Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

Is there a embassy number to contact? Just to find out what's happening. Wouldn't give my details of course,probably getting pissed off with complaints and will put mine to the bottom of the pile!

Even when you call them , they will tell you to wait for 12 weeks because thats their standar processing time . I did call the embassy in my country last week to ask for the reference number so i could use the online tracking service and to my surprise she said i could not use that facility because my application is from vietnam and that online tracking service only works for thailand .. So i asked her how am i suppose to know whats going on with my visa or passport even . We got a mess up postal service here and how i know if they had sent my passport back and it got lost in the post ? I cant wait for 12 weeks to find out that my passport has been lost 2 months ago . And she was so rude to inform me that i have no right to ask any question till i have wait 12 weeks and do not call back untill i have wait for 12 weeks .

Is there a embassy number to contact? Just to find out what's happening. Wouldn't give my details of course,probably getting pissed off with complaints and will put mine to the bottom of the pile!

I submitted a query by email, so I'm probably at the bottom for having the nerve to question them!

OK guys, stop worrying, it's all being sorted out. My wife paid another visit to the monk house today. The big chief said she would definately get her visa on the 14th. So I've booked her a flight for the 15th. Like hell I have!!! Anyway, it's nice to know that I'm not alone in my suffering. Good luck guys, the waiting will soon be over.

OK guys, stop worrying, it's all being sorted out. My wife paid another visit to the monk house today. The big chief said she would definately get her visa on the 14th. So I've booked her a flight for the 15th. Like hell I have!!! Anyway, it's nice to know that I'm not alone in my suffering. Good luck guys, the waiting will soon be over.

I've been trying to find out today why the UKBA website has not updated the processing times, the website clearly states that it is updated every month. I will ring the Home Office and VFS tomorrow to find out, no contact number for UKBA. It would be helpful to know how long the processing times have gone to, even if it's only for March!

hi guys, i've been following your posts with great interest and laughter (your jokes).

i would suspect that the ukba have decided not to update the sites with processing times to avoid any panic situations (in conjunction with the Olympic games).

however, by doing so, they probably don't realise that they are causing major disruption to our lives.

if they could give us good news (ie fast processing times) i am sure they would happily do so.

lets give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they are doing this for the right reasons (albeit, the right reasons for themselves, and maybe not for us).

for those of us that are expecting visa results soon, i don't think we will have to wait for much longer ... famous last words.

for me "jingjingna" is the benchmark now ... once he gets his we will know what the current processing times / delays are ... and quite a few of us should get results shortly after him.

come on "jingjingna" - bring us some good news!

for me "jingjingna" is the benchmark now ... once he gets his we will know what the current processing times / delays are ... and quite a few of us should get results shortly after him.

I think jingjingna's application was for a un-married partner, so that could be why it's taking longer. UKBA also hired two ECA's recently in Bangkok, maybe they were short staffed. The most annoying thing is the website not being updated, it's not very helpful!

I think jingjingna's application was for a un-married partner, so that could be why it's taking longer. UKBA also hired two ECA's recently in Bangkok, maybe they were short staffed. The most annoying thing is the website not being updated, it's not very helpful!

Actually, guys it is a married/civil partner settlement visa that has been applied for. We are in our 9th working week and at the end of May it will be a full 12 working weeks. Mind you I haven't taken Easter/Songkran and all the other holidays into account...so it could well be June at this rate. However, if we work by calender months, 12th May will be 2 months.

It is really frustrating, not to mention the stress this is causing! We have just bought a house in the UK. We have waited so long that I don't care if it takes 12 weeks anymore as long as the result is in our favour.

Tribal fusion, fingers crossed for you and hope that after forking out another GBP 810, they give you a thumbs up too.

• Like 1

A word about this forum. Until this thread was re-introduced I was a very worried man. The wait was originally suggested 4 weeks and from then on all sorts of reasons for the delay were conjured up in my mind. Having read the various comments I now accept that the delay is not down to me but to the embassy. I have spent several years in Thailand with my wife before we decided to come to England. Thinking that the wait would be short I came over immediately to prepare the ground. Everything is now ready all that is missing is my wife. Anyway, thank you Thaivisa forum, I can relax a little. Please keep the information rolling in

Well no news today but my other half went to see a fortune teller today. (Tarrot cards ) Travel was imminent on the cards, like within the next two weeks and were advised to pack our bags! biggrin.png

Back home it's usually the gypsies that are into their crystal balls and tarrot cards and we would never refer to one as a Doctor, my other half did, enquired whether the 'doctor' was in today??......I was in stitches!cheesy.gif

Edited by jingjingna

ha ha! My mrs spoke to the head monk at a temple somewhere in Bangkok. He also told her she would get the visa and be traveling too! She forgot to ask about next weeks lotto numbers though!

Another day gone, how many more to go, who know's? A time machine would be good, like the Tardis.

I bought a new red, white and navy football shirt today, but that is allI can say!

Another week gone by. That makes it 8 weeks. The house has been aired out, the furniture is in place, there's food in the fridge, the car is topped up witth petrol. There's a job waiting for her.What else is left? Ah yes! the bloody visa

Another week gone by. That makes it 8 weeks. The house has been aired out, the furniture is in place, there's food in the fridge, the car is topped up witth petrol. There's a job waiting for her.What else is left? Ah yes! the bloody visa

There is always tomorrow, 1 working day left in the week, you never know, they may have cleared everything up in 1 day! I've just seen a pig fly past my balcony...

Edited by tribalfusion001

Called them today,still they say within 3 months. Went on the application tracker,and it just says the same,being processed at the embassy. They did send me an email about 5 mins ago. This is what they wrote.

Thank you for your e-mail dated 11/05/12

The UK Border Agency aims to process 95% of settlement applications in not more than 12 weeks and is currently working within these time targets. You can visit the UK Border Agency website for a detailed guide to visa processing times, and further details on customer service standards. Each application is assessed individually, and the actual processing time may depend on a number of factors. We are unable to guarantee that your visa application will be assessed by the date that you have requested. This is because of the unique circumstances of each cases.

Entry Clearance Applications fall under the Data Protection Act and therefore we are unable to provide information regarding possible visa applications to third parties including an applicant's partner or sponsor. Please also note that you will not be informed when your application is ready for collection unless you choose to purchase the SMS and email update service at the time of visa application submission. However, you can use the Track your Application facility on the VFS website to track the status of your visa application and to determine when your visa decision and documents are ready for collection from the VFS visa application centre.

So really still not getting anywhere!

Called them today,still they say within 3 months. Went on the application tracker,and it just says the same,being processed at the embassy. They did send me an email about 5 mins ago. This is what they wrote.

Thank you for your e-mail dated 11/05/12

Entry Clearance Applications fall under the Data Protection Act and therefore we are unable to provide information regarding possible visa applications to third parties including an applicant's partner or sponsor. Please also note that you will not be informed when your application is ready for collection unless you choose to purchase the SMS and email update service at the time of visa application submission. However, you can use the Track your Application facility on the VFS website to track the status of your visa application and to determine when your visa decision and documents are ready for collection from the VFS visa application centre.

So really still not getting anywhere!

I included a letter giving me dpa to talk on her behalf, I previously sent an email to UKBA last year regarding a visit visa, but I didn't have dpa, so got the same response as you. I can pick up her passport from VFS, (she signed an authority letter), when it's been processed that is.

Do you think they are sitting on settlement applications until near the 12 week timescale and dealing all other visas as a priority?

Possibly. I just think they don't have many staff and they probably work on flexi time. It's friday today,can't see them really working hard today! I'm really not that impressed with their service. They charge us for this visa which is way over priced,then we have to pay further more for the uk test and citizenship. Surely if we have to pay for all this we should at least get some kind of help back towards our visa. I might write to my local MP to see if he can help!

I did this visa a long time ago with my ex. It was so simple back then and i got the visa within 2 weeks. Their was a big documentary on Panorama investigating the Embassy staff in Bangkok. They treated customers badly and i think they were all removed from their positions. I think the government changed everything,maybe that's why now they have an agency to help them with visas. But has anything really changed with the Embassy. They are still quite rude most of the time when you chat with them direct on on the phone. They never seem to want to help people. It just annoys me. I wish you could just get a tourist visa and change it to a settlement once in the UK. Things would be so much easier!

Possibly. I just think they don't have many staff and they probably work on flexi time. It's friday today,can't see them really working hard today! I'm really not that impressed with their service. They charge us for this visa which is way over priced,then we have to pay further more for the uk test and citizenship. Surely if we have to pay for all this we should at least get some kind of help back towards our visa. I might write to my local MP to see if he can help!

They don't send emails or sms until 1.30pm, so you may get something today. By my reckoning, this is your 37th day and jingjingna's 41st. They were recruiting for two local engaged ECA's recently, so they may have two extra staff doing the background checks.

The visa fee is massively overpriced and it's Tony Blair's fault, he thought new immigrants should pay more for the running of UKBA. Do they mention why the website is not being updated for the processing times?

They did not give me an answer on processing times. Yep coming up to 6 weeks now. I no we had a few days holiday here and there but should really be done soon. I did state that i need to go on the 7th of may to start my new job!

They did not give me an answer on processing times. Yep coming up to 6 weeks now. I no we had a few days holiday here and there but should really be done soon. I did state that i need to go on the 7th of may to start my new job!

I stated that she wanted to leave on 26th March, 1 day before the visa application was submitted, I forgot to change the date! We have been waiting for 6 weeks or 30 working days, you are on 8 weeks now, sorry, that's probably made you feel worse sad.png

Where are you waiting for the visa Bangkok?

Yes. We both live and work here. My wife is an assistant director of a school. I am also a PE teacher at the same school. We both have quit our jobs because the new school year starts now and we had to resign before then. We both can find work again no problem here. But we thought it would arrive within a month. Didn't think it would take this long. Need to start my job soon really. My wife will study there and will look for work once there. The embassy classes 1 week as 5 working days right and not 7??

Yes. We both live and work here. My wife is an assistant director of a school. I am also a PE teacher at the same school. We both have quit our jobs because the new school year starts now and we had to resign before then. We both can find work again no problem here. But we thought it would arrive within a month. Didn't think it would take this long. Need to start my job soon really. My wife will study there and will look for work once there. The embassy classes 1 week as 5 working days right and not 7??

Yes, 5 working days = 1 week, I was going on a 7 day week, 37 working days, you are right 6 weeks in UKBA weeks, there were 4 holidays, but do they include the holidays in their stats, don't know. The website says about working days, instead of weeks, not very clear really.

I was working here last year, but not this time, maybe I should have got a job when I got here, but I thought that I would only be here for 6 weeks, got that one wrong!

A couple of my friends are teachers here, both in a school at Lad Phrao, one is an English PE teacher. Now my wife is working during the day it's getting a bit boring, if you fancy having a beer and passing some time, let me know?

I don't drink with Arsenal fans lol just joking. Yeah why not. Where are you staying? I live on the outskirts of Bangkok. I live in Bangbuathong,Nonthaburi. Where you from in the UK then?

Are you a Spurs fan then? I'm in Ratchada, I went to Nonthaburi last year, looking at an apartment with a friend who wanted to live there, he did live there for about 6 months. I'm from Essex and you? I'll pm my number to you, my wife might want to come along though, she's ok though, very polite and reserved!