Isaan Party?

raro

Isaan Party?  

399 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea and Khon Kaen is the place without doubt,but that is because i live here.

Some really top places to have a party and if you need any help on venues just ask,i know ones to suit smile.png

No Way! Party = Drink = Thai's = drunken fighting idiots. I stay away from this type of party. Been to many and all end up with Thais fighting.

What about a vote for "NO!" Because I say no it does not mean I don't want to meet other Thai visa members.

You mean the women?

Mud wrestling anyone.:P

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

I live in Udon but would drive to Khon Kaen to attend. Korat is too far from here. But If you have the party in Udon I will pay for a band and dancing girls. Even a fat one or two if so requested.

The stunningly beautiful, amazingly talented and awesomely smart Mrs NL and her half-wit hubby call Udon home. I havent voted on a location because we are up for a roadtrip; I think half the fun would be meeting new people in a NEW location rather than have a meeting where more than half the buggers 'live here' and maybe get all pontifical and lord it over the visitors once they get pished... like we do online!

Talking of entertainment, I managed to get Ja Turbo for Mrs NL's sixth 21st birthday party last year. Apart from her own comely charms, Ja comes with requisite dancing eye candy which is good stuff for the locals as well as the deprived and oppressed 'resident' foreigners. I am sure we all know the words by now... my 4 year-old lad does!

PS. Actually bumped into one of the 'guests' at last years bash at the Big-C checkout earlier today. He struck out trying to buy a bottle of Lao Khao at 10:30 am but I sorted it out with the checkout girl and met him downstairs and gave him his 'breakfast'.

I spend more time in Australia than Thailand ATM, although right now I'm back in Udon. I'm using an iPad so I can't see the poll questions, but:

1. Should timings work out, and I was here at the time,I'd attend

2. Khon Kaen is pretty central and I'd head there, or Udon, maybe even somewhere else in the near vicinity, if one exists

3. Free beer is good, but I'm not adverse to paying for it. Probably would be better if we I'd pay for it and keep the balloon chasers away lol

4. A feed would be mandatory if it was an extended party,or considering people may actually be traveling distances to get there, again I don't see a problem with paying for it, as long as its reasonable

5. As for entertainment, don't really see the point in that.i mean, people would be here to meet and talk, get to know each other. Kinda hard if there's a band or other loud noise going on

Talking of entertainment, I managed to get Ja Turbo for Mrs NL's sixth 21st birthday party last year. Apart from her own comely charms, Ja comes with requisite dancing eye candy which is good stuff for the locals as well as the deprived and oppressed 'resident' foreigners.

I have to ask, how much did that set you back, and how long did the show go for? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to lead the thread off topic

yes I have been partying for 40 years now and things have changed from the very formal setups that used to be the norm.

Sitting everyone at little tables is a good way of stopping people from mixing. Sticking the tables together, medieval style, encourages people to move around and sit elsewhere. Very simple, I have seen it countless times.

Someone should be in charge of things, answering questions and in an informal way leading people through the evening. (leading a sing song? maybe not these days), finding a way to get people to mix.

Booze: lovely. Paying 500 Baht all-in is very unfair, my wife for instance won't drink any at all, I understand that there may be Australians and Brits present? I can easily drink for 500 Baht.

Music yes, also possibility to dance. Not so loud that you can't chat up the ladies.

Any talent out there (not that kind)? Invite people to bring musical instruments, tell jokes...

I don't know what to say about the dreaded Karaoke

I couldn't believe my eye sight! Went to an optician to get my eyes checked today but there wasn't too much wrong with it.

How could you forget S I S A K E T??????

I'm living in Siket, working in Ubon, I'll see you soon guys. ( Grammar police can also join....)laugh.png

I agree with a central issan location later in the year, maybe after the rainy season. Although it's a 'party' perhaps it would be possible to have someone speak on a topic of 'common interest' - visas, immigration dept, houses, etc, and of course, agree with a previous post, must have beer leo!

Are you out of your mind, or from the wrong country? Should be beer LAO............( forgive me I'm Buddhist...) biggrin.png

IMO maha sarakham / roiet would be good venues, central to everyone in isaan then so not too much travel required, almost all of the other locations are on the Thailand/Isaan border (although admittedly at least Khon Kaen has all major highways leading there, although bad luck if you live in ubon lol)

yea that is a weird list of city choices in the poll, all on the fringe of Isaan.

Mahasarakham is just about in the center of Isaan, 3-4 hours from all edges. I live between Maha and Roiet and there is a massive pool complex across the 23 from our house with an Olympic size pool, huge kiddy pool, and picnic areas. Along with lots of beer and whiskey (and 100+ farangs in the area). That pool might be ideal because attendees could stay in Roiet (where there's a decent brothel), Maha (where there's a nice 4-star hotel), or the bungalow motel in our village (at 350 a night).

Oh Roiet also has an airport..

Well to me it should be somewhat central as Isaan is a big area. Much as I hate to say it Khon Kaen is a more likely choice, numerous hotels, main highways, Airport with daily flights and centrally located for most people. Think about someone in NKP going to Korat and the same for Korat to Udon, just to far.

I agree with a central issan location later in the year, maybe after the rainy season. Although it's a 'party' perhaps it would be possible to have someone speak on a topic of 'common interest' - visas, immigration dept, houses, etc, and of course, agree with a previous post, must have beer leo!

Invite khun Abhisit. I saw him speak at the Foreign Correspondents Club and it is clear that he needs to reach out to the rural vote in Isaan.

• Like 1

No Way! Party = Drink = Thai's = drunken fighting idiots. I stay away from this type of party. Been to many and all end up with Thais fighting.

What about a vote for "NO!" Because I say no it does not mean I don't want to meet other Thai visa members.

Why is it that it always has to be with booze? If you ever had a party without booze you might more and a better class of people. And you asked where? But you did not include Sakhon Nakhon or Nakhon Phanom.

I for one will not go because of these reasons.

U are so right, without stupid alkohol a party would make sense, for us farangs and thais, as soon as alkohol is involved it will go wrong! WASTE OF TIME AND EFFORT.

Alexmaniax, BKK

There's been 4 Isaan farmer gatherings, and a few beers haven't made them wrong!

All though I'm not much of a party guy or beer drinker, I'll go anytime,anywhere to meet some likeminded people - if the Singha is cold and readily available! biggrin.png

Why was eastern Issan left out of the chosen few there are 20 provinces in Notheastern Issan.Maybe only list places that have Airports so we can fly there.It is a 3 hour drive to most on the list.I would rather just fly down to Bangkok for a party.Charge for the beer good idea I don't drink beer any how.Both Sakhon Nakon and Nakhon Phanom have airports.My vote would be for Udon Thani.

With all the suggestions one factor has been overlooked......The venue needs to be near an Airport, IE, Udon or Nong Kai, as memebers from Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya or elswhere can then get there easily! It also needs a few decent Hotels.

With all the suggestions one factor has been overlooked......The venue needs to be near an Airport, IE, Udon or Nong Kai, as memebers from Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya or elswhere can then get there easily! It also needs a few decent Hotels.

Good point, but Udon and Nong Khai are NOT the only airports in Isaan. Maha Sarakham is just about the centroid of Isaan, but Roi Et, which is often referred to (locally at least) as the hub of Isaan because of it's central location with roads in all directions like the spokes of a wheel, also has an airport with daily morning flights and five (per week) evening flights to/from Bangkok. See attached map of Isaan. There are also many hotels and resorts in Roi Et and other entertainment spots as previously noted.

Map of Isaan.pdf

Edited by WormFarmer
  • Like 1

Good point, but Udon and Nong Khai are NOT the only airports in Isaan. Maha Sarakham is just about the centroid of Isaan, but Roi Et, which is often referred to (locally at least) as the hub of Isaan because of it's central location with roads in all directions like the spokes of a wheel, also has an airport with daily morning flights and five (per week) evening flights to/from Bangkok. See attached map of Isaan. There are also many hotels and resorts in Roi Et and other entertainment spots as previously noted.

Map of Isaan.pdf

yea i agree. what is the point of choosing a location of an Isaan party for the sake of non-Isaan farangs? If Phuket or BKK farangs want to have a party, start a thread. If you want to go to the Isaan party, then find a way to get there. i don't think the majority of the people attending this party will fly. it will be attended by the farangs that live within 1-2 hours of the location.

Isaan is a huge area with thousands of farangs. i think there should be more meetups in more localized areas. of course those already happen without the permission or notification of TV..

wow, what an overwhelming response! I added Roi Et, Mahasarakham and Si Saket to the poll, sorry for the omission!

Roi et is indeed pretty much in the geographic middle of Isaan, would you guys be willing to travel there? Or do we do it better in Khon Kaen as the majority (so far...) voted for it?

You can actually click "delete my vote" and vote again. Sorry for that, I am a Pattaya mod biggrin.png

Is there a way to keep the commenters who hate Thailand, Thai people, Thai culture and Thai customs from attending?

No worries, from my past experience participating at thaivisa parties, they do not dare to show B)

• Like 1

Map of Isaan.pdf

Agreed but Udon has far more flights than (say) Roi-et and so members can get better 'deals' and be more flexible + only another 15 mins flight time

Seems pretty obvious that Udon is the place.

The 3 highest votes with nearly 150 between them are :

Nong Khai 30

Udon 54

Khon Kaen 64

Being as how Udon in mid way between the 2 and has the best air connections for the rest of the country then Udon is the choice

A party is always good, Khon Kaen would seem the most suitable, it is the most central, the biggest (though Udon has more farangs) and I live there.

No free beer deals please, this is a party not a p*ss-up, a few baht for grub is okay.

Later in the year would be best, when it is cooler.

This is not a piss up..This is a party,,Party as in jelly and blancmange ???

anywhere is fine, but preferrably a city with ample accomodations for a party of alot...also, Leo beer...after all, it is the number 1 beer in easaan, outselling all others 2 to 1...

I agree with the above and would suggest that the potential volume of available accommodation should be one of the deciding factors when location is decided. Could it be better to have two venues one in east Isan and one in the west so travelling could be cut down and maybe more people would be interested.