Thai Parliament Quarrel Escalates In Hitler Salute

george

Hitler salute? Who is claiming this? Even my Thai wife said that he is motioning to speak or wishes to keep speaking, because they shut-off his mic.; trying to incite something here?...

Something wrong with you hearing or eyesight ???? clearly he make a nazi salute while screaming hiel hitler no incite here pretty clear he is a Nazi lol

No, what is clear if you have half a brain is that he is an anti-Nazi. He is criticising what he sees as the dictatorial behaviour -- or Nazi-like behaviour -- of the speaker. It is mockery. Got it now?

Thats the way i seen it also but it might have been better to shout heil thaksin to go along with the gesture.

I noticed he also gave a salute used in the American military.

As for the Nazi salute and statement it dosen't take a rocket scientist to figure out he was being sarcastic. It was more of an insult aimed at House speaker Somsak Kiartsuranont.

Nice to know at least one member of parliament knows about Hitler. Would be nice if the reporter understood what Hitler was all about. He would have written the article differently.

• Like 1

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We used to do the same thing to our teachers when we were 8 years old.

Suppose if you around 70 years and was educated in the Fatherland or it's occupied territories, you had too...

Edited by Basil B

Hitler salute? Who is claiming this? Even my Thai wife said that he is motioning to speak or wishes to keep speaking, because they shut-off his mic.; trying to incite something here?...

Something wrong with you hearing or eyesight ???? clearly he make a nazi salute while screaming hiel hitler no incite here pretty clear he is a Nazi lol

No, what is clear if you have half a brain is that he is an anti-Nazi. He is criticising what he sees as the dictatorial behaviour -- or Nazi-like behaviour -- of the speaker. It is mockery. Got it now?

Parody is a hard concept for some..... not this chap though.

I'm pretty sure people in many other countries call someone a Nazi or Hitler (or a mini Hitler, Hitler wannabe etc.) as an insult, or if they feel they are being overbearing, unreasonable, a control freak, or even less.

One place I used to work in, many workers called one of the managers Hitler behind his back.

No one went so far as doing the salute to his face though... :)

It was done as sarcasm... The leader didnt understand......... The man was quoting as sarcasm HE WAS NOT PROMOTING HITLER..

Even though it is a BAD gig to do this he was not in the promotion role.......... He is Blue/ democrat party and was not promoting the man with a funny moustash!!..

He was saying YOU DO WHAT YOU WANT JUST LIKE HITLER... he was not impressed with what was happening......HE supports the Blue!

Please dont flame the guy for doing this..ask your girlfriend!!

Yes, I think most of us get that (but not so sure this thread isn't going over your head...).

Edited by hawker9000
  • Like 1

i'd like to offer my services...

man in video...please contact me if you want to properly learn and know how to do the heil hilter salute.

as stated in many threads on this site, the thai education system is lagging behind other countries in areas where it counts. i'd like to make a contribution instead of just criticizing behind a computer ;)

"Heil Thaksin" was what he should have said. The vicious dictator is smoothing his way back to Thailand using his clone and making deals with Thai power set.

Gracious, 2 hours and 23 posts before we can blame it on Thaksin! Standards on TVF are not what they were!

• Like 2

Whether it was a Nazi salute or a Roman salute, whether it was sarcasm or not is really irrelevant. What is relevant is that this sort of behaviour is not the way a member of parliament should behave. Yes, I have witnessed similar behaviour in the British parliament, the Spanish parliament, and others, but this does not make it acceptable behaviour.

• Like 2

Whether it was a Nazi salute or a Roman salute, whether it was sarcasm or not is really irrelevant. What is relevant is that this sort of behaviour is not the way a member of parliament should behave. Yes, I have witnessed similar behaviour in the British parliament, the Spanish parliament, and others, but this does not make it acceptable behaviour.

Why?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Politics 101, Chapter 10: How to win a debate:

March toward your opponent. Give the Nazi salute and shout "Heil Hitler" at the top of your voice three times. Then turn around and march out of the door.

Doesn`t it worry everyone that these are the people who make the rules and are apparently running the country?

If I was Thai I wouldn`t even bother voting for these clowns who`s behaviors would be more apt in a circus rather than in parliament.

No - this type of salute is an ancient Buddhist symbol which predates Nazism and is therefore a harmless thing not intended to convey harm or contempt.... or was that the swastika? I forget now.....

No - this type of salute is an ancient Buddhist symbol which predates Nazism and is therefore a harmless thing not intended to convey harm or contempt.... or was that the swastika? I forget now.....

I think you forgot that he YELD Hiel Hitler also. You forget that???? Yes?????

• Like 1

It should be noted that Saksith (writer of the article) is pro-Red (but not overly nor rabid) and as such has a motivation for not painting the situation completely fair/in context - I can only take that is the reason so many readers here misunderstands the action from the nutty/disappointed MP as being anything pro-nazi. It is clearly the opposite.

what was painted unfair and out of context in that article then?

nothing in the article hints at the guy being pro nazi, there's no projecting at all in that article.

in fact, <deleted>?

Sure in his limited consciousness and world awareness he used it as a mock of the speaker leadership. However his use of the Heil Hitler salute demonstratively seeks to recruit support and support his cause. He uses the Heil Hitler salute to embrace support. What if all his supporters suddenly rose and in support, gave a Heil Hitler. Would this merely be supporting the pm by using the "innocent" Heil Hitler salute as a sort of mantra? What if they all Thais picked up on it as a 'neat" way to object? This repeating theme of Nazi symbolic aggrandizement in Thai cultural and society circles is quite disturbing . They obviously don't have a clue about the significance of such a gesture. Someone from the free world should clue them in. This would be a good opportunity for the newspaper to do an informative editorial and set the record staright.

Sure in his limited consciousness and world awareness he used it as a mock of the speaker leadership. However his use of the Heil Hitler salute demonstratively seeks to recruit support and support his cause. He uses the Heil Hitler salute to embrace support. What if all his supporters suddenly rose and in support, gave a Heil Hitler. Would this merely be supporting the pm by using the "innocent" Heil Hitler salute as a sort of mantra? What if they all Thais picked up on it as a 'neat" way to object? This repeating theme of Nazi symbolic aggrandizement in Thai cultural and society circles is quite disturbing . They obviously don't have a clue about the significance of such a gesture. Someone from the free world should clue them in. This would be a good opportunity for the newspaper to do an informative editorial and set the record staright.

it was an outburst of anger and obviously meant as an insult, but i reckon he's fully aware of the significance of that gesture... ie he knows about the history.

he acted like a complete idiot but it's not that big of a deal imo.

thank god for chalerm and his ear medicine incident eh, because everytime a democrat makes a fool out of himself in parliament, people are sure bring it straight into the thread.

Edited by nurofiend

I seem to remember John Cleese doing hitler salutes and finger-moustache & goose stepping all round the set of Fawlty Towers in the 'dont mention the war' epsiode. It got voted as a favourite TV scene of all time by millions of people.

In any case this shows the level of frustration in the opposition, they are watching their country being ruled by a convicted grand-larcenist fugitive who has collected over a trillion air-miles using money he stole from the Thai people. The PTP offer no policies, and their barbie-doll "leader" has a broken speech-chip. They are doing a lot of damage to an already damaged system, and I'm not at all surprised that the opposition are frustrated and 'losing their cool' . I would have been yelling a long time ago tbh.

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 2