Tourist, 25, Survives Six-Storey Fall From Phuket Hotel Balcony

webfact

Tourist, 25, survives six-storey fall from Phuket hotel balcony

Phuket Gazette

phuket-1hotelfall.jpeg

The woman was rushed to hospital by Phuket rescue workers after falling from the sixth-floor blacony at the Patong Pearl Resortel. Photo: Atchaa Khamlo

PHUKET: -- A 25-year-old woman from the Philippines has escaped serious injury after falling from the balcony of her sixth-floor Phuket hotel room late last night.

Rescue workers from the Kusoldharm Foundation in Patong told the Phuket Gazette that they received a call notifying them of the incident at about half past midnight.

The rescue workers arrived to find Jardeliza Samireh lying in the dirt in the vacant plot behind the Patong Pearl Resortel in Soi Sawatdirak Road.

Ms Samireh apparently fell from the hotel room balcony, landed on top of the glass roof the hotel’s spa at the back of the building, then bounced over the fence wall behind the property and into the vacant lot.

She suffered only a broken left leg in the dramatic fall.

Staff at the resort confirmed that Ms Samireh checked in to the hotel with a male friend on Friday.

“They went out together yesterday. Ms Jardeliza came back at about 10.30pm and the man came back at about midnight. Then about 20 minutes later the man rushed down to us and told us that Ms Jardeliza had fallen from their room balcony,” one staff member told the Gazette.

“Police nearby rushed to the scene and we found that Jardeliza wearing shorts and spaghetti-string top, lying on the ground floor over the hotel wall,” the staffer said.

“The ambulance arrived and rushed her immediately to Patong Hospital,” she added.

Capt Jakkrapong Luang-aon of the Patong Police said that he still investigating the incident.

“We are still not sure what exactly happened, but we are looking into it,” he said.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle12902.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-05-01

I'm probably wrong, but I'm looking at a couple coming back at different times in Pattaya and thinking that she left him early for one reason or another and he came back 1.5 hours later (what can you do in that time in Pattaya between 22:30 and 00:00?). I would imagine that she was less than amused and they were discussing this on the balcony when she "fell". 20 minutes is around about the right amount of time for "Nothing's wrong" to become "You're dead!" from the lips of a pissed (off) woman!

Now, I don't know all the facts, but I do know how women react when you stare at scantily clad women. Even worse when they know you only have to pay to get your way!

I'm probably wrong, but I'm looking at a couple coming back at different times in Pattaya and thinking that she left him early for one reason or another and he came back 1.5 hours later (what can you do in that time in Pattaya between 22:30 and 00:00?). I would imagine that she was less than amused and they were discussing this on the balcony when she "fell". 20 minutes is around about the right amount of time for "Nothing's wrong" to become "You're dead!" from the lips of a pissed (off) woman!

Now, I don't know all the facts, but I do know how women react when you stare at scantily clad women. Even worse when they know you only have to pay to get your way!

Not sure the benefit of speculating the situation................

Was watching a show on TV last night where this happens at Spring Break in Florida almost every year, lame-brain drunk kids decide to climb balconey to balconey and fall to their deaths.

Very glad the lady made it out o.k. She probably left early due to being not interested in looking at ladyboys (like most of us) and wondered why there aren't more actual women on Bangla.

Given it happened in Phuket then, yes, we can assume you are reasonably wrong.

Not at all, Phuket is now a basket case - no different to Pattaya

Actually, I would'nt be suprised if this was an internet date gone wrong..

Couple meet up for the first time after a few months on the net..

Guy hits the turps and things turn ugly..at some stage during the course of the night she sees a different side of him she doesnt much care for and calls the whole thing off.

Guy is plssed off but stews on it for an hour or so and gets more primed up then goes back to confront her...fireworks...somehow she ends up over the balcony..

It will be interesting to hear her story if and when she is able to give it. Will also be interesting to know the nationality of the male.

clap2.gif

If you check the British media there has recently been a spate of Brits falling of balconies in Spain, perhaps with the economic crunch people can't afford Thai balconies anymore.

• Like 1

So, are you saying that Phuket has no nightlife ? have you been there? its not far off from Pattaya!!

- The original comments are still valid.

Edited by easybullet3

So, are you saying that Phuket has no nightlife ? have you been there? its not far off from Pattaya!!

- The original comments are still valid.

Strange conclusion.

Maybe Thailand should start taking some lessons on how this is prevented in Las Vegas. Many high rise hotels and plenty of reasons to "fall" off but yet not a common occurrence.

Then again prevention is not a widely used tactic here in LOS.

Aint it about time they start closing off these Balcony,s on high rise buildings

The interior minister today proposed the evacuation of all hotel rooms with a balcony, given the floor is more than 10 meters off the ground, until safety devices are installed on the affected balconies.

“We are still not sure what exactly happened, but we are looking into it,” he said.

Well, if she had only a broken leg she will be able to tell exactly what happened, isn't it blink.png

OK then, I get to speculate too.

I think the guy is a Secret Service agent and did the naughty with someone other than Jardeliza Samireh between 10:30 and midnight. So, when he came back to the room all sexually satisfied he refused to pay her because he'd already gotten his sexual fix by another worker and not her. An altercation over payment insued and she slipped over the balcony and got lucky.

Making the hand-rails a bit taller would probably prevent quite a few such tragedies.

My thoughts exactly. I've noticed many of the balustrades aren't as tall as in western countries. The same casual lean against a hand rail can have major consequences if it's, say, 6" lower than you're used to.

OK then, I get to speculate too.

I think the guy is a Secret Service agent and did the naughty with someone other than Jardeliza Samireh between 10:30 and midnight. So, when he came back to the room all sexually satisfied he refused to pay her because he'd already gotten his sexual fix by another worker and not her. An altercation over payment insued and she slipped over the balcony and got lucky.

That's probably it ... I was going to go with "she was partaking in an inception and miscounted how many levels of dream she was in" ...

Aint it about time they start closing off these Balcony,s on high rise buildings

The interior minister today proposed the evacuation of all hotel rooms with a balcony, given the floor is more than 10 meters off the ground, until safety devices are installed on the affected balconies.

And just to be sure they're also going to ban tourists over 100cm height from entering Thailand until then. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

clap2.gifTo be a top class Thaivisa detective you really should edit the bits ive highlighted

In any case, based on what few facts were available, id say you've done absolutely sterling job!!!

Nice onecheesy.gif