Im Coming To Cm In 2 Days.

poorfarang

Ive decided to come up to Chiang Mai for New Years. I have never been there before so I figured now was as good of time as any to come for a visit.

I need a place to stay that is fairly cheap. Im not familiar with the area at all so id prefer an area that will give me access to the sights and sounds that CM has to offer.

I will be arriving by bus from bangkok at about 6am so I need a place that I can crawl into at that hour. I have no Idea where the bus is dropping us off but Id guess that it will has some kind of transportation.

Whats the deal for New Years? Where can I go and party and have a drink and count down with my lady?

Any extra info that might help is greatly apreciated.

Thanks.

Golden Fern, Guesthouse on Phra Pokklao, Soi 8, 300-400 baht a night. Exellent Internet Cafe, just around the corner on Ratchapakinai Road. New years eve, Thailand time, might be closed, however if you want to call you relatives on their local midnight time, that internet cafe, will be the cheapest spot in Thailand to make that call. Be sure to make an arrangement if your relatives are located somewhere, where midnight will be sleepingtime in Chiang Mai.

Thanks for the guesthouse sugestion.  Im not really interested in calling anybody though...

Can anybody else make a reccomendation?

Try the Top north hotel.Close to bars and resturants and has a nice pool.Rooms are nice and clan with aircon etc..although you don't need it now. :o

Rates are around THB600-THB800..can't be sure though.Do a search in the CM forum, the details are here somewhere.

CM is always fully booked during COUNTDOWN period..... and so are the flights from BKK, no matter if its airasia, Thai, BKKair or even the notorious 12go. I wanted a decent middle-class hotel there for the COUNTDOWN, and all I was offered from the numerous online-hotel-brokers, was a superior at Sheraton for "as low as" 2.500 BT