Lots Of Planning To Do .. Need Help

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone out there can help me with some advice.

My wife and daughter are Thai nationals living with me in Sydney. We made a decision last week to go back and live in Thailand in about 6 yrs , but in the mean time i want to go there and start buying afew houses. i'm planning to do this every 6 months to a year . This u could say would be our 'Nest Egg'. So now i've just started to look into it. I did find laws in regards to land ownership in Thailand, but reading it makes my head spin. :o

If there's a book " Step by Step , moving to thailand - For Dummys" i'd be the first to get it.

Area which i can think of now would be;

- buying houses for investment

- Transfering money to Thailand

- What kind of Visa do i need or should i get in this situation ?

I know that what i've written is very broad so even if u narrow it down for me and give me some step by step advice i would appreciate it.

Thanks

In a nutshell :

Form a Thai Private Co. Ltd. On paper, it must be majority Thai owned - including your family members.

Company buys and manages properties.

All money should run through company bank account, as investment capital. You simply wire it in (obtain Tor Thor 3 form from bank to document origin of funds).

Set up a small property management office, hire a couple of maintenance persons to take care of properties.

With four Thai employees and a fewmillion baht having passed through corporate bank account as capital, you are eligible for work permit.

Good place to go for formal advice, on a fee basis - Property Portfolio Services in Bangkok -www.ppsproperty.com - ask for Jerry Dingley.

Good Luck!

Steve

Indo-Siam

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone out there can help me with some advice.

My wife and daughter are Thai nationals living with me in Sydney. We made a decision last week to go back and live in Thailand in about 6 yrs , but in the mean time i want to go there and start buying afew houses. i'm planning to do this every 6 months to a year . This u could say would be our 'Nest Egg'. So now i've just started to look into it. I did find laws in regards to land ownership in Thailand, but reading it makes my head spin. :o

If there's a book " Step by Step , moving to thailand - For Dummys" i'd be the first to get it.

Area which i can think of now would be;

- buying houses for investment

- Transfering money to Thailand

- What kind of Visa do i need or should i get in this situation ?

I know that what i've written is very broad so even if u narrow it down for me and give me some step by step advice i would appreciate it.

Thanks

The Company way suggested by Indo or in your wifes name are the only way to go. You cannot buy anything personally other than a condo. I think a multi Non-Immigrant O visa is the way to go for you