Problems With My Thai Girlfriend

AngelofDeath

Troll??

If not a troll, then for gods sake run from this girl.

When you're a similar age, good thai girls will look for similar qualities that western women look for. Financial stability is of course still important, eg no retiring at 30 and expecting to live off her income. But so long as you have around 20-30k+ a month, so that you can provide for a family it should be fine, although of course more is always better

If she really wants more than that (30k is about the equivalent of a Thai guy in isaan with a doctorate in a good job), then she's aiming very high indeed and must be super duper hot lol

i may not be looking for a money grubber, but i certainly don't want an under-acheiver either. I have never even dated a woman in Thailand who made less than 30k.

Troll??

If not a troll, then for gods sake run from this girl.

When you're a similar age, good thai girls will look for similar qualities that western women look for. Financial stability is of course still important, eg no retiring at 30 and expecting to live off her income. But so long as you have around 20-30k+ a month, so that you can provide for a family it should be fine, although of course more is always better

If she really wants more than that (30k is about the equivalent of a Thai guy in isaan with a doctorate in a good job), then she's aiming very high indeed and must be super duper hot lol

i may not be looking for a money grubber, but i certainly don't want an under-acheiver either. I have never even dated a woman in Thailand who made less than 30k.

it also costs almost that much annually to send my kid to school. so much for providing for the family.

I agree, all my go-go dancers have been earning in the 60-100k a month.

(Only kiddinn' never been with a go-go dancer)

Dear AngelofDeath.

I'm now pretending that you're not trolling. The only reason a Thai woman would choose a farang instead of a Thai male for marriage is money. If they would choose between a Farang and a Thai with equal wealth, they would choose the Thai guy 99% of the time. 'Love' has nothing to do with this.

Reading your OP, suggest to me that you have not met the odd 1% of the women. As she is working and earning 10K/month, tell her that you'll give her this money if she stops to work (if you want her sitting around the house all day). If she wants more than this, well, then you know she don't want to stay with you for 'love'.

This is my honesty read op, at least worth considering.

A lot of times women will fire off some very strange bullets after they have been together for a while, and serious (as in life long) feelings are about to come into play for them. Assuming i'm right, she's reading you and your reaction, with the overall objective being she is seeing if you take off or stick with it. Knowing that you will stick with it makes her feel more secure concerning things that may happen in the future. Perhaps not getting all that stuff she wants actually would not be a deal breaker for her, but your potential reaction to it may be. It all comes down to the vibe you get.

Dear AngelofDeath.

I'm now pretending that you're not trolling. The only reason a Thai woman would choose a farang instead of a Thai male for marriage is money. If they would choose between a Farang and a Thai with equal wealth, they would choose the Thai guy 99% of the time. 'Love' has nothing to do with this.

Reading your OP, suggest to me that you have not met the odd 1% of the women. As she is working and earning 10K/month, tell her that you'll give her this money if she stops to work (if you want her sitting around the house all day). If she wants more than this, well, then you know she don't want to stay with you for 'love'.

Semper ... what has happened?

More then a one liner?

The OP has had an effect on you!

Do we presume that normal service will be resumed as soon as possible?

• Like 1

Dear AngelofDeath.

So finally I belong to the 1% biggrin.png

Come on, there are even women in Thailand who marry westerner with less wealth and status.

I've got another thai girlfriend after the breakup with my previous thai girlfriend. I've known my current thai girlfriend for more than 1 year

But according to your other topic that you posted in July last year, about your last girlfriend going to marry her relative and you were still with her at that time. Looks like you have more of a problem than you think ... even counting above 10 is beyond you!

Are you for real!

• Like 2

The only reason a Thai woman would choose a farang instead of a Thai male for marriage is money.

Allow me . . . The only reason a Thai woman would choose a corpulent, balding and socially-awkward farang of pensionable age instead of a Thai male for marriage is money

Thanks for listening

• Like 1

Just another typical Thai b*tch. Sorry to say that but it's the truth. No point carry on longer if you really fulfill her request within her time frame otherwise be prepare to get ditch. This kind of shit will only find the "millionaires".

"Her expectations:

• I have to build 2 houses in her province, one for her parents and another for ourself. (I looked around in the Issan forum and I figured that it would cost around 3-4 million bahts for 2 houses,)
  • A decent car to travel (600K baht?)
  • Buy a condominium in Bangkok (1-2million baht)
  • She wants to own a shop selling stuff. (I don't know what kind of stuff yet, and I don't know how much it will cost, probably 5 million baht?)"

She's not totally evil and a gold-digger,at least she's planning to leave you your own condo in Bangkok to ask yourself where did it all go wrong(a la George Best)!

Once she dumps you after 2 years,probably to the day.Then moves in with her real boyfriend,for them to run her nice little business,with her parents relaxing in their own house and she in your love nest with him!

She has talent,maybe an event management company would be the one to set up for her?

best thing to do is just keep <Snip!> her while its still free ,nail her til it hurts ...........and then some !

let her know this is going to expected by you (normal ) ,morning ,noon and night and more on weekends

When it hurts her to walk even a few metres ,you know your plan is working so keep going .....Furiously

She will throw in the towel ,long before the 2 years is up if its done properly and you wont have to buy any houses wink.png

Edited by metisdead

There are plenty of gullible women out there OP...I suggest you find one of those. You will be happier in the long run.

There must be many of them...just look at the number of gullible men out there....surely there must be as many women right?

I actually think she's trying to show you the door "politely". She assumes nobody in their right mind would even consider such terms. But you don't seem to be getting the message. What does she have to do, take a knife to you? Every single minute you spend with this one is a wasted hour. Move on. That's all. Just move on.

Wow....... Your about to take it so far and hard in the arse I don't know where to begin!

Sounds like you are already on the way to becoming a little bitchy bitch.

I would disappear before you don't lose the rest of your mind a long with your possessions.

Not meaning to be to harsh.....But if this is true and your not running away from her, than i beleive you are pathetic......Your in your mid twenties and if you think this is reasonable ...Dont get married and take some time to grow up......she wants you to put 13 miliion baht worth of goods in her name .....which you have no rights to....thats over $400,000 u.s. dollars....But like they say " a fool and there money has the right to be parted"

Dear All .....please refer to a previous thread this guy started last year....

http://www.thaivisa....the-bridegroom/

Hes pulling the piss on here............someone shut his account down...

I also alerted people to his previous threads (almost identical) but it went over thier heads. Now I have been just stting back and laughing as people try to council him. I bet the O.P has fallen off his chair laughing at everyone.

The main problem in this thread is the OP stated he is in his mid 20's and this forum is mostly populated by 60+ pensioners.

Obviously their comments refer to the experience of a "mature" person dating a much younger lady.

Maybe TV should set up a section for seniors and one for younger people ?

Common sense has nothing to do with age. You either have it or you do not.

A 20 year old idiot is no less an idiot than a 60 year old idiot. A young fool listening to the demands of this type of woman is no less a fool than an older person doing the same.

Yes maturity shows because many of us have been there and done that.

You might expect a 20 year old to succumb to such demands, or attempt to anyway for the sake of "love". A 60 year old should know better after having 3X the life experience.

cant believe how many people did not realize this is a troll.

Perhaps. If not, then he's demonstrating yet again that when it comes to certain Thai women, it matters not whether you're an old farang, or a young farang. Same same, only the names change.

Can you imagine the reaction from the same 20+ year old if he were in his home country and his farang GF made these types of demands? He would probably pop his clogs from laughing so hard, yet in Thailand it is considered acceptable.

To give an added perspective, I've had a few GFs here who were never happier than when I had NO money. As they thought that since I couldn't afford to go out other women wouldn't be able to see me and steal me away.

If your woman just wants you to stay home all the time so she can cook all day to feed you up to get you fat so other women won't want you, then its probably genuine love.

I've had a few like this and I'm nothing special, so they're not impossible to find.

Is your nickname "tripod" by chance?

Dear All .....please refer to a previous thread this guy started last year....

http://www.thaivisa....the-bridegroom/

Hes pulling the piss on here............someone shut his account down...

I also alerted people to his previous threads (almost identical) but it went over thier heads. Now I have been just stting back and laughing as people try to council him. I bet the O.P has fallen off his chair laughing at everyone.

its amazing.............OMG......i dont know who is worse right now...........but im starting to think the people who continue to comment on this just might be lol

I can't see any positive replies at all? She's a very nice lady and she will be a very good wife. She said in her culture, the boyfriend pays for everything. I tried explaining to her that sometimes we can go dutch when we go out for meals. But she said if the boyfriend doesn't pay for the girlfriend, then what's the point of being a boyfriend to a thai lady.

OK, I bite . . .

Seems you need to learn some of Thai culture or maybe Issan culture may be the case

The Girl or Daughter is expected to help support the parents.

Your figures seem wrong . . . .

Her expectations:

• I have to build 2 houses in her province, one for her parents and another for ourself. (I looked around in the Issan forum and I figured that it would cost around 3-4 million bahts for 2 houses,)
    I know of NO families that don't have some sort of home and land in issan area. Maybe it needs fixing up. But all new everything, NO. They may evenhave land for you to build on, if you want to live next door. My inlaws like their life style and would not like the seme western style of home I would like. My guess is 500,000 - 2 Million Baht depending on your taste.
  • A decent car to travel (600K baht?)
    I got a wonderful new car for less than 400,000 Bt. Decent used ones if you look can be had for 100,000 Bt + A truck my be the best answer out that way
  • Buy a condominium in Bangkok (1-2million baht)
    For what ? The few days a year you visit or go shopping ? As an investment or money pit ? Core BKK Condos are more than that. 1 I am looking at, 15 minutes from the airport is just under 200,000 Bt. Yes It will need 100,000 of upgrades to make it like I want but Condos can be found for that.
  • She wants to own a shop selling stuff. (I don't know what kind of stuff yet, and I don't know how much it will cost, probably 5 million baht?) Do it the Thai way. Set up a tent at the market or street corner. I have had several friends do that for a few thousand Baht not the millions you talk about. And if it is near your home, that is paid for I assume, Doesn;t have to be much or do much just keep her busy

With my wife, we got married, truly, and no Buddha wedding no sin sod. Tell her you will do a prenup car, condo, and homes in your name or company name. See what see does. There are some truly wonderful women out there, I don't know your GF so I won't say. I also know some Non Bar girls who lived, worked and were around Bar girls too long in Pattaya who have strange ideas. Yes a few girls get their dreams like that, but most is talk and nothing more

Good luck to you

A lot of times women will fire off some very strange bullets after they have been together for a while, and serious (as in life long) feelings are about to come into play for them. Assuming i'm right, she's reading you and your reaction, with the overall objective being she is seeing if you take off or stick with it. Knowing that you will stick with it makes her feel more secure concerning things that may happen in the future. Perhaps not getting all that stuff she wants actually would not be a deal breaker for her, but your potential reaction to it may be. It all comes down to the vibe you get.

I don't buy this, but playing along, what's the "proper" reaction from her POV?

A OK darling, I can't make any promises, but I will try my best - and then proceed to be as rat-race money-grubbing traditional bread-winner ambitious as possible.

or

B You must be joking bitch you're lucky to have me and are an idiot to make such outrageous demands. Stay with me because you love me, if the money is that important to you then you may as well piss off right now.

?

I actually think she's trying to show you the door "politely". She assumes nobody in their right mind would even consider such terms. But you don't seem to be getting the message. What does she have to do, take a knife to you? Every single minute you spend with this one is a wasted hour. Move on. That's all. Just move on.

As I posted earlier, I think this is much more likely the case. She has judged that the guy isn't going to carry her up the ladder of economic success quickly enough and is prepared to walk. But just in case he shows he's willing to be a rat-race slave to her ambition, or maybe even has a secret trust fund he hasn't told her about, she's giving him one last chance to prove her wrong.

She's already got one foot out the door or she wouldn't be so offensively brazen. And this way she can tell her friends and family that "he just didn't love her enough" and save face rather than just simply leaving him.

There are plenty of gullible women out there OP...I suggest you find one of those. You will be happier in the long run.

Actually I think sex-obsessed farang men are much easier to gull than most Thai girls with any level of coaching and experience, unless you've got enough money to pretend that you're really rich and are looking to sucker them that way - and I still think that's not the cheapest way to get what you're after, unless you've got a preference for white-skinned well-educated English-spoken Thai-Chinese (pretty weird fetish if you ask me).

However even if you find the gullible ones - and I certainly come across them out in the sticks - it's just as easy to get what you want if you're honest, and IMO that pays off much better in the long run. Or don't you believe in karma?

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK