Bars And Restaurants Khon Kaen

PREM-R

Just been looking around the city and realised that there are alot of new food and drink outlets sprouting up in Khon Kaen. There are 4 or 5 new bars (some quite grand) in the Ruen Rom rd/ Sofitel area and a number of restaurants including Pizza Uno (in soi opposite Sawasdee Hotel) and a couple in the units to the side of Sofitel (near D'lite). I also notice that the old Hollywood /Bangkok bar near the railway tracks has re-opened as Bali (or somthing like that!)

When added to the 'old favourites' like Eric's, Number 1, Sevens etc. it would seem that at last Khon Kaen can compete with Udon in the 'eating and drinking' department.

Hi Nev,

Don't know if you are a 'regular' in Khon Kaen but if you need a place to start the evening try Eric's (opposite Sofitel) you can be sure to meet some 'farangs' there. You can also get food delivered to Eric's from Pizza Uno and 23 Steakhouse.

The new bars are in the area of Ruen Rom rd and the road where the Hi-Tech bars are located. Not sure of their names but you cannot miss them as they are lit up like christmas trees.

Hope you enjoy your stay in KK city.

Userful links:

Khon Kaen .com

Eric's Bar

Pizza Uno

Greenery Travel

I'm trying to put together a dining guide for Isaan:

Guide To Dining in the Northeast (Isaan)

I'll add the ones you posted, but I would be most grateful for additional restaurants in Khon Kaen and throughout Isaan.

TIA

If you are creating a guide you could also add:-

23 Steakhouse Khon Kaen

Hi Nev,

Don't know if you are a 'regular' in Khon Kaen but if you need a place to start the evening try Eric's (opposite Sofitel)  you can be sure to meet some 'farangs' there.  You can also get food delivered to Eric's from Pizza Uno and 23 Steakhouse.

The new bars are in the area of Ruen Rom rd and the road where the Hi-Tech bars are located.  Not sure of their names but you cannot miss them as they are lit up like christmas trees.

Hope you enjoy your stay in KK city.

Userful links:

Khon Kaen .com

Eric's Bar

Pizza Uno

Greenery Travel

hi thanks for the info mate,, it will be my first time in kk city,,i am staying at my girlfriends place and i am sure i will hit erics, i have been on khonkean forum and got some usefull info,and i was going to visit 23 steak house.

do you live kk mate if so we can meet for a beer.

my girlfriend has a car so i will be doing a lot of travelling. cheers mate.

Two of the additions mentioned above are Rad and Chic Club, both are brand new and just along (Ruen Rom rd) from 172 club (nr Sofitel) Rad is very swanky inside and this is the best place to see the hottest girls in town.

Chic is more of a live music venue, both are quality venues and once inside, you would think you were in BKK.

Worth mentioning is C'est ci Bon on Maliwan Rd, and Day Blue on Nam Muang Rd.

All have a fine array of cute beer promotion girls

:o:D