Euro 2012.....What Channels Are Showing It ?

CiaranO

For some EPL games at the start of last season had this issue as well with True, was sorted in a few weeks though. Better than the world cup 2010. At least Grammy stood by their promise of English commentary and we don't have to mess about with VPNs, two computers and a delay programme to enjoy the games.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I find GMM Grammy coverage quiet good. As guaranteed by the sales lady it's English and I have no problems at all with it.

And on the upside we now have tv in the bedroom too so alls good.

OK - so where have those clowns at GMM hidden the repeat broadcast of the Germany v Greece game? Looked at 3:30 on 000 and 'Genius' - nothing. Looked at 6:30 - nothing. Guess Im going to have to give in and look up the score. TIT - move the schedule half way through the tournament with no apparent advertising of same. I hope this lot are not going to take over the programming of the EPL.

OK - so where have those clowns at GMM hidden the repeat broadcast of the Germany v Greece game? Looked at 3:30 on 000 and 'Genius' - nothing. Looked at 6:30 - nothing. Guess Im going to have to give in and look up the score. TIT - move the schedule half way through the tournament with no apparent advertising of same. I hope this lot are not going to take over the programming of the EPL.

Mr Stupidw00t.gif . When I looked for the results, not only is the Germany game the second game of the quarter-fianls, but there is a one-night break in between the group stage and the quarter-finals.

Where does the Edit button go when you need it sick.gif

So has anyone actually found a programme schedule anywhere?

Couldn't find one on their website, and the box itself doesn't seem to show the schedules (EPG = extended programme schedule doesn't seem to have any data).

BTW When England v Ukraine and Sweden v France were on simultaneously did anyone find a channel with the French game on? Seemed to me they showed only the English game. I kept flicking thru but couldn't find the French to check their progress. All passed now anyway, and there won't be any more games with 2 at the same time, but it may be helpful in finding which other channels show the football, and hence ones to check for replays/re-runs of the ones I don't want to stay up for

:)

Couldn't find one on their website, and the box itself doesn't seem to show the schedules (EPG = extended programme schedule doesn't seem to have any data).

BTW When England v Ukraine and Sweden v France were on simultaneously did anyone find a channel with the French game on? Seemed to me they showed only the English game. I kept flicking thru but couldn't find the French to check their progress. All passed now anyway, and there won't be any more games with 2 at the same time, but it may be helpful in finding which other channels show the football, and hence ones to check for replays/re-runs of the ones I don't want to stay up for

smile.png

I am wayching the games on ch3 on a normal aerial they had the french game on ch7 or mcot not sure which but i kept switching to catch the score.

smile.png

I am wayching the games on ch3 on a normal aerial they had the french game on ch7 or mcot not sure which but i kept switching to catch the score.

GMM had the French game on GMM Z Genius channel 399 and the English game on 000. I too was channel hopping.

But, I still cant find the Portugal repeat broadcast today. They seem to have changed the schedule or droppped the repeats with no publicity. I withdraw my previous withdrawal - I am Mr Foresight, not Mr Stupid. I'll have to get my wife to call them tomorrow and find out what's happening - the webshite is hopeless.

If this bunch of to$$ers get the EPL rights, be very afraid!

GMM remind me of the airport link. Throw the stuff out there with no information or support and hope to get it right over the first year or two. Incredible.

I guess the silver lining is at least GMM are starting some competition vs True's monopoly. The main problem at the moment is that they both seem to be competing as to who can provide the worst customer experience.

Had hassles and error messages on True all day today. They said they would send someone on Monday. Lost count of the number of days they've cheated us out of without compensation when things don't work. So it was quite nice to tell True we have a GMM box, and if they don't sort it quicker we now have an alternative, there's a good chance we'll cancel True. Managed to get an appointment for tomorrow afternoon between 1-5pm when I said 3 days without TV and no compensation wasn't good enough.

That said, last time we had an afternoon appointment on a weekend with True the technician rang at 8am to say it was raining and could he come mid-week instead!

So hopefully one day GMM and True will actually start competing to be the best... :)

GMM remind me of the airport link. Throw the stuff out there with no information or support and hope to get it right over the first year or two. Incredible.

Don't worry, the Premier League season starts in a month or so and all will be back to normal on True. thumbsup.gif

Except that we will have to pay another 400 baht a month to continue with GMM if we want any German or Spanish* fare with our English game. I suspect that after the 2013 season we can even kiss goodbye to comprehensive cover of the EPL at a reasonable cost. I see people welcoming the onset of competition. Since when was a duopoly good for competition?

*(or was it Geman and Italian, can't remember)

Except that we will have to pay another 400 baht a month to continue with GMM if we want any German or Spanish* fare with our English game. I suspect that after the 2013 season we can even kiss goodbye to comprehensive cover of the EPL at a reasonable cost. I see people welcoming the onset of competition. Since when was a duopoly good for competition?

Exactly right.

The FA or whomever will still have a monopoly over premiership rights and UEFA or whomever will still have a monopoly over CL rights. If you have 2 companies bidding for the rights to receive them then the price will simply rise.And if two different companies win the two different packages the consumer will not only end up paying for the increased costs of buying both packages but the extra costs of two set top boxes, two subscriptions channels, extra transponders etc..

When I did not find the replay agian today at 3:40, I tasked my wife with trying to find out.

The local football fans with their bamboo aerials are having fun at my expense, primed obviously by my wife. Last night one of them, who's not normally known for speaking any English came swaggering over worse for Lao Khao wear and said 'Hey Steve - GMM sh$te, shai mai?

When I did not find the replay agian today at 3:40, I tasked my wife with trying to find out.

The local football fans with their bamboo aerials are having fun at my expense, primed obviously by my wife. Last night one of them, who's not normally known for speaking any English came swaggering over worse for Lao Khao wear and said 'Hey Steve - GMM sh$te, shai mai?

OK - the answer is that they will be showing Euro programmes at see toom kreung and thee neung kreung. Hopefully that means the replay of last night's Germany game will be on at 10:30 pm tonight and the Spai game will of course be broadcast live as normal at 1:30am tomorrow morning.

My wife insisted that the programmes are on channel 0 only. When I said that means channel 000, she said no - GMM customer services were very specific that it was not on 000, rather it's on 0. I'm sceptical - think that bit was just a lost in translation. Anyway try channel 000 tonight at 10:30pm and if not try the mythical channel 0biggrin.png .

Yep - it's working. 10:30pm and the comedy glasses brigade showed up on channel 000 on GMM. It's now 11pm Thai time and the Germany Greece game is about to be re-broadcast.

As an optimist, I reckon the duopoly has to be a step up from True's monopoly :)

The GMM box is a big hit with the kids too. It has a couple of channels like Nickleodeon Jnr. Free. Unlike True where Nickleodeon (usually) comes only with Platinum package; and CBeebies isn't even part of the Platinum package so if you want it you have to sign up for a top up package in addition to Platinum!

I have to say, the main reason for me nowadays with True is the EPL. Without that, I'd probably dump it and buy a second GMM box - would like BBC News/CNBC or Bloomberg but not essential.

:)

If True lose the EPL I'll sack it off for sure. Get British TV from Thaiexpat TV and stream the footy, or just go down the pub. Unless the new (should there be) broadcasters offer a cheaper subs package. GMM asking for around 300/400bht for their sports channels. Doubt it'll stay as cheap as this is they get the rights. But they have been quoted as saying in The Nation that they would offer it for this price. Bidding should be completed by end of this year, latest.

If True lose the EPL I'll sack it off for sure. Get British TV from Thaiexpat TV and stream the footy, or just go down the pub. Unless the new (should there be) broadcasters offer a cheaper subs package. GMM asking for around 300/400bht for their sports channels. Doubt it'll stay as cheap as this is they get the rights. But they have been quoted as saying in The Nation that they would offer it for this price. Bidding should be completed by end of this year, latest.

Thats the solution for you urbanites with your ritzy fast connections!

I saw some strap line on GMM that suggested that the free period will continue for a while after the Euros have finished. It seemed to be implying that GMM needed time to get their act together to sort out packages, marketing and payments. I shalln't be watching much, but I won't throw the box away just yet!