New Shopping Center( Soon )

luckyluke

The land has been sold to the developers of Atlantis. Hundred's of 35 sqm condos will go on sale very soon.

I'm glad I didnt buy that condo I looked at in Chateau Dale. Only the empty plot next door (and the silly price) put me off.

The same reason I didn't buy there! Never buy in Thailand with neighboring land with a big question mark over it!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The land has been sold to the developers of Atlantis. Hundred's of 35 sqm condos will go on sale very soon.

I'm amazed that so many foreigners will come over here and live in 35m2 condos.

You can buy adjacent ones (usually) mate ... and some people buy for vacation homes, etc. Don't judge.

I'm aware of thousands of condo's smaller then 30 sqm in Pattaya that serve as permanent residences to foreigners.

You can buy adjacent ones (usually) mate ... and some people buy for vacation homes, etc. Don't judge.

I'm not judging mate (you're the one doing that) - I'm just amazed people can be happy living in such a small space.

.. and who said anything about buying one - I just mentioned living - and I imagine a large percentage rent.

I'm aware of thousands of condo's smaller then 30 sqm in Pattaya that serve as permanent residences to foreigners.

Even more amazing! What's the smallest one you're aware of?

Even more amazing! What's the smallest one you're aware of?

Diana estate Soi Buakhoaw are 28 sqm.

]I'm aware of thousands of condo's smaller then 30 sqm in Pattaya that serve as permanent residences to foreigners.

Hmm. I'm in 65sqm which suits me on my own. I suppose at a pinch I could live in 45sqm though I would rather not. I don't think I could live in less than 45sqm except on a very temporary basis.

I think a small space like that would be OK for a stay as long as a year. I know some people live in them permanently. Could be worse. At least its a roof.

You seem very protective of people living in small places - are you one?

I think a small space like that would be OK for a stay as long as a year. I know some people live in them permanently. Could be worse. At least its a roof.

You seem very protective of people living in small places - are you one?

No, I am not. As if that makes a difference.

Me too, i live in a 2 roomed 100 sq m condo and it's only just big enough for me (and tgf). A 30 sqm condo might be OK for a 2 week holiday but would be terrible as a permanent residence.

Simply, yet eloquently stated, Luke! :-)

Personally, I would require, as a minimum, a "living room" area, a small kitchenette, and a small bedroom, in order to be comfortable. But I would not even pause to consider criticizing anyone who wanted lesser or greater living space as a residence. I enjoy foods and beverages that others do not. They are welcome to their preferences; as I believe I am welcome to mine. My "favorite" women are brunette, slim (but not skinny), with "exotic" (Asian/Latina) features. Some "gentlemen prefer blondes". So be it.

I try to live with the guldeline of doing whatever I please, as long as it doesn't harm, or interfere with the rights of others to do the same. I don't know how we can go wrong with that philosophy.

By the way, how did we get from shopping centers to condo sizes? :-)

Jomtien would seem a better bet to me; no real competition, lots of people with plenty of money and fairly poor public transport to Tesco which is the nearest proper supermarket.

Yeah, I'm always amazed at all the wealthy looking people I see riding the baht-buses in Pattaya/Jomtien smile.png

For the last 10 years I have wondered why there is no regular bus service on Thepassitt to Tesco..coffee1.gif

No, I am not. As if that makes a difference.

Of course it does. If you live in a 28m2 condo you're going to get upset when someone finds it amazing that you could live in such a small space.

What amazing may be for one may be common for another.

I don't think too many expats were living in 35m2 condos back in their home countries. I always assumed that the idea of going elsewhere to become an expat was to improve the standard of living, not go backwards.

I don't think too many expats were living in 35m2 condos back in their home countries. I always assumed that the idea of going elsewhere to become an expat was to improve the standard of living, not go backwards.

You're being overly simplistic. Some people live cheap/poor here so they won't have to work anymore. For people with unsatisfying work (or no work) back home that's a definite upgrade. Different people, different motivations, different choices. Here or anywhere. I suggest a tolerance pill.
  • Like 1

You're being overly simplistic. Some people live cheap/poor here so they won't have to work anymore. For people with unsatisfying work (or no work) back home that's a definite upgrade. Different people, different motivations, different choices. Here or anywhere. I suggest a tolerance pill.

You being touchy for nothing. Perhaps you need to take a pill - a chill pill. Saying "I'm amazed" is hardly being intolerant. It's merely being surprised and educated at the same time. I really don't care what size apartment you or anyone lives in.

For the last 10 years I have wondered why there is no regular bus service on Thepassitt to Tesco..

Actually there is a regular (but poor) service; it just isn't daily.

You can find a short bahtbus queue at the corner of Thappraya and Theppasit from Thursday to Sunday, from mid-afternoon onwards. Also on occasions at other times. This coincides with the evening market opening hours and of course Tesco is just around the corner. Bahtbuses back are rarely a problem. You just flag one down. The fare is the usual 10B either way.

I peered in the window this evening on my way back from supper and there is indeed a plan on the wall of a handful of buildings surrounding a central pool area. The plan would appear to fit the empty plot.

Whilst I dont think much of these Cheap Charlie (or should that be Impecunious Ivan?) buildings, this one at least has the merit of being within walking distance of public transport. But having viewed units in the next-door Royal Hill I pity the moron who buys an off-plan unit that looks towards the road; the traffic noise is deafening.

I am SO glad I didnt buy in Chateau Dale. thumbsup.gif

That's a little hard to believe considering your probing leading question clearly trying to "out" me as someone living in a small box.

I was merely asking if you lived in a box because you thought I was judging people who lived in boxes.

For some people 35m2 would be enough. And even if it was a slight inconvenience for them, consider the other parts of improved living.

- Can eat out for less then cooking at home

- Warm climate.

- Generally cheaper everything

- taxes...