Euro 2012.....What Channels Are Showing It ?

CiaranO

There seems to be a reply on the GMMsport page for facebook. it opens there web page news section, In thai. As far as I can make out it is saying that if you buy the box then you can watch all the games on their free for view cannels without any additional subscription.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link litebeer,i did not know they have the MUTV channel....now i have started taking this company a lot more seriously.

Wish it was in English the website i mean sad.png

That statement is just reaffirming that the only way to watch the Euros is with their box. Doesn't mention anything about antenna, but for sure you can watch this way also.

Reading between the lines, I think this is a subtle two fingered salute at TRUE!

SantiSuk,

Please post a link to the thread you are referring to for bar owners, I've searched for it but can't find it...

Many thanks,

Tom.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557676-6000bhat-for-license-to-show-euro-games/page__p__5348219__hl__+gmm#entry5348219

There was another one - I'll post it if I can find it. Think it was in the Pattaya forum but Phuket guys were chipping in

At 1,590 GMM Grammy have underpriced the offer IMO. Thankfully of course.

I guess they are pitching at Thais who currently have cheaper satellite offerings for volume sales in the knowledge that all the hi-sos and falangs with their relatively expensive True set-ups will inevitably thereby be getting a good deal. I guess they are also trying to build a brand as a broadcaster - I know the wider GMM brand does not need any more building in terms of pop stars, screen savers, ringtones and the like; there was immediate brand-recognition in that area when I took a market survey (my wife and our teenage daughter). Sounds a bit like a corporatized and Thai-i-fied Simon Cowell. Also sounds as though their management is switched-on and wiping the floor with True. Hope they dont slip up with the delivery.

Having heard that the late play by True looks like all pi$$ and wind I'll be off down the local 711s and the satellite shops tomorrow to see who has still got it in stock. Anyone had any problems in finding sold-outs anywhere?

SantiSuk,

Please post a link to the thread you are referring to for bar owners, I've searched for it but can't find it...

Many thanks,

Tom.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557676-6000bhat-for-license-to-show-euro-games/page__p__5348219__hl__+gmm#entry5348219

There was another one - I'll post it if I can find it. Think it was in the Pattaya forum but Phuket guys were chipping in

Do you mean this other link?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/557873 - Pattaya Police Issue Euro 2012 Warnings To Bars & Restaurants

Yep - that's the one.

To be fair, my charge that other Euro 2012 threads got captured by the bar owners is fiction - skimming them again I see they were started pretty much on a bar owner tack.

Thanks for the link litebeer,i did not know they have the MUTV channel....now i have started taking this company a lot more seriously.

If using Chrome you can right click and translate to English.

Me too biggrin.png But if i get the MUTV channel i will watch way to much tellywink.png

• Like 1

GMM confirmed they have the Npower champ and Bundesliga. It'll work on KU band, which is the same as TRUEvisions.

That's sold it to me, Cheers thumbsup.gif

Getting ready for the matches, I had some guy around today to supply and fix up this GMM reciever.

Connected into it from the True dish cable....dual splitter...cables out to the GMM box and True box. True box already connected to the TV,so RCA connections to the TV for the new box

The guy telephones the GMM people and set up the system with the latest software.

Picture OK.

Cost me 2000baht,saved me running arround to get everything....

My expectations are that it will cost me 666 baht per match for the 3 England matches..../maybe 500 baht a game if we qualify for the quarter finals.

I'm not a great fan of TV in general,but it does seem that there are a lot of programs on the GMM network,maybe for many Thai's a choice from True,and cheaper.

Can you see now ASN or Eurosport channel? Or do you have to pay something to see those?

Just back my village cableguy, says can put together with true dish but then can not see those grammy sportchannels. So ASN, Eurosport etc only on c-band dish? That make sense as true have this truelife+ box and Eurosport is on channellist only with biggest black c-band dish.

Just back my village cableguy, says can put together with true dish but then can not see those grammy sportchannels. So ASN, Eurosport etc only on c-band dish? That make sense as true have this truelife+ box and Eurosport is on channellist only with biggest black c-band dish.

I have it connected to IPM Ku band dish and all channels are on.

Call GMM call center (02 841 8888) to unlock channels. At the voice prompt, choose/dial 1, then punch in the 16 digit STB card no. found under menu/Application/STB info. By the way, i hope you already figured out the passcode to enter menu mode is 0000.

After 10-15 mins, all channels will be active.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info guys, i was beginning to think i wouldnt see the Euros until this thread. I have Thipmanee TV and they have Ch's 3, 5 & 9 already (Thip 7, 8 & 10). And i think they have the GMM Sport One on a stand alone channel as well. It used to be the ESPN channel i think (Thip60)....the one which showed Aviva Premiership games. Was pi$$ed at them for losing that contract, but hopefully all seems for the best.

Now to find where i can watch the England South Africa Tour starting on the 9th.

Thanks for all the info guys, i was beginning to think i wouldnt see the Euros until this thread. I have Thipmanee TV and they have Ch's 3, 5 & 9 already (Thip 7, 8 & 10). And i think they have the GMM Sport One on a stand alone channel as well. It used to be the ESPN channel i think (Thip60)....the one which showed Aviva Premiership games. Was pi$$ed at them for losing that contract, but hopefully all seems for the best.

Now to find where i can watch the England South Africa Tour starting on the 9th.

Me too - I'm hoping that Setanta (True Visions Gold package channel 107) will do so - they've been giving good coverage of the Aviva Premiership and great coverage of Super Rugby.

Wife has agreed to buy the box, though paying money to watch the King of the LMA lead us to disaster isnt really floating my boat but needs must

on the plus side, as we do know the bloke who owns the company quite well, am thinking of trying to persuade him to have a go at buying the rights to the next Ashes series. Sure it would get more viewers from the expat community than these endless shitty tinpot golf tournaments shown on a loop on truevisions at any rate. if I get the box then maybe it will then be worth not chucking it away afterwards if I have some luck there ;-)

• Like 1

Related question: does anyone know how to get in touch with a GMM representative? I followed the instructions for registering (thanks!) but I get some error. Since the call centre menu is in Thai, it doesn't help much. I tried the other menu options and got put on hold for a while, after which the line got disconnected.

Thanks for your help, aprreciated.

Related question: does anyone know how to get in touch with a GMM representative? I followed the instructions for registering (thanks!) but I get some error. Since the call centre menu is in Thai, it doesn't help much. I tried the other menu options and got put on hold for a while, after which the line got disconnected.

Thanks for your help, aprreciated.

I know the feeling well. eventually got through to the help desk but not one person there speaks english. My experience of GMM reps around the country is not good. They are working on commision and try to tell you the only way to activate the box is to purchase a one year subscription from them. In Phuket that's 6000 baht inc box. When I said that i'd already bought a box they didnt want to help at all.

I too have tried the recorded message, push 1, enter the code. then got some thai recording which included a read back of my mobile no. Left the box on for an hour but activation didn't happen.

I got the box today.

The usual bunch of 200 plus Thai channels.

Wife finally got through to the call center and registered at 6.pm.

Still do not have the premium channels.

We will make another attempt soon.

looks like we had to leave the receiver on for a while while they sent the signal.

Now working.

I cant see me paying a monthly subscription for that lot.

It might be early days though.

I got the box today.

The usual bunch of 200 plus Thai channels.

Wife finally got through to the call center and registered at 6.pm.

Still do not have the premium channels.

We will make another attempt soon.

looks like we had to leave the receiver on for a while while they sent the signal.

Now working.

I cant see me paying a monthly subscription for that lot.

It might be early days though.

What sports channels do you get with just buying the box? ie no subscription

And what sports channels do you get if you pay a monthly sub?