Recycling

fanciman

Is there any recycling organized in Bangkok? It seems such a shame to just lump everything into one bin bag...

What happens to all this unsorted stuff? Does it go into land reclamation? Is it burned? What do you do if you have little batteries to throw out?

:o

Is there any recycling organized in Bangkok? It seems such a shame to just lump everything into one bin bag...

What happens to all this unsorted stuff? Does it go into land reclamation? Is it burned? What do you do if you have little batteries to throw out? 

:o

Here at Soi Rang Narm (Victory Monument) Thanon Rang Narm there is a recycling business that buy and have trucks collect each week mostly cardboard boxes. (Opposite Century The Movie Plaza). I am sure there are other recycling shops around. The Thais are very good at recycling things more than one time but still alot of people that don't give a <deleted>.

I think you'll notice that while there aren't any official recyling schemes run by local councils/municipalities, a lot of stuff does get recycled.

A quick look at the garbage men doing there job, and you will see that they spend a fair chunk of their time sorting the garbage into different piles which all goes off for recyling.

you see guys going around late at night rummaging thru bins looking for plastic bottles and cardboard , but i would imagine any recycling is very little taken on a national basis.

just look at how much is carelessly thrown away in parks and on road verges.

Thais are serious litter louts .