Moving To Chiang Mai

Hello all.....hope you had a happy Xmas and are going to have a brillient New Year!!

I'm moving to Chiang Mai in January from the UK with my partner and child. We're planning on bringing out my German Sheperd Dog later on but want to ensure that things are settled first.

Does anyone have any info on the Chiang Mai area including:

1. Good Vets - especially English speaking or Farang ones.

2. Any good kennels (again english speaking would be good). We have to travel for 3/4 days ever 3 months so want to find somewhere good for her to be.

3. Any other good info anyone has about having dogs in Thailand.

Thanks for your help.....and cannot wait to be there!!

:o

Hello all.....hope you had a happy Xmas and are going to have a brillient New Year!!

I'm moving to Chiang Mai in January from the UK with my partner and child.  We're planning on bringing out my German Sheperd Dog later on but want to ensure that things are settled first.

Does anyone have any info on the Chiang Mai area including:

1.  Good Vets - especially English speaking or Farang ones.

2.  Any good kennels (again english speaking would be good).  We have to travel for 3/4 days ever 3 months so want to find somewhere good for her to be.

3.  Any other good info anyone has about having dogs in Thailand.

Thanks for your help.....and cannot wait to be there!!

:o

:D Whatever you do bring a collar and a leash take the dog inside at night and generally keep keep a close watch on Ol Shep...I hope he'/she is a big dog because as we all know the medium sized black ones a VERY popular!

:D Whatever you do bring a collar and a leash take the dog inside at night and generally keep keep a close watch on Ol Shep...I hope he'/she is a big dog because as we all know the medium sized black ones a VERY popular!

Thanks for the advice......and pardon the ignorance but.....popular in what way????!!!!!! :o

We moved here to Chiang Mai 2 yrs ago from the UK with our 2 Cairn Terriers. One of them died last year because the vet did not listen to a word I said hence a total misdiagnosis. Bought a puppy at the beginning of this year and consulted a different vet when it became ill, again total misdiagnosis & I had to e-mail my vet in England, he diagnosed (correctly) distemper, which is endemic here!!! All in all I think the vets up here know less than the vet nurses at home.

I would reccomend you use Revolution (a spot on) every month to control fleas, ticks, heart worm, mange, ear mites & intestinal worms.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice......and pardon the ignorance but.....popular in what way????!!!!!!

Folks like to comsume them. Black dogs are good luck and oh so tasty,( or so I've been lead to believe as I eat no mammals.)