Posters Of Famous/popular Thai Paintings

greenwanderer108

My sister in the USA asked me if I could look into getting a poster size print of some Traditional Thai art, so she can frame and hang up in her home (actual paintings would be too expensive). I've seen posters of about everything else here in Thailand i.e. stars, royalty, etc., but can't say I've ever seen such poster prints for traditonal art...surely they would have them for sale

specifically, scenes from literature, i.e. Ramakien, Mahachanoka, pra law, pra abhai manee, etc. etc. Like the detailed art in wat pakaew would be ideal. The artist she's particularly interested in is Panya Vijintanasarn ปัญญา วิจินธนสาร but anything in the field of thai art posters will be a start.

So does anyone know of any shops in Bangkok that would/might have such type of poster prints...if not, a company in Thailand who specializes in making poster prints, etc.

Cheers,

I can help you here. Jim Thompson house has a very good collection. I've got some that I then varnished and they look passably old! Never saw them in The Jim Thompson outlets though, only in the shop at the house, you can just buy, don't have to take the tour.