Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

Another application submitted today, first application refused on 15th March, re-applied on 27th March. All the extra information UKBA required, has been submitted with 1 firm job offer for me and 1 firm job offer for my wife, plus another a trial/test in a restaurant if visa is approved and the 4 pension statements from my parents who are my 3rd party support. Hopefully they will process it quickly now that paid them another £810!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just joined this forum so, hi guys.

Our application went in on 8th March so I am at the stage where I am getting parnoid! It appears that 5 weeks wait is the norm? but I think they have had 3 days holiday recently, so our wait has only been 17 working days. Anyway, does anyone know what investigations the embassy carry out during that time? Do they look into my background or hers?

• 3 weeks later...

hi retard, we were communicating on the other thread.

me and my fiancee applied on 16th March 2012 and have not had a message from the VFS yet.

we've been waiting 7 weeks for our visa now. retard has been waiting approx 8 weeks ....

so we know that uk settlement visa processing times are at least 8 weeks ... and I'll know that ours should come through about 1 week after retard gets his results.

keeping my fingers crossed for you dude - please let me know when you get yours ... as I will then know that we've got 1 more week to go.

me and my fiancee applied on 16th March 2012 and have not had a message from the VFS yet.

we've been waiting 7 weeks for our visa now. retard has been waiting approx 8 weeks ....

so we know that uk settlement visa processing times are at least 8 weeks ... and I'll know that ours should come through about 1 week after retard gets his results.

keeping my fingers crossed for you dude - please let me know when you get yours ... as I will then know that we've got 1 more week to go.

Applied on 27th March (settlement visa), nothing so far, but on another forum, 3 settlement visas were returned on 25th and 27th April, these were submitted on 3rd, 5th and 9th March, processing time 32/33 working days.

Edited by tribalfusion001

Hi,

I got it wrong on this thread ( just shows how pickled the brain is at present) We applied same date as you, 16th March. Possibly my wife met yours! Anyway we are both in the same boat and conjuring up all sorts of disasters.

Applied on 27th March (settlement visa), nothing so far, but on another forum, 3 settlement visas were returned on 25th and 27th April, these were submitted on 3rd, 5th and 9th March, processing time 32/33 working days.

Great, some positive news at last. Ours was applied for on 16th March so allowing for the 3 days holidays we are looking at 32 days. Matybe it will come through tomorrow!!!!

Great, some positive news at last. Ours was applied for on 16th March so allowing for the 3 days holidays we are looking at 32 days. Matybe it will come through tomorrow!!!!

Actually, just worked it out, 4 holidays during the period, yours is 33 working days so far, Embassy opens tomorrow after a holiday today. Let me know when you get the sms/email to collect passport. It's possible the waiting times may have increased further...

> 7b7: thanks for sorting out the thread.

> retard: we had the appointment on 16th March at around 17:00 - and ended up waiting about 2 hours until our application was accepted (a whole school class was applying for visitor visas which apparently caused the delay on the day)

> tribalfusion: that's fantastic news thanks - I will definitely let you know when we hear anything. as you said, our results could be imminent ... if there aren't any further delays.

Exciting stuff!

Edited by simmsc

Hi all,new user. I applied for my Wife's UK settlement Visa on the 16 th of March and still not heard anything! I hate playing the waiting game. They should really let people know what's going on and give them an update. Good luck to everyone getting their visa.

> 7b7: thanks for sorting out the thread.

> retard: we had the appointment on 16th March at around 17:00 - and ended up waiting about 2 hours until our application was accepted (a whole school class was applying for visitor visas which apparently caused the delay on the day)

> tribalfusion: that's fantastic news thanks - I will definitely let you know when we hear anything. as you said, our results could be imminent ... if there aren't any further delays.

Exciting stuff!

Exactly the same! My wife phoned me to say she had been there for over two hours. I misunderstood and thought she had an INTERVIEW for two hours. OK we are in the same boat, best of luck

Hi all,new user. I applied for my Wife's UK settlement Visa on the 16 th of March and still not heard anything! I hate playing the waiting game. They should really let people know what's going on and give them an update. Good luck to everyone getting their visa.

Crikey, another one for the 16th. Anyone else? It's nice to know you aren't alone.

There terrible. They take so long! I know many people are going this year,but i'm getting a bit angry now. I quit my job because i expected to get the visa already now. It has to be soon. I need to start my new job!

As has been said before, but is worth repeating for new users, the major cause of delay is the sheer volume of applications.

Apply at a quiet time and it will be processed quickly. I personally know of settlement applications that have been processed in 5 working days; a member here has reported previously that his wife's took one day!

However, for reasons which are beyond me, for the past few years the number of applications seems to increase from February each year, before dropping again round about September. So for that period waiting times do tend to be longer. There is a fixed number of ECOs in post and they can only process so many applications each day.

To be fair to the UKBA and it's staff in Bangkok, all the official guidance does recommend allowing three months for a settlement application to be processed.

BTW, whether one used an agency or not will have no bearing on the speed with which an application is processed (or the result!) and any agent who tells you differently is lying. Unless there are strong compassionate grounds for an application jumping the queue, all applications are dealt with in the order that they are received.

I'm actually quite disgusted with this whole process. We first applied on 15th February and it took 22 working days to be processed and refused, 15th February to 15th March. Lots of applications were taking about 20 to 22 working days (info gained from this forum), all these applications were submitted mid February, but at the start of March, the applications are taking 3 weeks longer. I know that there were holidays for Easter and Songkran, can't see that the olympics are the cause for longer processing, how many Thai's do you know interested in athletics?

Back hander probably then? I'm beginning to think i should of gone with a visa agency,maybe you have to pay a fee for their services but you might get put at the front of the line!

I doubt very much that even if the poster had offered a bribe that anyone at the embassy would have accepted it.

You are reminded that the defamation laws in Thailand are strict and rigorously enforced. You are also reminded of the forum rules, which you agreed to abide by when you joined. Rule 6) being relevant here

Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

As I said above, no agent has any influence whatsoever over the processing time, result or any other aspect of the way the entry clearance section deals with a visa application. Any agent who says that they do is a liar.

Glad that your wife has a degree; but this will not have any effect on her application. A tertiary education is not a prerequisite for a UK visa, and hopefully never will be.

Also maybe students are heading out for summer courses and schools and some preparing for universities. It is taking the piss though!

Should ban them all, students, tourists, actors, polictians and get on with the settlement visas, anyone would think that the UK has an open door policy

welcomeani.gif

for the settlement (fiance) visa i did about 2 years ago I used an agent ... that took about 10 weeks from memory (our moderator can probably provide the link to my old threads lol). that relationship failed because her kids (amongst other things) caused a lot of problems, which ended up causing the relationship to fail.

for this second settlement (fiance) visa that i am applying for I went it alone (without an agent). I still had all the docs that were required for the first visa requirement stored on my pc which helped me a lot (as a reminder for what supporting docs are required)... I simply provided the same docs again (updated docs of course, and ones that relate to my current relationship) plus the BULATS English test results (blue certificate).

so I'm fairly confident. the only thing that worries me is that i applied for a fiance visa about 2 years ago ... could they hold that against me? ... they may think i am not a serious individual.

but things happen in life ... the first relationship failed after my partner got here ... and since then i have met someone else who is a much better match for me.

what has also changed since then is that some registrars in the UK don't give out provisional marriage bookings anymore. i called my local registrar (same one as last time) and they told me that you can only register marriages now if both parties are present in the UK.

well ... my fiancee is in Thailand and I am here (waiting!). So I wasn't able to provide any provisional marriage bookings with this application.

time will tell .... soon by the looks of things!