Tourist, 25, Survives Six-Storey Fall From Phuket Hotel Balcony

webfact

Aint it about time they start closing off these Balcony,s on high rise buildings

The interior minister today proposed the evacuation of all hotel rooms with a balcony, given the floor is more than 10 meters off the ground, until safety devices are installed on the affected balconies.

And just to be sure they're also going to ban tourists over 100cm height from entering Thailand until then. rolleyes.gif

That would make Thailand the Hub of Vertically Challenged Tourists ( Using the M-----t word is not politically correct !

Seriously, I suspect there are no building standards for such things here, and since the majority of the population are short, it is cheaper to make railings very low.

I have never seen a high balcony railing here -- I have often needed to crouch to use the urinal in a public toilet -- I have often hit my head on low objects in commercial buildings, including door frames -- and I am only just over 200 cm.

Funny I did not encounter the same problems in China when I lived there, although the people are about the same height -- must be a money thing, or simply a lack of caring about the welfare of other people.

Seriously, I suspect there are no building standards for such things here, and since the majority of the population are short, it is cheaper to make railings very low.

I have never seen a high balcony railing here -- I have often needed to crouch to use the urinal in a public toilet -- I have often hit my head on low objects in commercial buildings, including door frames -- and I am only just over 200 cm.

Funny I did not encounter the same problems in China when I lived there, although the people are about the same height -- must be a money thing, or simply a lack of caring about the welfare of other people.

6 foot 7 and you're complaining about hitting your head on things in Thailand? I hope you are Chinese because the rest of the world will have you hitting your head as well.

I'm glad to see a few reasonable people in here say that alcohol and balconies are a dangerous mix. If she really only broke her leg her statement should have already been taken and the truth should already be known. Case closed, speculation over. Can the newspaper please print her statement before we get on to more Pattaya/Phuket/Thailand bashing?

• Like 1

If she really only broke her leg her statement should have already been taken and the truth should already be known. Case closed, speculation over. Can the newspaper please print her statement before we get on to more Pattaya/Phuket/Thailand bashing?

If they gave us the full story today then who would read their paper tomorrow?

Edited by Jayman
  • Like 1

Simple case of natural selection. People who fall off balconies will often do so before they get around to producing children who would have also grown up to be stupid enough to fall off balconies.

However these stupid jeans live to procreate another day, which is all good, I guess??

Simple case of natural selection. People who fall off balconies will often do so before they get around to producing children who would have also grown up to be stupid enough to fall off balconies.

However these stupid jeans live to procreate another day, which is all good, I guess??

I always thought Levi's were pretty smart. At least when I wear them the Thais tell me I look "smart".

• Like 1

I'm probably wrong, but I'm looking at a couple coming back at different times in Pattaya and thinking that she left him early for one reason or another and he came back 1.5 hours later (what can you do in that time in Pattaya between 22:30 and 00:00?). I would imagine that she was less than amused and they were discussing this on the balcony when she "fell". 20 minutes is around about the right amount of time for "Nothing's wrong" to become "You're dead!" from the lips of a pissed (off) woman!

Now, I don't know all the facts, but I do know how women react when you stare at scantily clad women. Even worse when they know you only have to pay to get your way!

I doubt he tried to kill her, but I do believe she probably was distraught and tried to kill herself. Ms. Jardeliza was in love and couldn't deal with her man finding young bar girl or maybe it was a Lady Boy!

With rare exception, most foreign women I see in Thailand are not very attractive and a guy can go to any go go bar and find a young, thin, petite, firm, cute girl to bang. Based on her name, Ms Jardeliza, I suspect has none of those attributes. Very easy for a foreign lady to get distraught.

I take it that you are under 170 cm tall, don't have a problem with balcony railings 65 cm tall and have never leaned on one.

BTW Einstein, it's spelled genes.

Case in point, would those be Levi's or Calvin's?

I'm probably wrong, but I'm looking at a couple coming back at different times in Pattaya and thinking that she left him early for one reason or another and he came back 1.5 hours later (what can you do in that time in Pattaya between 22:30 and 00:00?). I would imagine that she was less than amused and they were discussing this on the balcony when she "fell". 20 minutes is around about the right amount of time for "Nothing's wrong" to become "You're dead!" from the lips of a pissed (off) woman!

Now, I don't know all the facts, but I do know how women react when you stare at scantily clad women. Even worse when they know you only have to pay to get your way!

I doubt he tried to kill her, but I do believe she probably was distraught and tried to kill herself. Ms. Jardeliza was in love and couldn't deal with her man finding young bar girl or maybe it was a Lady Boy!

With rare exception, most foreign women I see in Thailand are not very attractive and a guy can go to any go go bar and find a young, thin, petite, firm, cute girl to bang. Based on her name, Ms Jardeliza, I suspect has none of those attributes. Very easy for a foreign lady to get distraught.

What in the name of CSI can you deduct from her name that she is not young,thin,petite,firm and cute.Get a reality check.As far as foreign woman are concerned,you should get out of your bubble and get down to Ko Chang in the high season,honeys everywhere,but with your attitude i doubt you would have much luck.Save the bus fare and go back to the gg bars

I take it that you are under 170 cm tall,

No idea. I'm 5' 11" whatever that may be in new money?

don't have a problem with balcony railings 65 cm tall and have never leaned on one.

No don't have a problem. Yes have leaned on them but never fallen over what with me being slightly more clever than humpty dumpty and all.

BTW Einstein, it's spelled genes.

Yes I know how it's spelt. The same way I know the difference between there and their yet still write the wrong one occasionally. It's a funny old world!

Case in point, would those be Levi's or Calvin's?

Only 12 hours after the joke had already been made. coffee1.gif

Given it happened in Phuket then, yes, we can assume you are reasonably wrong.

So, are you saying that Phuket has no nightlife ? have you been there? its not far off from Pattaya!!

- The original comments are still valid.

What does that have to do with anything. The guy was saying that based on his knowledge of the opportunities for men in Pattaya then this accident in Phuket is easily explained.

It's a bit like me blaming the flu I currently have in Bkk on inclement weather patterns in Alaska.

As true love is such a common occurence over here in the Land Of Smiles, whether finding it here or bringing it with you... the lady had obviously went ahead to get into her newly aquired attire as Jungceylon had closed shop. Meanwhile, the guy came back later as he'd stopped and bought every single rose down Bangla Rd, however he made a devastating mistake of serenading his beloved as he got ready to open the door, whereupon she dashed out to the balcony, leaning over the picturesquely petit railing, desperately trying to spot him... "Where art thou, my love...???" ...slightly miscalculated, yes, a wee bit too far... a tragic fall, but all's well that ends well... a broken leg will so not stop the Pearly wedding! giggle.gif ...what are the chances, eh..? hehe

On a serious note, tho... woah, nothing short of miraculous, says I! How many persons can say they survived such a fall, whatever led up to it, that girl had a kickass angel watch, that's one thing that is sure... rolleyes.gif

Police nearby rushed to the scene and we found that Jardeliza wearing shorts and spaghetti-string top

No pics, it never happend. Btv, what's a spagetti string top and why is this relevant ? rolleyes.gif

Edited by Semper

Exactly my thoughts. I never stated that he did anything. In these situations, with a few drinks inside, this could be a 50/50 thing as to jumped/pushed. Whatever, it is a VERY narrow opportunity that she just fell.

Given it happened in Phuket then, yes, we can assume you are reasonably wrong.

So, are you saying that Phuket has no nightlife ? have you been there? its not far off from Pattaya!!

- The original comments are still valid.

What does that have to do with anything. The guy was saying that based on his knowledge of the opportunities for men in Pattaya then this accident in Phuket is easily explained.

It's a bit like me blaming the flu I currently have in Bkk on inclement weather patterns in Alaska.

Fair point. Being that I have a 6 month old daughter keeping me awake most nights I would like to blame tiredness for my inability to differentiate Pattaya and Phuket in my bleary eyed state. Then again the offerings of both are very similar at 22:30-00:00 (apart from the intensity, maybe...).

All that apart it does give me some hope that there are people like you in the world that never put a foot or word wrong.