Recent Experience Non B Visa Run Penang

Just back from my visa run to Penang for a non b visa. Took one of the many visa run buses that run from Phuket. Excellent service.

My experience was as follows:

Left Phuket Wednesday evening and arrived at our hotel in Penang about 7am ish Thursday morning. There were 5 people on the trip. Bus driver supplied us with application forms for the various visa's etc. Filled in application form and gave application form, documents needed for non b visa, visa fee 220RM and passport to our driver who in-turn gave them to the hotel receptionist of the hotel. She then went through the forms and came back to people who had made any mistakes or omitted any information. That was the last we we saw of our passports until the next morning (9am) when the receptionist returned and handed the passports back to the driver with all visas for the group processed. Never saw the consulate.

Documents I supplied for a non b visa.

Application form

photo copies of passport pages

photo copy of degree

Letter from Phuket education commission

Letter of invitation from school

Contract

Business Registration

Map of school location

All in all a very painless experience.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Just back from Penang and obtained a non B visa for my Cambodian gf, she had all the paperwork.

stayed at the Minigood hotel (100 MYR/night) gave them 250 MYR (220 for visa)

Turned it in Tuesday and and had it back weds at 11:30 am!!!

we drove down from Phuket 9 1/2 hours from my house in Kamala to the hotel

Gas is about 10 baht/lt cheaper there!!!

Just back from Penang and obtained a non B visa for my Cambodian gf, she had all the paperwork.

stayed at the Minigood hotel (100 MYR/night) gave them 250 MYR (220 for visa)

Turned it in Tuesday and and had it back weds at 11:30 am!!!

we drove down from Phuket 9 1/2 hours from my house in Kamala to the hotel

Gas is about 10 baht/lt cheaper there!!!

Assume that this was for a Non Immigrant Category 'B' Single Entry 90 Day.

Edited by digitalchromakey

• 2 months later...

flew down Monday afternoon, taxi to Minigood hotel,

gave them GF's passport with WP ( must have more than 6 months on it) an all relevent docs.

Got the passport back this morning at 11;30 am with 1 year multiple Non "B" visa

600 MYR

Taxi to hotel 44 MYR

taxi back 40 MYR

• 6 months later...

Anybody an info about a 1 year Non O Multiple Visa in Penang?

My last was a retirement visa paid in an office in Phuket and made in Surathani. I like to travel now and then and was thinking about goint to Penang where I did the same Visa a couple of years ago until they start to refusing it and I had to change to KL for the same Visa. KL was great, Always friendly very helpfull Embassy staff, Penang always kind of rude, specially if one shows up by itself and does not use an Agent.

So my question is, has someone received a 1 year Non-O Visa Multiple Entry in the past 6 month? I am married since 14 years, living in Phuket since 13, got a house+some land and a small restaurant

thanks in advance, I checked the SEARCH function but this thread was the closest I could find. Btw, i am planning to go by Motorbike

Penang no longer does multiple entry non-o's. Savannkhet is the only nearby location to get one based upon marriage to a Thai.

Thx for the imidiate answer ubonjoe,

do you know anything about KL?

damn, the Visa hussle is killing me in this country here

Anybody an info about a 1 year Non O Multiple Visa in Penang?

My last was a retirement visa paid in an office in Phuket and made in Surathani. I like to travel now and then and was thinking about goint to Penang where I did the same Visa a couple of years ago until they start to refusing it and I had to change to KL for the same Visa. KL was great, Always friendly very helpfull Embassy staff, Penang always kind of rude, specially if one shows up by itself and does not use an Agent.

So my question is, has someone received a 1 year Non-O Visa Multiple Entry in the past 6 month? I am married since 14 years, living in Phuket since 13, got a house+some land and a small restaurant

thanks in advance, I checked the SEARCH function but this thread was the closest I could find. Btw, i am planning to go by Motorbike

Very easy to obtain an extension of stay based on marriage. If needed a start can be made with a thirty day visa exempt entry. The immigration guys in Phuket town will convert that to a non O visa and then they will give you a one year extension.

Easysmile.png

All that is needed is 400,000 Bht in the bank or a Letter from the embassy confirming an income of 40,000 Bht / month + some paperwork.

Phuket will not do a conversion for an extension based upon marriage.

From personal experience I know they will for retirement and it would seem moskito has already had such a "visa" even if it was obtained by unconventional means !

Was not aware they did not do the same for marriage ..........I did not mean to mislead.

However the general thrust of my post holds true and a trip to Bangkok for the conversion would be cheap with a return airfare costing approx 3-4000 Bht with a LCC.

Edited by Sceptict11

From personal experience I know they will for retirement and it would seem moskito has already had such a "visa" even if it was obtained by unconventional means !

Was not aware they did not do the same for marriage ..........I did not mean to mislead.

However the general thrust of my post holds true and a trip to Bangkok for the conversion would be cheap with a return airfare costing approx 3-4000 Bht with a LCC.

There was a recent report that Phuket does not do them.

The problem with Bangkok is that there is (50/50) chance that they will do a 15 day under consideration stamp before stamping in the visa/entry.

There was a recent report that Phuket does not do them.

The problem with Bangkok is that there is (50/50) chance that they will do a 15 day under consideration stamp before stamping in the visa/entry.

Must be a very recent change.

Last Nov a friend of mine left Thailand on urgent family business without a re-entry permit.

On his return he was given the usual ve30 days. Two days later this entry was converted and an extension given in a one step process ! Total cost 3900Bht.

If this service is no longer available that will be a significant loss for some.

Marriage or retirement?

Retirement ! He is married but chooses the "retirement " route as it is " easier" and a local decision.

Everything is EASY if one has 400k in the account which I do not have and refuse to put on a bank account, i just hate dead money.

there is not more then 200k on my accounts and i do not know much ppl incl. Thaippl having 400k just for fun laying around.

so if KL does no 1year Visas anymore (? dont get why) and Penang still not, is that a push for the Visa offices which sale the 1year Visas for anybody who can afford paying 25k-30k doesnt matter he is old enough or has any income or money on the account? Sometimes I really dont get it here anymore....

so there is no (marriage/family) Visa at all in MALAYSIA anymore, and only in other countries like Singapore or Australia, Sri Lanka, Laos etc?...

is that proofed?

Marriage or retirement?

Retirement ! He is married but chooses the "retirement " route as it is " easier" and a local decision.

Everything is EASY if one has 400k in the account which I do not have and refuse to put on a bank account, i just hate dead money.

there is not more then 200k on my accounts and i do not know much ppl incl. Thaippl having 400k just for fun laying around.

so if KL does no 1year Visas anymore (? dont get why) and Penang still not, is that a push for the Visa offices which sale the 1year Visas for anybody who can afford paying 25k-30k doesnt matter he is old enough or has any income or money on the account? Sometimes I really dont get it here anymore....

so there is no (marriage/family) Visa at all in MALAYSIA anymore, and only in other countries like Singapore or Australia, Sri Lanka, Laos etc?...

is that proofed?

The Immigration Offices do NOT "sell" retirement or marriage "visas" they will however give an a one year extension of stay based on marriage or retirement if the requirements can be met.

In the above case 400K "laying around for fun" is not required.

Evidence of a monthly income of 40,000 (£800 approx) would meet the requirement for an extension.

If this small amount of money cannot be evidenced then on-going difficulties can be expected.

As I wrote in a previous post Savvanakhet Laos is the only nearby location still doing multiple entry non-o visas based upon marriage.

thanks ubonjoe... i trust and belive you....but will not understand this politics... I mean Berlin, London, and a lot of other EMBASSYS doing this normal work, so why the Malaysia Embassy dont? Its normally normal business and stated in ThaiLaw

however thx for help, problem solved...

As I wrote in a previous post Savvanakhet Laos is the only nearby location still doing multiple entry non-o visas based upon marriage.

thanks ubonjoe... i trust and belive you....but will not understand this politics... I mean Berlin, London, and a lot of other EMBASSYS doing this normal work, so why the Malaysia Embassy dont? Its normally normal business and stated in ThaiLaw

however thx for help, problem solved...

There is no law covering visa types and their validity and etc. It is all done by ministerial regulations based upon the immigration act of 1979.

You will find that every embassy and consulate set their own rules.