Euro 2012.....What Channels Are Showing It ?

CiaranO

Just wondering what channels will be showing the Euro's in June? We have truevsion at home but have yet to see any advertising for it.

While I am on the subject of football.....the FA cup this weekend....am I right in thinking its on regular TV.....like CH 7 or 3....I saw an ad somewhere for it....

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GMM grammy? never heard of them.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/news/newsid%3D1623382.html

UEFA announced today that GMM Grammy, a leading media and entertainment group in Thailand, have been awarded exclusive media rights for UEFA EURO 2012. The deal also includes media rights for the 2011 and 2013 UEFA European Under-21 Championships and UEFA Women's EURO 2013.

GMM Grammy will broadcast live all 31 matches from UEFA EURO 2012 on its own satellite channel and leading terrestrial channels in Thailand. Grammy will complement their live broadcast by offering a package of magazine and highlights programmes broadcast throughout the final tournament. In addition, Grammy will offer comprehensive internet and mobile services for the acquired matches on a live and on-demand basis.

Matches from the 2011 and 2013 UEFA European Under-21 Championships and UEFA Women's EURO 2013 will be broadcast by GMM Grammy's terrestrial partners in Thailand.

Note to editors:

SPORTFIVE was appointed by UEFA as the exclusive sales agency for the media rights to UEFA EURO 2012 in selected territories in Asia and Oceania (excluding Brunei Darussalam & Malaysia, Indonesia and Japan). The agreement, which also includes the media rights to the 2011 and 2013 UEFA European Under-21 Championships and UEFA Women's EURO 2013, covers a total of 49 territories.

So anybody know what channels are showing it?, I understand it will be on terrestial, but some channels on my set up make it look like 44 a side- pity England can't go out with 44 might actually win something!

• 3 weeks later...

According to the Bangkok Post on Saturday it will, literally only be shown on Thai terrestrial channels, and not on the Truevision version of these same channels. Apparently, they will block the signal going from the Thai channels to True, and you will only be able to watch it by tuning your TV to the terrestrial channels and using an old fashioned antenna/ aerial!!

The reason given is that neighbouring countries can pirate Trues signal (presumably Burma/ Laos/ Cambodia) and UEFA have sold the rights to Thailand ONLY and are adamant that coverage cannot be broadcast in situations where a non paying country could get it for free!!

Most of the games after the first round of matches kick off at 7.45pm UK time, ie 01.45am here. If this nonsense comes to pass, I will sleep the night, not look at the result in the morning and hope to be able to download the games and watch as though live.

Can you hook this piece of shit from Grammy up to an existing UBC dish an then burn the box outside the company's HQ after the tournament has finished?

During the world cup TRUE HD showed games, they were also available on WEtv, with the exception of one game when there was a similar dispute. However this was rectified pretty quickly by Wetv.

I know I can get a bog standard aerial, but was looking forward to watching a few games down my local, which now looks unlikely on his big projector unless we're forced into this scam by Grammy.

According to the Bangkok Post on Saturday it will, literally only be shown on Thai terrestrial channels, and not on the Truevision version of these same channels. Apparently, they will block the signal going from the Thai channels to True, and you will only be able to watch it by tuning your TV to the terrestrial channels and using an old fashioned antenna/ aerial!!

The reason given is that neighbouring countries can pirate Trues signal (presumably Burma/ Laos/ Cambodia) and UEFA have sold the rights to Thailand ONLY and are adamant that coverage cannot be broadcast in situations where a non paying country could get it for free!!

Most of the games after the first round of matches kick off at 7.45pm UK time, ie 01.45am here. If this nonsense comes to pass, I will sleep the night, not look at the result in the morning and hope to be able to download the games and watch as though live.

so has the decision been made by thailand or made for them by uefa because uefa doesn't want laos, cambodia and burma piggybacking the signal without having paid uefa for licenses? will be shit if you can't go and watch matches in a bar. not even that arsed about english commentary to be honest, just be good to watch big matches in public.

Most people i would of thought keep there old cableing in case of instances like this,i can just plug the old aerial into the back of the Tv no big deal really only the picture will be not as good.

As a side point it would be interesting what the company paid for thes rights in Thailand and how much they will make if these boxes are only 1.500 baht!!

How much did they sell the rights to there Thai terrestial partners?

Will they be showing other stuff on these boxes? and for how long.

Really it is like the old set top box you can buy for next to nothing in the UK or States and at 1.500 baht is not over the top for the whole tournament if you enjoy watching football.

Most people i would of thought keep there old cableing in case of instances like this,i can just plug the old aerial into the back of the Tv no big deal really only the picture will be not as good.

As a side point it would be interesting what the company paid for thes rights in Thailand and how much they will make if these boxes are only 1.500 baht!!

How much did they sell the rights to there Thai terrestial partners?

Will they be showing other stuff on these boxes? and for how long.

Really it is like the old set top box you can buy for next to nothing in the UK or States and at 1.500 baht is not over the top for the whole tournament if you enjoy watching football.

last world cup i don't remember which company had bought the broadcast rights in thailand but they weren't selling rights to their terrestrial partners or anything. in fact i think that you could only show it on one tv per bar per license or something, and even then only with thai commentary. they made a right balls of it in short.

if you get a UK IP address by using a virtual private network - very simple to do, you can download from the BBC Iplayer. Half the games will be on ITV which you can only stream but BBC will have a highlights program with all the games which you can download...

Got this reply from GMM about their Euro 2012 coverage.

Dear Sir, Sorry for late reply

- Where can we buy GMM Z box and How much it is?

GMM Z Box is 1590 ฿ / box and you can buy this box from the satellite shop near your place, 7-11 , Big C or GMM GRAMMY PLACE Building.

- Can the box work on an existing TRUEvisions dish?

Yes, it can work on TRUEvisions dish or other. Because it works on KU-Band and C-Band signal.

- Will you offer English commentary during live games?

Yes, you can select the audio button "mono right" to listen English commentary

Yours sincerely,

GMM SPORT

Yes. Why is everyone going on about dishes? Most homes have an analogue signal don't they? You just pull out the true cable and connect your TV to that hole in the wall with another cable.

Yes. Why is everyone going on about dishes? Most homes have an analogue signal don't they? You just pull out the true cable and connect your TV to that hole in the wall with another cable.

Because allot of people want English commentary and Thai TV doesn't have it.

Haaaaw-Hooooorrrr! Thai commentary isn't that bad is it?

Bought GMM Z box yesterday from Tesco Lotus.

I had pointed the dish to NSS6 on IPM and struggled pointing to thaicom as the GMM decoder is on same band as TrueVisions.

Regular FTA channels with several blank 'Future Channels'. Yet to test switching to english audio since none of the channels have dual audio.

I think this is utterly ridiculous (even for Thailand) for a company that isnt even a Tv broadcaster to just be able to buy the rights to this and then force everyone to have to buy a box set to watch the games, how on earth did True allow this to happen???

True didn't bid for the rights..... Or at least failed with their bid. You don't HAVE to buy the box, An old fashioned ariel antenna will also suffice.

You'll be able to watch Sheff (pigs) Wednesday on this system next season though Dave ;)

Edited by bangkok blue

True didn't bid for the rights..... Or at least failed with their bid. You don't HAVE to buy the box, An old fashioned ariel antenna will also suffice.

You'll be able to watch Sheff (pigs) Wednesday on this system next season though Dave wink.png

So can you pick up the championship on this system then??

Anyone got any idea if this system will work in Laos?

GMM confirmed they have the Npower champ and Bundesliga. It'll work on KU band, which is the same as TRUEvisions.

I also saw Bundesliga, NPower, J League, eurosport, etc on their brochure. They also have wild life and entertainment channels, but as of now, it just displays 'future channel'.

Euros will be shown via Channels 3, 5 and 9. As it stands at the moment you need their box, or use an old fashioned ariel antenna. True are holding meetings to solve this issue. They currently will block the signal to Thai channels during live games to stop neighboring countries nicking the True signal. I think the GMM sports channel will launch soon for Euros to show highlights and support programmes. I believe Npower and Bundesliga games will be shown on GMM sport one and Football plus channels.