Pattaya Is Thailand’s Role Model

Rimmer

Funny thing is Pattaya always gets bashed, yet its jammed packed every weekend.

Pattaya in fact does have more to offer if one bothers to look.

Of course if you travel here and stay near Walking St or Soi Buakhao, all you see is the red light district, HOWEVER

Pattaya DOES have everything for everyone, just need to open your eyes and move away from the certain areas

Such as ?

Beaches, parks, zoo's, shows, shopping, nature, tracks and the list goes on

• Like 1

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course if you travel here and stay near Walking St or Soi Buakhao, all you see is the red light district, HOWEVER

Pattaya DOES have everything for everyone, just need to open your eyes and move away from the certain areas

"everything for everyone"??????????????????????????

Does it have an opera house or a symphony orchestra?

(Mind you, in fairness, you could ask that question of the whole of Thailand. And, btw, how come Japan, Korea and China manage to supply some of the best classical (western) musicians in the whole world, while Thailand has scarcely even heard of Beethoven (or Hitler for that matter)?

I am assuming you are trying to joke, but will give it a serious answer.

Please name a city in Thailand which has opera house????

Also please name a city or place in Thailand which host's its own well known symphony orchestra?

PS, The topic is about Thailand, within Thailand, it is not about what China or Japan has, i am sure Vienna has great symphony orchestra and Sydney has a stunning one, but the discussion is NOT what other countries have or produced

Edited by phl

No moral judgement on Pattaya, but it msut be a bit difficult for executives to stand up and explain at a shareholders' meeting why they held their work outing in Pattaya? Or tell all their executives they have to go and tell their wives that they're going to Pattaya for a company function.

At least Bangkok or Phuket the stigma and associations in people's minds isn't as bad.

I'm too old to care, but in the past I would actually lie to people who asked me where I was going to spend the winter....I would say, Paris or Seville or some place in Mexico....simply because Thailand (not just Pattaya) is so strongly associated with Sex with a capital ess. It's interesting to be on a dating site in the west and to tell some woman who has approached one that one is living in Thailand.

The reply is polite and refers to all that "amazing Thailand BS", but you will never again (thank God and the Mayor of Pattaya) hear from these shocked Western oldies.

• Like 1

Why a joke ? ...what is being praised is the infrastructure and facilities put in place by the pros that bring in MICE visitors...

Yes it is a complete joke. I will admit one thing…someone really does know how to bring all types of events to this town. It seems there is an event every other weekend. For instance we just had a “Music Festival” and it brought the entire road system infrastructure (haha) to a complete halt.

Some idiot came up with the idea to turn major streets into one-way streets to the point that it caused people to stay on the road 5 times longer just to figure out how to get to where they were going. This city is a living hell when events come to town and even worse when that idiot jumps up and decides to close down Pattaya Tai to be one-way probably because Beach Road has been closed.

My friend was trying to go back to his hotel and must have tried 3-4 different ways to get there only to find out every single way was blocked. He had to end up running a blockade on Soi 8 because it only had 3 useless police instead of the 8 useless bodies that were on Soi 7. Are you telling me they couldn’t block all the side sois at a point much closer to Beach Raod instead of right at 2nd road…come on.

The city holds all these events, IMO, to bring in money so they can spend millions and millions of baht on useless projects like high-tech crosswalks that very few people use and even fewer drivers pay attention to or the old standby...to line official’s pockets with tea money or both.

There are better solutions out there, but the idiots in this town are incapable of an original thought that actually works. One solution is to actually enforce traffic laws I believe must be on the books, but are completely ignored such as double-parking on major thoroughfares or worse yet on streets barely wide enough for two small cars… thanks goodness for the motorbike.

…and on and on and on…

• Like 1

I heard the other day, that Pattaya are going to have the fast train from Swampy and they are going to widen the sidewalks and they are going to put all the power, cable and phone lines underground. They are going to have new Metered taxis that use the meter, they are going to get rid of the ladyboys at the North end, they are going to stop the Jet Ski scams..crazy.gif What for it's a model city already, dont change it.cheesy.gif

"everything for everyone"??????????????????????????

Does it have an opera house or a symphony orchestra?

(Mind you, in fairness, you could ask that question of the whole of Thailand. And, btw, how come Japan, Korea and China manage to supply some of the best classical (western) musicians in the whole world, while Thailand has scarcely even heard of Beethoven (or Hitler for that matter)?

I am assuming you are trying to joke, but will give it a serious answer.

Please name a city in Thailand which has opera house????

Also please name a city or place in Thailand which host's its own well known symphony orchestra?

PS, The topic is about Thailand, within Thailand, it is not about what China or Japan has, i am sure Vienna has great symphony orchestra and Sydney has a stunning one, but the discussion is NOT what other countries have or produced

Oh dear, that's precisely what I was saying: where in the whole of Thailand do you get things like opera houses (answer: nowhere) and why not? Why is Thailand so ignorant of the outside world? (Another thread or topic, granted, but not entirely off topic here, I would submit.)

But the poster was saying, Pattaya has "everything for everyone", which it patently doesn't.

• Like 2

"Pattaya and Chonburi were identified offering sex distinct types of activity ranging from cheap sex adventure tourism to luxury tourism products with third genders." coffee1.gif

Does this mean that the rest of Thailand will become as much of a "rip-off" community as Pattaya?

I live in Bangkok, speak Thai and travel to Pattaya (at most) once a year.

All I see and hear from many Thais that live/work there is ways to get more money

out of the farangs. Over the decades, I have seen Thai society grow progressively

"money-centered" and noticeably "less friendly" towards farangs. I hope the rest of Thailand doesn't follow Pattaya's example and become a destination to go to just scam international guests.

Never more true words spoken
  • Like 1

In reply to Blazes (Post #24).

And, btw, how come Japan, Korea and China manage to supply some of the best classical (western) musicians in the whole world, while Thailand has scarcely even heard of Beethoven (or Hitler for that matter)?

I was under the impression that Vanessa Mae was half Thai, half Chinese.

Can you play violin as well as her, and bring an interest in classical music to the younger generation?

I wish I could.

Play on, play on VM! (Especially the Thai half).

Such as ?

Elephant farm, crocodile farm, million year stone park, flooding marked, Golf, Nong Nuch Tropical gardens, island trip to name a few ;)

• Like 1

Actually, I can not say this applies to Pattaya,

But I did notice some posts as to whether Thailand has an Orchestra.... well yes they do.... I would think that they play classics of their culture, as perhaps the western world has Bach.... But actually they are quite entertaining...

Yes, their instruments are from in Country which I like, but the real purpose is, the discipline it takes to Orchestrate?

To play music, and it does have a conductor, that leads them.... You may not find this in Pattaya, but you will find it in other parts of the Country. But I will put this forward to many, it is amazing to see it live!

I have never had a problem with their music, because I didn't expect them to play Bach... Don't get me wrong I love the classics and orchestra... But unless you have attended one, maybe do not criticize..... I don't expect you may find the in Pattaya, but if you are there, I do not think you are looking for a romantic musical serenade....

Just my opinion......

Kilosirrarolleyes.gif

It's good to see all the Pattaya bashers out in force today. Do you all feel better now. rolleyes.gif

Not before we've got the pone number of the girl in your avatar.....giggle.gif

• Like 1

No moral judgement on Pattaya, but it msut be a bit difficult for executives to stand up and explain at a shareholders' meeting why they held their work outing in Pattaya? Or tell all their executives they have to go and tell their wives that they're going to Pattaya for a company function.

At least Bangkok or Phuket the stigma and associations in people's minds isn't as bad.

Understand your point. Bit like having a convention in Las Vegas, as an example?

Does this mean that the rest of Thailand will become as much of a "rip-off" community as Pattaya?

I live in Bangkok, speak Thai and travel to Pattaya (at most) once a year.

All I see and hear from many Thais that live/work there is ways to get more money

out of the farangs. Over the decades, I have seen Thai society grow progressively

"money-centered" and noticeably "less friendly" towards farangs. I hope the rest of Thailand doesn't follow Pattaya's example and become a destination to go to just scam international guests.

All true, but I find things as bad in Bangkok.

I think it is a great idea, but if you're going to bring MICE to Pattaya, invite the CATS (Cutely Attractive Thai Sirens) as well.

It will change the concept of Meetings, Incentives, Conventions & Exhibitions for many I'm sure...................w00t.gif

• Like 2

Pattaya is of course seriously ideal as a business centre. In my lifetime experiences I can say honestly that most business folk DO truly very much want the availability of the sex industry for their chill out time after a day of heavy meetings and business seminars, and indeed WHY NOT? Surely this is a bloody no brainer and completely obvious to most sensible folk. Indeed this makes Pattaya completely ideal as a business meeting centre. So <deleted> why do not some of these nose in the air holier than thou sexually hung up prigs just get real and live and let live. Most ordinary decent folk seem to have no problem in open mindedly seeing the truth in this fact of life.

If the sex industry is not for your leisure time pursuit then that is rightly your choice and not up for debate but it is clearly NOT your choice to stop others from freely participating in such activities of course, so Pattaya surely ideally gives folk the wide and open choice of evening leisure time pursuits including fun and enjoyable sex based activities, and all as a release from your days of meetings and seminars etc. The fun of freely or commercially given and taken open sex, both for men AND women, is clearly part of our what should be harmless leisure time activities and quite obviously not just for marital procreation !!!!!!!!! This has been the case for many generations if we will all tell the truth.

Edited by rayw
  • Like 2

Yes the city that money can buy anything from transgender sex, to meth, murder, corrupt moyorcycle taxis, sin city at it's finest, quit a model city for sure, showing how a place can get totally gone to s_hit