Isaan Party?

raro

Isaan Party?  

399 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dear Isaan members,

we are thinking about having a party in Isaan sometimes this year, nothing fixed yet and at the moment rather thinking out loud than anything else.

As a first step, we like to know whether you are interested in such party at all and if so, where should we make it. Would you only attend if thee beer is free or would you be willing to pay/contribute as well?

Please let us know!

cheers

raro

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to go but maybe held back due to work commitments here in Australia.

Can I ask?, I`m not normally into fund raising but if there was to be a cover charge could some of it be donated to a charity on behalf of board member Blinky Bill. His kindness on this board should never be forgotten.

• Like 1

I voted "of course", but I do not live in Thailand and my attendance would depend on whether or not I happened to be in Thailand at the same time. That said, I'd love to attend.

Splendid idea - always up for a party!

We noticed that Sisaket (with it's modest farang population) was conspicuous by it's absence from the multi-choice party venue list..........clearly an unintended oversight.......

R.

• Like 2

I voted "of course", but I do not live in Thailand and my attendance would depend on whether or not I happened to be in Thailand at the same time. That said, I'd love to attend.

For me the same.

I certainly would attend the meeting and I hope it will be between second half of July an d the first half of August this year. After that time my daughter has to go to school in Holland again. And I have to return to Holland too, because I want to help her with Latin and Greek.

I believe a party with sponsers ........ would raise funds for entertainment and byo beer , maybe a sausage sizzle to raise funds for some charity would be easy to arrange.

You can put me down for a spell on the sausage sizzle stand we can bring a couple of charcoal bbqs too.

As for girls well .....the dancers are always good in Isaarn

A progressive party over a few days , so to include the major settlements of farangs rather than just one venue, thats my two bobs worth and good luck hope to see KK on the list .

• Like 1

Why not get one of the beer or spirit companies to sponsor, maybe 10 years ago 100 pipers sponsored very generously some events do not know if they still do, but worth a try

al007

A party is always good, Khon Kaen would seem the most suitable, it is the most central, the biggest (though Udon has more farangs) and I live there.

No free beer deals please, this is a party not a p*ss-up, a few baht for grub is okay.

Later in the year would be best, when it is cooler.

I live in Udon but would drive to Khon Kaen to attend. Korat is too far from here. But If you have the party in Udon I will pay for a band and dancing girls. Even a fat one or two if so requested.

• Like 2

I voted for Buriram because I live here; but, because of its location and its farang friendliness in terms of shops and facilities, I would agree this would probably be a better choice. Incidentally, for those who are not traveling by car, Maha Sarakham has good accomodations and the busses run every fifteen minutes to Khon Kaen until about 9:00 p.m.

Nong Khai or Udon Thani sounds good, I would be travelling from Pattaya. It would help a bit more if you had a future month mentioned for the meeting/party/pissup. It helps with the voting and gives members time to plan their trip and save their cash.

IMO maha sarakham / roiet would be good venues, central to everyone in isaan then so not too much travel required, almost all of the other locations are on the Thailand/Isaan border (although admittedly at least Khon Kaen has all major highways leading there, although bad luck if you live in ubon lol)

A more centralised locale would be practical, though the politics of a majority will usually win out.

There is a smaller crowd withing the farming section of TV that have done this - get together/collective gathering....albeit a smaller scale and more sub-regional.

No Way! Party = Drink = Thai's = drunken fighting idiots. I stay away from this type of party. Been to many and all end up with Thais fighting.

What about a vote for "NO!" Because I say no it does not mean I don't want to meet other Thai visa members.

Edited by remobb
  • Like 2

Definitely has to be centrally located. Maha Sarakham and Roi Et are the obvious choices and there's plenty of accommodation, although neither are on the list. What's the point of having it in Nong Khai right next to the river or anywhere the border is the next stop? That's not conducive to attracting people from all parts. FREE beer, don't pander to the piss heads! There's enough drunks on the roads without encouraging even more. You can have a good (better) time without them. I'll be happy to buy my own. By all means have a free or subsidised buffet as most people eat.

I trust this idea is not just aimed at single and unaccompanied members?

Why is it that it always has to be with booze? If you ever had a party without booze you might more and a better class of people. And you asked where? But you did not include Sakhon Nakhon or Nakhon Phanom.

I for one will not go because of these reasons.

• Like 2

I agree with a central issan location later in the year, maybe after the rainy season. Although it's a 'party' perhaps it would be possible to have someone speak on a topic of 'common interest' - visas, immigration dept, houses, etc, and of course, agree with a previous post, must have beer leo!

Subject to location being not too inconvenient I and TW would go. We already have Isaan Farrmers get-togethers, which have been worthwhile, but a gathering on a larger scale could be fun or could be disasterous, the only way to find out is to do it. I shall await the final decision with bated breath.

Edited by WormFarmer