Korat Points Of Interest For Google Earth

buadhai

Okay, assuming I do downlaod it, what's a .kmz extension, and what application will I need to open it? Google Earth, or some other app.

Opens in Google Earth. Start Google Earth then on the menu "File" "Open" select the .kmz file from buadhai.

Fortunately Korat is within a hi-res Google area. I've been trying a little to locate the Phi Mai temple complex without too much luck. I expect it may be beyond the hi-res block surrounding Korat. If you see something you like I recommend saving a screen snapshot as you never know when something may require Google to change resolution.

It has also been interesting in general to note how inaccurate (perhaps on purpose) the "official" maps are of Thailand.........

kenk3z

Okay, assuming I do downlaod it, what's a .kmz extension, and what application will I need to open it? Google Earth, or some other app.

Other ways of doing it: If you have Google Earth installed the .kmz is automatically associated with Google earth so double clicking on it will initialize Places. Another way is to drag the file for Explorer and drop it in Google Earth "Places" menu.

• 3 weeks later...