Hahaha get over yourself Carmine. Where have I said I owe Cropper and explanation? You should work for a Newspaper mate your fuc_king great at making stories up!

Now Troll along ... Liverpool FC is a massive club ! Tottenham are not now get over it.

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

Just watched the presser - they already introduced him as 'Woy' rolleyes.gif

Its done now...just hope the players can perform and we have a good Euro tournament with a bit of luck.

Its all about 2014 World Cup anyway.

I think he should be given a chance, his record is far superior to Redknaps and those that point to his time at Liverpool, well just look at them now and thats with over 100m spent on players. Its not as if there were many other candidates anyway. I doubt any manager could do much with this squad, I just hope that he cuts all the dead wood away from the 'golden generation' asap as I see those as the ones who will cause problems in the dressing room etc.

• Like 2

Its done now...just hope the players can perform and we have a good Euro tournament with a bit of luck.

Reminded me of Mike Bassett England Manager. The top managers dont have to read out their CV in minutiae, it was a real parody, would have laughed if it wasnt so depressing

I hope he defies expectations and does a good job. I dont think hes a bad bloke but I think hes a bit deluded and way out of his depth though

its also the tactics. Charles Hughes will be proud that his legacy lingers on well in to the next century

also Bernstein really is a massive, massive helmet...........

oh well, not a lot we can do about it now. Some fellas are just beyond help as regards the FA. Just have to hope in some ways that the luck he has in getting well paid jobs above his natural ability level also is seen on the pitch as well, otherwise its Graham Taylor all over again

• Like 1

I just hope that he cuts all the dead wood away from the 'golden generation' asap as I see those as the ones who will cause problems in the dressing room etc.

I'd be interested to know if he was given an agenda such as bring on the youngsters. I suppose we'll find out when he announces his first squad.

We should all give the guy a chance and see who he picks. My money is on there being at least one leftfield choice....hell, that could be an entirely new thread: 'Who will be Hodgson's Carlton Palmer?'

I just hope that he cuts all the dead wood away from the 'golden generation' asap as I see those as the ones who will cause problems in the dressing room etc.

I'd be interested to know if he was given an agenda such as bring on the youngsters. I suppose we'll find out when he announces his first squad.

We should all give the guy a chance and see who he picks. My money is on there being at least one leftfield choice....hell, that could be an entirely new thread: 'Who will be Hodgson's Carlton Palmer?'

I think Hodgsons selections will mostly be led by the nose of the media, none too inspiring or innovative but which should eliminate some of the dafter picks we saw under Taylor. Though can see him going for a few Crouch/Andy Carroll types

I dont think he would dare to go too alehouse in terms of players picked mind, he wasnt the pressers choice at all. The amount they went on about Redknapp should be a big enough clue

I just think though the players, especially those from CL clubs, will never be won over by him. Hes a throwback and they know it

With Roy at the helm, we will conquer Europe.

Well, after the last few weeks can you blame me for thinking anything can happen in football biggrin.png

You just enjoy your cloud mate.

Back to Earth with a bump in June! biggrin.png

Morning Dev,

You just won't let this go will you.

I'm actually replying to your other silly post. Yes you are a big club. We are all aware of that. We also know you like shell suits and bad frizzed hairstyles and whatever. If you are different then believe me that is the only way Liverpool fans are different from any other football fan.

Have you any idea how ridiculous you sound bleating on about Liverpool fans not being better but being different! Its laughable. How on earth can i come across as anything else but belittling when an adult is coming out with such tosh that i would expect from a ten year old.

Since you have called me out again on this then i will say that theres one big difference i'll concede. You are different to Spurs fans for example because we would always stick behind our team no matter who the manager was, even if it were George Graham. Have you any idea how much we loathed him at White Hart Lane? But, we would never undermine our team to get rid of the manager so i suppose i have proven your point for you.

About time to move on, as you said before i believe.

Like most people are am rather underwhelmed by the appointment of Hodgson.

On the other hand, (1) given the quality of the squad it is unlikely that any manager would have had success with the team and (2) unlike the press, I have absolutely no reason to believe that Redknapp (who appeared the alternative) would do a better job.

Personally I think they are both too old for it in any case and a 4 year contract is too long to give a 64 year year old. Lets hope the length of the contract reflects a mandate to rebuild the team with a much younger Group of players.

Arguably Hodgson might be more inclined to bring on the youngsters. If the press are to be believed, Redknapp had half the 'golden generation' on speed dial and they were all champing at the bit for his appointment. Mind you at Liverpool, Hodgson signed Poulsen, Konchesky and Cole - all the wrong side of 30 - on 3 and 4 year contracts and it was Dalglish who dumped them and brought through the youth.

• Like 1