Isaan Party?

raro

Isaan Party?  

399 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Before the pissing contest gets to heavy, I would recommend that all votes be annuled and new votes cast where voters CANNOT vote for their own home base but vote instead for their 'next best' choice. That way the obvious weighting of the scores based purely on where the most foreigners reside AND their unwillingness to travel will be countered by a much more meaningful vote for a popular and unbiased venue... by the half-dozen or so that can be arsed to travel outside their own moobahn.

Obviously the affair would need to be somewhere central. It would have been more sensible to narrow the choice to Khon Kaen, Surin or Buriram. .

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No contest just another suggestion.

Fair comment - there are many choices and the Falang population in rural areas continues to expand.

Nevertheless, a centrally located, major conurbation would seem favourite - especially where the road network is a factor,.

I often considered Prakhon Chai, Buriram to be the perfect local and setting....

ha ha so now I know who you are , mate!

No contest just another suggestion.

Fair comment - there are many choices and the Falang population in rural areas continues to expand.

Nevertheless, a centrally located, major conurbation would seem favourite - especially where the road network is a factor,.

I often considered Prakhon Chai, Buriram to be the perfect local and setting....

ha ha so now I know who you are , mate!

I'm sure you do....rolleyes.gif

If some more people than just 12 (as of now) would vote for this wonderfully centrally located Roi Et, I would be happy to pick it. But sofar i see KK leading the race and Udon is still a very close second.

Now which scenario brings more people to the party...

1) Party in Udon, people travel from Nong Kai and KK, but only a few from Korat, Buriram and Surin

2) Party in KK, people travel from Udon, less from NK but more from Korat, Buriram and Surin

I would put my money on 1) but what do you guys think?

If some more people than just 12 (as of now) would vote for this wonderfully centrally located Roi Et, I would be happy to pick it. But sofar i see KK leading the race and Udon is still a very close second.

1) Party in Udon, people travel from Nong Kai and KK, but only a few from Korat, Buriram and Surin

2) Party in KK, people travel from Udon, less from NK but more from Korat, Buriram and Surin

(followed by 1)

Edited by cardholder

Not trying to be argumentative raro but if the top 3 at present are KK Udon and then Korat with Surin fouth by the members vote why are you leaning yourself for Udon,do you have family there? tongue.png

It is obviously Khon Kaen is it not.

Edited by MrRed
  • Like 1

I think you are quite correct - #1

There are seven cities listed. Why not start at Nong Khai on Monday and work your way down.

Splendid idea, give us a chance to meet our neighbours. Anyhow, you will not have a chance to get to know more than about 20 people in an evening.

Edited by mackes

One could make a perfectly good argument as to a more centrally geographical locale would be logical and fair....but than again, one has to take into account the more democratic value of majority. Clearly, the greater percentage of Farang density is in the northern sectors.

One could make a perfectly good argument as to a more centrally geographical locale would be logical and fair....but than again, one has to take into account the more democratic value of majority. Clearly, the greater percentage of Farang density is in the northern sectors.

That is assuming, of course, that the density you refer to is reflected in a willingness/desire to attend. There could be significant minority in, say, Buriram who wanted to attend whilst the dense majority in Khon Kaen may not.

(170 positive votes from almost 4,000 views)

Edited by cardholder

Exactly Smokes

reading these posts I have gone off the idea, I can get pissed at home and have a shouting match with my wife any time.

Why when you go to Party's do you often have arguments with your wife? In that case best stay home i agree smile.png

Edited by MrRed
  • Like 1

How about 30 seconds in the dentists chair upon entering the venue?

Also, will it be possible to find a venue with a KFC nearby for the non drinkers to have their own jolly ol knees up?

You are only thinking about the fish fingers !!

reading these posts I have gone off the idea, I can get pissed at home and have a shouting match with my wife any time.

Exactly Smokes

Why when you go to Party's do you often have arguments with your wife? In that case best stay home i agree smile.png

well I never shout at my wife or anybody else for that matter.Thai visa members seem to spend most of their time descending into personal critisism of each other instead of sticking to the topic. I think I'll take the village kids to the elephant village like I did last year, I think that'll be more fun (and maybe less expensive)

Exactly Smokes

well I never shout at my wife or anybody else for that matter.Thai visa members seem to spend most of their time descending into personal critisism of each other instead of sticking to the topic. I think I'll take the village kids to the elephant village like I did last year, I think that'll be more fun (and maybe less expensive)

It's called banter...

totster :D

I you think the criticism is bad here wait until you meet up in reality tongue.png at the end of the day it is a forum and if you take it seriously it will make you crazy,it is the internet!

The people i have met and socialized with have all become friends and the banter on the forum is genuine and in most scenarios adds to when you meet especially if it is someone you don't necessarily agree with or even have had a few tasty sentences with.

All good fun and should be never more than that until you actually get to know the people really.

• Like 1

It looks like KK is winning by 10 votes over Udon at the moment. My vote can be added since there's no chance of Ubon winning. If it is at a location near a good hotel it would be helpful if TV could get us a discount rate.

How about 30 seconds in the dentists chair upon entering the venue?

Also, will it be possible to find a venue with a KFC nearby for the non drinkers to have their own jolly ol knees up?

Weren't you aware, Lukey?

KFC has long been banned at any TV functions.

You might save your KFC lust for those wonderful Surin piss-ups.rolleyes.gif

KFC. That's disgusting.

• Like 1

You might save your KFC lust for those wonderful Surin piss-ups.rolleyes.gif

KFC. That's disgusting.

Tell that to the millions of Thais who queue up everyday to enjoy their pseudo-Western food.

Gotta agree Cardholder and zzaa09, every time I pass by KFC (literally pass by, I don't eat/like their pseudo western food), the place is full of Thais happily eating, and a few farang as well. Nothing there for me.

mario299

OP should just put his foot down and make the choice himself. Trying to accommodate about 20 provinces is a little difficult.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Yep, I also think we had enough opinions and the poll has shown that KK is the place to host it.

Thank you all a lot for your great feedback and interest in this event!

Next is the location. I am not really familiar with KK and would need again your support. So please plug your favourite place so that I can have a talk with them. This place should feature:

• Food
  • Drinks
  • Hotel nearby (or chose a hotel as party ground?)
  • Parking
  • able to accommodate around 100 people. Ideal would be a place that can be shrunk or extended depending on the number of people coming without making it over crowded or looking empty.

Pleased to hear! B)

OP should just put his foot down and make the choice himself. Trying to accommodate about 20 provinces is a little difficult.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Yep, I also think we had enough opinions and the poll has shown that KK is the place to host it.

Thank you all a lot for your great feedback and interest in this event!

Next is the location. I am not really familiar with KK and would need again your support. So please plug your favourite place so that I can have a talk with them. This place should feature:

• Food
  • Drinks
  • Hotel nearby (or chose a hotel as party ground?)
  • Parking
  • able to accommodate around 100 people. Ideal would be a place that can be shrunk or extended depending on the number of people coming without making it over crowded or looking empty.

Pleased to hear! B)

Well as it seems that this function is connected to Thaivisa i hope you set some ground rules as to a dress code etc as a large gathering of Foreigners creates a lot of interest and creating a good impression is imperative i believe. NO Shorts, Singlets and Thongs for example. A Quality Venu is a must with good food and the right Music. I'm 250k's from KK and don't know the city very well but isn't there a large Bar or Mini Brewery below the Pullman Hotel or something in that area which is central to quite a few hotels. The KK members are the best to put forward suggestions as they know the city. I hope it all comes together and a great evening is had by all.