Euro 2012.....What Channels Are Showing It ?

CiaranO

At the moment all free but the "premium" sport channels are:

GMM Sport 1. Currently showing a live J League game. Thai or Japanese commentary.

Football Plus. Currently showing a bunch of Thais talking about football.

Sports Plus. Showing some extreme skiing.

ASN. Showing Nascar and other US sport.

Euro Sport. Showing Leeds V Wigan rugby league.

Last night one of them was showing Liverpool V Newcastle when Dalglish was manager of Newcastle.

To be honest not a lot to write home about but early days. They might get more content.

They are going to have to fill it with something.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NBTC called Euro 2012 broadcasters Ch3, 5, 9, involved cable operators and TrueVisions to discuss a way out on broadcast row tmrw. Fingers crossed....

GMM sport one and the Football plus channel will show the Npower Championship, J league and Bundesliga from next season.

Just back my village cableguy, says can put together with true dish but then can not see those grammy sportchannels. So ASN, Eurosport etc only on c-band dish? That make sense as true have this truelife+ box and Eurosport is on channellist only with biggest black c-band dish.

I have it connected to IPM Ku band dish and all channels are on.

Call GMM call center (02 841 8888) to unlock channels. At the voice prompt, choose/dial 1, then punch in the 16 digit STB card no. found under menu/Application/STB info. By the way, i hope you already figured out the passcode to enter menu mode is 0000.

After 10-15 mins, all channels will be active.

Enjoy.

Set up the box today and working fine apart from the locked channels - will follow BV's helpful advice above tomorrow, but.........how to change the menu to English or is this not an option?

Just back my village cableguy, says can put together with true dish but then can not see those grammy sportchannels. So ASN, Eurosport etc only on c-band dish? That make sense as true have this truelife+ box and Eurosport is on channellist only with biggest black c-band dish.

Call GMM call center (02 841 8888) to unlock channels. At the voice prompt, choose/dial 1, then punch in the 16 digit STB card no. found under menu/Application/STB info. By the way, i hope you already figured out the passcode to enter menu mode is 0000.

Enjoy.

Set up the box today and working fine apart from the locked channels - will follow BV's helpful advice above tomorrow, but.........how to change the menu to English or is this not an option?

To change menu to English:

Press Menu on remote and punch in 0000 (passcode).

Assuming that menu is in Thai,

Scroll down to 4th item (or 2nd item from bottom) and press OK

Press on 3rd item and press OK

Scroll down to 3rd item below 0% and press < or > on remote and press OK.

Language is set to English.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help guys,just tried the above and end up with a black screen on left hand side of tv, and 4 thai choices on the left still? Also followed instruction with 0000 login but cannot find this 16 digit stb card number anywhere, im not getting a feature under menu/application/info any advice would be gratefully received..

Thanks for the help guys,just tried the above and end up with a black screen on left hand side of tv, and 4 thai choices on the left still? Also followed instruction with 0000 login but cannot find this 16 digit stb card number anywhere, im not getting a feature under menu/application/info any advice would be gratefully received..

To solve black screen (i suppose when in menu), just reboot the box. They have this serious bug.

Anyway, to locate the card number, assuming you are in english OSD,

Go to Application and click on STB Info. You will find the Card No. there.

no joy still finding this number, going into menu and getting 5 choices 1st is EPG then 4 more in thai, nothing saying stb? sure i will get there eventually, thanks BuddhistVirus managed to get english language following your steps..glad to read theve got the championship games next season as well..

no joy still finding this number, going into menu and getting 5 choices 1st is EPG then 4 more in thai, nothing saying stb? sure i will get there eventually, thanks BuddhistVirus managed to get english language following your steps..glad to read theve got the championship games next season as well..

Looks like you haven't changed the OSDlanguage.

Including EPG, click on the 4th item(2nd from bottom)

Then, click on the first item. That's info. You will see card no.

Edited by BuddhistVirus
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the info guys, i was beginning to think i wouldnt see the Euros until this thread. I have Thipmanee TV and they have Ch's 3, 5 & 9 already (Thip 7, 8 & 10). And i think they have the GMM Sport One on a stand alone channel as well. It used to be the ESPN channel i think (Thip60)....the one which showed Aviva Premiership games. Was pi$$ed at them for losing that contract, but hopefully all seems for the best.

Now to find where i can watch the England South Africa Tour starting on the 9th.

Me too - I'm hoping that Setanta (True Visions Gold package channel 107) will do so - they've been giving good coverage of the Aviva Premiership and great coverage of Super Rugby.

Setanta are showing the Rugby test matches. Well done to the Scots for grinding out a (hopelessly boring) win against the Wallabys in weather that would have done Lerwick proud. Im not that surprised - judging by the Super League this season, Australian Rugby Union is at an all time low with all but the Brumbies being killed by the Kiwi and South African teams.

The first test South Africa v England is on at I think 9:45pm Saturday. England will get slaughtered!

I think Grammy are using this as a tool now to close in on True and the premiership rights in the future.

I will be very surprised if it is not shown through True now after the NBTC statement today.

So you wannabe watching euro2012 ?

Our latest information from thai tv is no problem just turn on your tv its on channel 3 5 9.

All you need is a standard arial, the 1500 baht gmm box is just a reciever arial for satalite systems,

you have to disconnect your sat system and plug in your gmm box. as all sat dishes will be blocked (there is over 2 million black dishes in thailand) its got to be cheaper to plug in a portable arial or an old coat hanger you could even pop down to big C and buy a portable tv.

several reasons given for blocking sat tv one being our neighbouring countries pirating the signal secondly and more to the point "loss"

of advertising revenue.so we can all look forward to leighton bains flying down the wing for ENGLAND with a tin of shaving cream on his head. maybe stevie G taking a corner from a honda motorcycle showroom with a robot commentating! on the subject of thai football

commentators did anybody watch the FA cup final in Thai ? i did unfortunatly i spent at least eighty minutes looking for craig Johnson

on the pitch thinking he'd made a comeback after twenty odd years out of the game i heard he retired early went back to Australia and

invented an amazing football boot and became a very very rich person. i can only assume somebody else with the same memories

as me phoned in to the TV studio as confused as i was as after the 80 th min or so the commentator got it right it was actually Glen Johnson. are they great or what! i'm sure they will take over the world in the very near future! i just hope my English language button

works! anyway i WANNABE watching the footie dressed as a Thai football pundit so i"m off to hairdressers for a gel walnut whip hairdoo with streakes then on to purchase a really ill fitting suit jacket a huge multi coloured kipper tie and a shirt with a collar the size

of a boeing 777 wing span! Trousers? not sure they wear any, maybe tracky bottoms and seventies style trainers! Predictions England

to lose to any one of several teams we will score many goals but they will all be disallowed due to dodgey decisions and bad luck but we don:t care we are used to it! come on Wannabemc.com supporters club.

GMM guy just been on channel 3. Interviewer said NBTC statement has said Thai TV should continue broadcasting all its signals without biased. GMM said willing to talk with True, but have been waiting for a long time already with no response from them.

He also banged on about UEFA being concerned with the signal being stolen.

Guess we'll find out tmrw!

Official statement:

NBTC resolved on Euro2012 broadcast row: 1) free TV operators should televise their programmes on a non-discriminatory basis.

2) TrueVisions should ensure its subscribers can watch all content from free TV.

But this doesn't guarantee anything just yet. Ball back in True's court. GMM will want money as they are the rights broadcasters.

A source said the contract between Ch3 and GMM stated that only antenna platform will be allowed for Ch3! Not out the woods yet!

Edited by bangkok blue

Enjoy.

To change menu to English:

Press Menu on remote and punch in 0000 (passcode).

Assuming that menu is in Thai,

Scroll down to 4th item (or 2nd item from bottom) and press OK

Scroll down to 3rd item below 0% and press < or > on remote and press OK.

Language is set to English.

Thanks BV! Got menu changed with your much appreciated help.

Now just need to get through to GMM call centre to register - constantly engaged!!!!

+1 - thanks for all the help. The call centre number is not permanently engaged I reckon Bluebell - I have got thru this evening one time in 10. However you are then put on an advertising hold forever (if you here a long spiel with a reference to Lotus you know you are on that advertising/hold loop. There is also another message that cuts in apparently saying that they are sorry but they have a lot of customers trying to get through. I've probably wasted 100 baht already since 4pm, hanging on with my wife in attendance for translation.

Call centre is open 08:00 to 21:00 (per their website). They could start by contracting a bit of overtime!

I sense a cock up in the making (wonder if their sales budget was interfaced with their technical capacity budget?!), but I'll reserve judgment.

I'm not sure I would be celebrating the incursion of GMM into the True set-up - at least True have worked hard to get their system usable by English-speakers.

Hope the backlog clears before the Holland v Denmark game - I can live without the opener tomorrow night.

Edited by SantiSuk

Mr. Red. True have refused to respond to Grammy to share costs of rights so far, Channel 3 signed an agreement with Grammy to allow broadcasts on antenna only. True executive has said today they will show alternative programmes on Ch3 if/when screens go blank.

NBTC seem to be taking this seriously. Just wait and see.....

• Like 1

I dont see what there is to complain about re True. I'm no apologist for them, despite my other comment above, but surely you guys are not maintaining that a commercial TV provider has to broadcast a major sporting event that costs them money to do so. I have no contract with True that says they have to broadcast things I want them to broadcast. They are a profit-driven outfit, not a Public service broadcaster - and anyway, look where public service broadcasting has reached in that icon of public service broadcasting, the BBC, when it comes to football coverage.

The appropriate action is to withdraw your custom if you don't like their service. I would likely do that if some other reliable broadcaster aired such a comprehensive Premier League package. 1600 baht for their Gold package is expensive relative to other stuff in Thailand, but is cheaper than the equivalent Sky package in the UK and provides far more games shown live and repeated than does Sky. Personally I think their package has been good value for money, but much less so without the three (or is it two) other leagues next year. Looks like it will cost me 300 baht a month if I want to provide a varied diet of football next year. Wonder if True will reduce their package cost a bit; oh there goes that flying pig.

This was just posted at 8.10am today, can't remember which website I read it on though whistling.gif

'

The National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission has ordered TrueVisions to let its subscribers view the European football championship on free-TV channels via their set-top boxes. TrueVisions is duty bound to broadcast normal, over-the-air TV programmes without interruption under its terms of service and subscription advertisements, the NBTC's broadcasting committee said.

The committee held a five-hour meeting yesterday with representatives from local TV operators and TrueVisions to resolve the dispute between the cable operator and GMM Grammy, the Euro 2012 broadcast rights holder. "It's the duty of TrueVisions to comply with its terms of service to its customers by broadcasting normal free-TV programmes continuously," said Col Natee Sukolrat, chairman of the NBTC broadcasting committee.

The ruling came only a day before Euro 2012 kicks off. TrueVisions subscribers had expressed concern about whether they would be able to watch the matches, which will run from today until July 1. GMM Grammy, which holds the broadcast rights for Thailand from the Union of European Football Associations (Uefa), is promoting the matches through its satellite TV channel, which requires viewers to buy a dedicated 1,590-baht set-top box. Grammy has also leased airtime on channels 3, 5, and 9 to broadcast the football matches on a revenue-sharing basis. Grammy had previously said that TrueVisions, which did not enter into a broadcasting agreement with the company, has no right to air the matches for its subscribers and would have to black out all matches during game time.

Alternatively, viewers may see the games through Grammy's partners on channels 3, 5 or 9 via a conventional antenna.

Col Natee said TrueVisions subscribers could file complaints against TrueVisions if they are unable to see the matches on free TV stations. TrueVisions could also face fines ranging from 50,000 baht to 5 million baht a day if the firm is found guilty of violating the 2008 Broadcasting and Television Business Act, he added. Grammy meanwhile says it is bound by its contract with Uefa. "We have to strictly comply with all conditions and rules under the agreement. Otherwise we might breach those rights," Thana Thienachariya, chief executive of GMM Z, the satellite TV arm of GMM Grammy, said.

TrueVisions meanwhile insists that its advertising and contracts with its subscribers are legitimate.

Sompan Charumilinda, the executive vice-chairman of TrueVisions, said its contracts for its Gold and Platinum packages specifically state that free-TV broadcasting _ channels 3, 5, 7, 9 and Thai PBS _ was not TrueVisions' own content or channels.

"If the Euro football matches are aired on the three free-TV channels of 3, 5 and 9, we should get the signals as well. We won't hold talks with GMM Grammy, the official broadcast rights holder, to pay any fee," Mr Sompan said.

.... I have no contract with True that says they have to broadcast things I want them to broadcast. .......

OK - I was wrong. I did not know that True had a contract with government to broadcast everything that goes free to air.

All those Cambodians and Laotians must be rubbing their hands in glee. All us who paid 1,590 wasted our money. Grr TIT - what an &lt;deleted&gt; shambles.

We will be showing the Euro 2012 games on Thai Expat TV.

We have software players that can be downloaded instantly from the website, there is also a set top box solution.

Contact one of our members of staff today!

Cheers

Wes