Mushroom Farming

1 hour ago, leyali said:

About this I google and read already. I think this its the case of the green mold. But we don't make the bag self, we bought them from a big company next to our village.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes, Good sterilization may prevent green and other molds only in the incubating stage (mycelium running). You can still get some infected bags when incubating. But in fruiting stage, it another story. It's about how you manage humidity and fresh air flow in your grow house, how you harvest your mushroom, cleaning your grow house, pest etc.

Edited by tamone
  • Like 1

Last month, one of my customers call me and ask me to return 5000+ bags that's infected with green mold after the first flush of 130 KG. of mushroom. Luckily that I save 200 bags of the same batch at me to prove that all of his infected bags are not my fault because 200 bags that I kept are still doing good.

• Like 1

Yes, we grow mushrooms for the first time. We started about 3 weeks ago. I was building a new mushroom house only for grow mushrooms. My wife clean all stuff with alcohol and she know all have to be clean. She already grow some mushroom in the past, but always only 100 bags for family use.
Now for the moment we have 2000 bag and still place for a other 4000 bag, but wait for colder season.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, leyali said:

Yes, we grow mushrooms for the first time. We started about 3 weeks ago. I was building a new mushroom house only for grow mushrooms. My wife clean all stuff with alcohol and she know all have to be clean. She already grow some mushroom in the past, but always only 100 bags for family use.
Now for the moment we have 2000 bag and still place for a other 4000 bag, but wait for colder season.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I always recommend my customer to do not mix new bags and old bags in the same house. That's not a right way to go if you want to cultivate for commercial. Now, your house still newly built, there is not much pest and diseases (That's a trap lol). From my experience, empty house (2000 bags in a big house for 6000 bags) is hard to keep humidity and temperature stable. Watering 3 times a day mushroom fruits still too dry, add more water makes it rotten and start to see slime mold.

And 100 bags for family use and 2000 bags for commercial are totally difference in management.

I always recommend my customer to do not mix new bags and old bags in the same house. That's not a right way to go if you want to cultivate for commercial. Now, your house still newly built, there is not much pest and diseases (That's a trap lol). From my experience, empty house (2000 bags in a big house for 6000 bags) is hard to keep humidity and temperature stable. Watering 3 times a day mushroom fruits still too dry, add more water makes it rotten and start to see slime mold.

And 100 bags for family use and 2000 bags for commercial are totally difference in management.

As we know, it's not the best season for grow oystermushrooms and for the first run we doing in grow mushrooms, we decide to start with 2000 bag. Now we can learn and see what we can make better for the next time when we will fill the whole house with 6000 bag. Till now it was all fine, except the green mold, happily no new one today. We got almost 50 Kg in 2 weeks from the first come out, and can easily sale them, even people we don't know coming over and order mushrooms. So all it's still fresh for me, but I see and learning every day, and it's nice to look them grow and harvest.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/16/2017 at 11:17 AM, Falang Nang Fa said:

What is a good substrate for producing Oyster mushrooms.

I read a lot on the internet, but much difference.

What is good, what is bad ?

Why you put Gypsum, pumice, magnesium, sucre etc, etc. What is the goal for it.

What does a mushroom need to grow well?

Selection_321.jpg.b048b968dcc748d73b7cc4c974ac1ae9.jpg

Selection_322.jpg.2ef29adf257e076ce980d17405540554.jpg

This book can give you answer of all your question. A good substrate for you is what you can find in your area but mostly in Thailand we use sawdust, woodchip (untreated). IMO Rice straw is a good one too(Best fruiting body), but it's not last long and need another method of bagging.

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/12/2017 at 8:59 PM, finnomick said:

We have decided to stop mushroom production. We have a steam machine for sale. Cost new 17,000 baht and has had little usage. We'd like 10,000 baht for it. Collection from Prakhon Chai area only. Please message me if you are interested.

Can you post a pic or send one to me in pm, we might be interested in buying.

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, vichenec said:

can anyone suggest where to buy sterilized substrate to experiment with growing at home ? 

I would suggest you visit the nearest mushroom farm and order what you want. There is a home stay at Colonel Packdee's near Saraburi he does training courses (speaks English) and sells mushroom supplies. 

• 4 weeks later...