Phuket City Police Chief Transferred Amid Underage Nightlife Staff Probe

webfact

Phuket City Police chief transferred amid underage nightlife staff probe

Phuket Gazette

policetransfer.jpeg

Phuket City Police Superintendent Chote Chitchai has been transferred to an inactive post pending an investigation into underage staff working at Phuket Town nightclubs. Photo: Gazette file

PHUKET: -- Phuket City Police Superintendent Chote Chitchai has been removed from active duty pending an investigation into underage staff working at Phuket Town nightclubs.

Col Chote told the Phuket Gazette today that he received the instant transfer order on Saturday.

“I received the order from Phuket Provincial Police Commander Chonasit Wattanavrangkul on Saturday to transfer to Phuket Provincial Police Station as a special assignment for 30 days,” he told the Gazette this afternoon.

“Today is a public holiday. I will report to Phuket Provincial Police Station tomorrow,” he added.

Phuket Provincial Police Deputy Commander Sakchai Limcharoen has been installed as Phuket City Police Acting Superintendent during the 30-day period, Col Chote said.

Asked what reason was given for the immediate temporary transfer, Col Chote explained, “This is Maj Gen Chonasit’s decision. I will be back as Phuket City Police Superintendent duty after the 30 days.”

“I have already taken up the position of Acting Superintendent at Phuket City Police Station,” Col Sakchai, told the Gazette. “This is just a temporary assignment… I have been ordered to ‘tighten up’ Phuket City Police Station.

“I believe you have already seen the media reports of underage staff being found working in nightlife venues in Phuket Town. The Commander [Maj Gen Chonasit] sees this as very important. That’s why I have been assigned this task,” he added.

“I believe Col Chote will be re-instated and I will resume my normal duties at Phuket Provincial Station as soon as the investigation is complete. However, it might take longer than 30 days to complete the investigation,” Col Sakchai said.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle12939.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-05-08

'“Today is a public holiday. I will report to Phuket Provincial Police Station tomorrow,” he added.'

So cops who are transferred to an inactive post are allowed to take a holiday from their inactivity. That's nice.

The inactivity of the inactiveness cancels each out. Therefore creating an active inactivity. Simple.

My head hurts.

• Like 1

I'm presuming, "underage nightlife staff" is the Thai police term that would include teenage hookers below the legal age...in addition to I suppose the theoretical prospect of non-hooking regular wait staff.

Somehow it sounds much more proper using their terminology. But that doesn't change what it is.

There are underage boys and girls working as prostitutes all over Thailand, often within 50 metres of a police station. So this can't be the real reason. It is more likely that he wasn't passing enough gravy up to the top table.

Edited by Arkady
  • Like 2

So if a BIB allows an underage girl to serve you a beer he is made inactive, but if an undersage jetski guy rips you off or beats you bloody then its business as usual

I still don't understand...we are talking about underage sex workers here right? If so, why is the media being so vague?

This guy must be laughing his ass off because he will start fresh in maybe... Bangkok? Nothing happening there!

Well actually no. Ranking government posts in places like Phuket and Pattaya are bought at a hefty price. It is very expensive to get a posting there because of the amount of money making it up the chain of command. It's no coincidence, for example, that the head of the Similan National Park owns a fleet of fishing boats which get to have the run of the park, illegally fishing in the "closed" season without any dive boats in the area to drop a dime on them.

'“Today is a public holiday. I will report to Phuket Provincial Police Station tomorrow,” he added.'

So cops who are transferred to an inactive post are allowed to take a holiday from their inactivity. That's nice.

You just gotta love it...That would make him active again...Right...? clap2.gif

There are underage boys and girls working as prostitutes all over Thailand, often within 50 metres of a police station. So this can't be the real reason. It is more likely that he wasn't passing enough gravy up to the top table.

They must think we are all pretty stupid...Just finding out that 16 and 17 year olds are working the bars...? It's a "Miracle". Edited by TeddyFlyfisherDavis

Reading between the lines, this guy wasn't passing enough up to the General, so the General sacks him for someone that will pass up the proper amount. Of course this guy will get a new post and be paid, it just won't necessarily be in such a lucrative market.

It is true that no one who matters cares about the local sex industry wrt age issues, but there is real pressure from above - because of the pressure coming from our governments - to prevent underage prostitution being made available to farang.

I still don't understand...we are talking about underage sex workers here right? If so, why is the media being so vague?

To protect the reputation (sic) of the country.

Very poor article.

Why was the police chief transferred?

If he was the venue's owner, then it seems like a very soft punishment. If he just was the acting official at the time of the bust, then I wonder how many inactive post they can find for all police chiefs of thailand. They will surely need an inactive commander to non-manage all the inactive officials...

if you want to know how much a highly placed police officers makes in phuket..

My new neighbor is one of those. He scrapped his 'carpark roof' 4 times before finaly sticking with one with a lot of expensive wooding on it. It took a team of 7 people almost half a month to finish it all up. Probably wasted about 700k on all the roofings from my estimate, His overpriced ugly kitchen is about 1.3mil baht

could go on for a long time.. You dont get that much money from giving extra parking tickets