Do You Check Your Profile Page?

Apologies for the secondary post as I could have added it to the post above, but had to restart my computer because the darn thing is running soooooooooooooooo slow.

So, from above what is also appreciated is that when you start a post you stay with it, read and reply to the interesting or controversial posts.

Mind you ... the time it took to read page 4 of this thread ... I would like back again!

Jeez I'm glad you told me that David because I was going to suggest you go and have a look at one particular member's posting history.

I don't want to waste your time though. Let's just say its a bleak picture...devoid of any kind of positive uplifting personal commentary at all.

I hope that makes up for some of the time you lost earlier. thumbsup.gif

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I check my profile fairly often especially to see who has given me likes.wink.png

There is one poster that I would really like to get a "like" from but he hasn't done so yet.sad.png

But I do understand what the OP means. smile.png

Did you get it from one of them three?

No....I'm still waiting..sad.png

but I'm please to see that my spell checker is back.....thumbsup.gif

kevjohn, welcome to one of life’s little ironies .... or, as U2 describe it ... 'I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

David48....... Just between you and me I DID get that "special like"........... but being on a public forum.....I thought

it best not to acknowledge......so please don't tell. wink.png

I hope Blether realises that at least 50% of his likes are in pity...

And all you lot that concentrate so much on likes, page views, profile views and god knows what else is in there to make you all feel better......masturbation is a much better pass time.

You young blokes only have one thing on your mind.wink.png

As you get older you will come to relise that there is more to life.whistling.gif

I'm glad I found Thaivisa. clap2.gif

Note to self .......make sure my buddy see this post.sad.png

that sir, is far too apparent.

Not sure if it is a sign that people like you or dislike you but it is harder to manipulate than likes and shows interest of some sort.unsure.pngohmy.png

And when all last views are loaded up with moderators names probably time to re-think your posting strategy. biggrin.png

or means it is successful

I hope Blether realises that at least 50% of his likes are in pity...

And all you lot that concentrate so much on likes, page views, profile views and god knows what else is in there to make you all feel better......masturbation is a much better pass time.

You young blokes only have one thing on your mind.wink.png

As you get older you will come to relise that there is more to life.whistling.gif

I'm glad I found Thaivisa. clap2.gif

Note to self .......make sure my buddy see this post.sad.png

that sir, is far too apparent.

I like that...thumbsup.gif

Cough ... away from the incessant need to be 'Liked' ...

One thing of note to the OP about the profile pages that surprises me.

In the age of cyber crime and identify theft, that (assumed) real birthdays are displayed.

I normally put the real year I was born and you might be surprised how many were born on the 1st of January ... insert real birth year. 01/01/XXXX

• Like 1

In the age of cyber crime and identify theft, that (assumed) real birthdays are displayed.

I normally put the real year I was born and you might be surprised how many were born on the 1st of January ... insert real birth year. 01/01/XXXX

Nah....I use the real year but prefer half way between christmas and christmas

then my birthday and christmas gifts are spaced out evenly. clap2.gif

Edited by kevjohn

I never use my real name or birthday. I use VF on Facebook, Twitter, Google and all my social media sites. I agree that it is best to be prudent online and in life generally.

Apologies for the secondary post as I could have added it to the post above, but had to restart my computer because the darn thing is running soooooooooooooooo slow.

So, from above what is also appreciated is that when you start a post you stay with it, read and reply to the interesting or controversial posts.

Mind you ... the time it took to read page 4 of this thread ... I would like back again!

David48, you are one of a select few to have acknowledged the effort I put into the topics I start. Thank you, I appreciate it a lot.

I have been nurturing one topic since 2009 but if these four pages got to you then stay away from my longest running topic with 32 pages.

I am irked by the number of individuals who start a topic and never bother to follow up but that is just me.

Maybe my grammar was imprecise, my bad

Not the first four pages ... all are good read.

It was page #4 which was hijacked by the usual suspects ... and I am usually one of them ... and rabbited on about the 'Likes' system.

Oh, about that topic which you reckon is the equal to War and Peace then paste the link if you wish and might pick some more readership.

• Like 1

I don't add my whole birthday...just enough that you can wish me well.

I'm younger than you might think...or not I suppose! tongue.png

[

David48, you are one of a select few to have acknowledged the effort I put into the topics I start. Thank you, I appreciate it a lot.

I have been nurturing one topic since 2009 but if these four pages got to you then stay away from my longest running topic with 32 pages.

I am irked by the number of individuals who start a topic and never bother to follow up but that is just me.

After reading back through the replys I can understand David48's problem with page 4 and I will be the first to admit that I was part of the problem.......OP...please accept my apologies.

Returning to the OP's topic " Do you check you profile page" I have found that I can find so much more by viewing others.

For anyone following this topic, or even if you have just joined, may I suggest that one of the first profiles you view is the OP's

The wealth of knowledge you will receive from his profile will astound you.

Thanks OP

edit spelling

Edited by kevjohn
  • Like 1

[

After reading back through the replys I can understand David48's problem with page 4 and I will be the first to admit that I was part of the problem.......OP...please accept my apologies.

Returning to the OP's topic " Do you check you profile page" I have found that I can find so much more by viewing others.

For anyone following this topic, or even if you have just joined, may I suggest that one of the first profiles you view is the OP's

Thanks OP

edit spelling

Kind words indeed, thanks "topic responder".thumbsup.gif Don't worry about getting off topic now and then kevjohn, it happens to all of us.wai.gifsmile.png

[

Thanks OP

edit spelling

Kind words indeed, thanks "topic responder".thumbsup.gif Don't worry about getting off topic now and then kevjohn, it happens to all of us.wai.gifsmile.png

Agree.......but it doesn't hurt to be reminded....wink.png

And... again...Thank you.wai.gif

Edited by kevjohn
  • Like 1

I find you always right worthwhile posts VF, and you dont forget your humour or your manners either! Thank You!

Eddie

• Like 2

I find you always right worthwhile posts VF, and you dont forget your humour or your manners either! Thank You!

Eddie

Hope my wife gets back from Chiang Mai soon to help me stay grounded.laugh.pngwink.png Until then I am enjoying all the kind words. Thank you all.biggrin.png
  • Like 2

villagefarang, please forgive this momentary diversion.

I know that it may not be immediately apparent, but I know that I have changed from the person I was before visiting Thailand.

Now I consider myself less commercial and have discovered 'Sanok'

Also more polite, more respectful, at both an individual and community level.

I do have Thailand to thank for that.

Please resume normal service ...

Edited by David48
  • Like 2

I know that it may not be immediately apparent, but I know that I have changed from the person I was before visiting Thailand.

BUT, WHERE is theblether at a time like this. sad.png

Didn’t he say he was taking a short break in an effort to get some work done?saai.gifsad.png

Didn’t he say he was taking a short break in an effort to get some work done?saai.gifsad.png

Nobody gets work done in LOS. laugh.png