Isaan Party?

raro

Isaan Party?  

399 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Seems pretty obvious that Udon is the place.

The 3 highest votes with nearly 150 between them are :

Nong Khai 30

Udon 54

Khon Kaen 64

Being as how Udon in mid way between the 2 and has the best air connections for the rest of the country then Udon is the choice

Going by your strategy with Korat at 39 votes would mean Khon kaen as the logical place wink.png

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah..just made a quick count. As of now 255 members voted and the total count for location is 285. So we have some members who are willing to travel, but it is not really the majority of you.

I'd like to encourage you to delete your vote and vote again and if you are living in say...Udon AND you are willing to go a bit out of your way, would a location in Nong Khai or Khon Kaen be ok for you? Then you give obviously your "competition" a vote but hey, lets be a bit flexible!

• Like 1

Is there a way to keep the commenters who hate Thailand, Thai people, Thai culture and Thai customs from attending?

If this is the case, no one would be there...wink.png

• Like 1

I'd probably stop in if it was in Khon Kaen. I can't see myself traveling anywhere for a party though.

No free booze, and everyone should definitely buy their own. Some people don't drink, and others drink enough for 8 people, so it's only fair if everyone buys their own. If there's enough people, maybe cater it, and have a ticket system for drinks. Buy your tickets from the main desk, and trade them in for drinks. Makes things easier on the staff that way.

Then maybe 500 baht entrance, and a nice spread of finger food, or even a buffet of sorts. Also agree with trying to get everyone together. Not just a bunch of separate tables where everyone hangs around with their friends and people they know all night. But do what you can to get everyone involved with each other.

Edited by cdnmatt

Why is it that it always has to be with booze? If you ever had a party without booze you might more and a better class of people. And you asked where? But you did not include Sakhon Nakhon or Nakhon Phanom.

I for one will not go because of these reasons.

I am not sure that you will be issed.

A party without booze ? How selfish can you get ?

A party WITH booze for those who want it, and those who don't abstaining sounds about right to me.

I'd like to encourage you to delete your vote and vote again and if you are living in say...Udon AND you are willing to go a bit out of your way, would a location in Nong Khai or Khon Kaen be ok for you?

Raro, members living in Udon Thani really would not be going out of their way going to Nong Khai as it is the next province north and only a 35 minute drive. Maybe you meant Ubon Rachathani instead of Udon Thani?

Personally for me and the dragon, free alcohol or any alcohol for that matter is more of a negative for attending because we don't drink---not that drinkers are bad---we just prefer to be in alcohol free environments.

Exceptions of course apply and if it is held more than an hours drive from Nakhon Rachasima (Khorat) then most likely we will just read about the TV party on line.

Cheers

Edited by just_another_guy

IMO maha sarakham / roiet would be good venues, central to everyone in isaan then so not too much travel required, almost all of the other locations are on the Thailand/Isaan border (although admittedly at least Khon Kaen has all major highways leading there, although bad luck if you live in ubon lol)

yea that is a weird list of city choices in the poll, all on the fringe of Isaan.

Mahasarakham is just about in the center of Isaan, 3-4 hours from all edges. I live between Maha and Roiet and there is a massive pool complex across the 23 from our house with an Olympic size pool, huge kiddy pool, and picnic areas. Along with lots of beer and whiskey (and 100+ farangs in the area). That pool might be ideal because attendees could stay in Roiet (where there's a decent brothel), Maha (where there's a nice 4-star hotel), or the bungalow motel in our village (at 350 a night).

Oh Roiet also has an airport..

I voted for Udon because I live there and there's a wide variety of rooms/prices and for the ease of access via air but doubt that many would fly up for a party. I also voted for Roiet because of the great sales pitch above with the place that has pool, play areas and accommodation... and a brothel. I would happily travel to KK or Korat so pretty much everywhere is an easy drive from Udon. We could also car pool and those with pickups could even do the Isaan Charabang style trip no?

I could look up my old gf in Maha, or my masseuse in Kalasin or my ladyboy in Sisaket.

How about the voice of Loei?

• Like 1

The main criteria should be the FOOD no matter where you have it, Booze is everywhere but decent food, meaning western food is hard to come by. How about a suggestion on Venue's that can cater for a large group of Foreigners. I don't fancy driving 100's of K's to eat sundried pork or something and it depends on how large the group would be. If in KK the Pullman could handle it. Give this some thought.

Food is certainly a major issue to look into. Once we've selected the city (with Udon now heading the race), we can start thinking about the place we host the event.

A foodlover myself, I believe we should not go to fancy as Pullman, but some decent farang food should be on the menu.

Another question I omitted was....would you prefer a boys night out? Bring the wife? The kids?

Your input please!

I'd like to encourage you to delete your vote and vote again and if you are living in say...Udon AND you are willing to go a bit out of your way, would a location in Nong Khai or Khon Kaen be ok for you?

Raro, members living in Udon Thani really would not be going out of their way going to Nong Khai as it is the next province north and only a 35 minute drive. Maybe you meant Ubon Rachathani instead of Udon Thani?

Personally for me and the dragon, free alcohol or any alcohol for that matter is more of a negative for attending because we don't drink---not that drinkers are bad---we just prefer to be in alcohol free environments.

Exceptions of course apply and if it is held more than an hours drive from Nakhon Rachasima (Khorat) then most likely we will just read about the TV party on line.

Cheers

Are you seriously suggesting a PARTY with no alcohol at all.. ?? You non drinkers are sounding worse than the 'i've given up smoking' brigade.

I think parties are not your thing, maybe just have a read about it online and rejoice how you managed to stay away from a fun time meeting lots of new friends (as I have attended many of these gatherings I am qualified to say this will happen).

Nothing personal, it's not that non drinkers are bad (although someone once said to me "never trust a man who doesn't drink"), it's just I like to have a drink and a chat without being looked at disapprovingly.

Nong Khai should not even be in the running, It is not acceptable to expect those in Surin/Buriram/Korat to travel that far, for me Khon Kaen is the obvious choice, maybe Sarakham.

Totster :D

There will certainly alcohol be served. No one will be forced to drink it as there will be also non-alcoholic beverages on the menu. this is a free world and your choice. B)

• Like 1

Food is certainly a major issue to look into. Once we've selected the city (with Udon now heading the race), we can start thinking about the place we host the event.

A foodlover myself, I believe we should not go to fancy as Pullman, but some decent farang food should be on the menu.

Another question I omitted was....would you prefer a boys night out? Bring the wife? The kids?

Your input please!

Udon heading the race? are you seeing a different voting score than i am raro?

I voted for Ubon of course. With Sisaket and Surin as my other choices.

If Mugdahan was on the list it would of been another choice.

Most of the others are just to long a trip for me.

Khon Kaen could be another one if it's a weekend pary. We could make a family trip out of it. NCA has good buses from Ubon to there.

Edited by ubonjoe

Your input please!

ooops, it is KK indeed with Udon a close second.

the party will be on a weekend for sure!

Your input please!

I don't see why it can't be both. Those who want to, can; those who want to play, leave her at home. I personally would be bringing my wife, but I don't care if others want to have a but of fun

Your input please!

ooops, it is KK indeed with Udon a close second.

the party will be on a weekend for sure!

But with Udon being in the middle of NK and KK (and the 3 of them with half the votes) then Udon is the obvious choice ?

Splendid idea - always up for a party!

We noticed that Sisaket (with it's modest farang population) was conspicuous by it's absence from the multi-choice party venue list..........clearly an unintended oversight.......

R.

Same with Nong Bua Lam Pugh

We noticed that Sisaket (with it's modest farang population) was conspicuous by it's absence from the multi-choice party venue list..........clearly an unintended oversight.......

R.

Here we go, the pissing competition has started smile.png

R.

Here we go, the pissing competition has started smile.png

Indeed. Can't please everyone.

No contest just another suggestion.

Fair comment - there are many choices and the Falang population in rural areas continues to expand.

Nevertheless, a centrally located, major conurbation would seem favourite - especially where the road network is a factor,.

• Like 2

Fair comment - there are many choices and the Falang population in rural areas continues to expand.

Nevertheless, a centrally located, major conurbation would seem favourite - especially where the road network is a factor,.

I often considered Prakhon Chai, Buriram to be the perfect local and setting....

• Like 1

I often considered Prakhon Chai, Buriram to be the perfect local and setting....

Sound judgement Jeff but, to be fair, you are probably the last person on Thai Visa that would attend a Farang gathering !!

Edited by cardholder

Sound judgement Jeff but, to be fair, you are probably the last person on Thai Visa that would attend a Farang gathering !!

Wow, have l found a friend. giggle.gif

Before the pissing contest gets to heavy, I would recommend that all votes be annuled and new votes cast where voters CANNOT vote for their own home base but vote instead for their 'next best' choice. That way the obvious weighting of the scores based purely on where the most foreigners reside AND their unwillingness to travel will be countered by a much more meaningful vote for a popular and unbiased venue... by the half-dozen or so that can be arsed to travel outside their own moobahn.