Who Knows Ubon Ratchathani?

sirchai

There is a full size swimming pool open to the public at Nari Nakul School.

Also a smaller pool, and pool for children, in Don Klang. Behind the Saveland store

opposite the Krung Thai Bank.

• 1 month later...

There are three 50 meter pools in Ubon. One at the Sports Center (very deep-don't rest), one at Narinakul high school and one at Ubon Ratchathani University 16 km out of town. Also swimming pools (small) at Sunee hotel, Laithong hotel, Nevada hotel and Ubonburi resort hotel (the biggest hotel pool) between Ubon and Warin. And a 30 year old 25 metre pool mentioned above, at Don Klang. Most pools are very crowded in the evenings and usually it is impossible to do lengths as Thais like to swim across and rest. Like their car driving-all over the place. If you want to exercise, best to go during the day. Recommend ear plugs to stop ear infections, bathing cap and strong goggles.

There are three 50 meter pools in Ubon. One at the Sports Center (very deep-don't rest), one at Narinakul high school and one at Ubon Ratchathani University 16 km out of town. Also swimming pools (small) at Sunee hotel, Laithong hotel, Nevada hotel and Ubonburi resort hotel (the biggest hotel pool) between Ubon and Warin. And a 30 year old 25 metre pool mentioned above, at Don Klang. Most pools are very crowded in the evenings and usually it is impossible to do lengths as Thais like to swim across and rest. Like their car driving-all over the place. If you want to exercise, best to go during the day. Recommend ear plugs to stop ear infections, bathing cap and strong goggles.

I know the Sunee Pool is open to the public but are the other hotel pools available to non hotel guests. Lai Thong is very close to where i live so would be grate if i could use their pool sometimes.

I know the Sunee Pool is open to the public but are the other hotel pools available to non hotel guests. Lai Thong is very close to where i live so would be grate if i could use their pool sometimes.

Ubonburi resort hotel has the biggest hotel pool and is open to the public (Expect in the Sept-Nov period when it is normally flooded. This year may be worst with the Central complex going up).

Seriously though, most hotel pools are hopeless for exercise. Too small. If the 50 m pools are not convenient I suggest you pop down to Huai Wang Nong. Get your wife to drop you off on one side. She drives to other side and waits. You swim across. A good 20 minute swim. If you don't make it, then she can collect your life insurance. Good swimming.