Putting Tgf On Tabien Bahn

My long term tgf (3 years) has asked that she go on my condo tabien baan. I own my condo in Pattaya and have a blue book which i assume is the Tabien Baan. Her parents are dead and she is on her sister's TB, who lives in Bangkok. She doesn't get on with her sister and would like to be on a TB where she lives in Pattaya.

Firstly has anyone done done? What would i have to do, go to City Hall. What would i need to show just the blue book or other documents, the chanote?

Secondly, and maybe more importantly, if we broke up at some future date how easy would it be to get her name off.

I presume her name on the TB does not confer any ownership rights to the condo, just lists who resides at the property.

The 'Blue Book ' has no legal standing.

However -in the strict sense the Blue Book ' is for Thai residents only

A Farang name should be in a 'Yellow Book'

If you put her name in your Blue Book and presumably no other names are listed -then it may be a source of an argument should your relationship end.

She may think that it gives her more rights that it actually does -then you may have to go to great lengths to prove your point.

My name is in my Blue Book .However only on the inside cover -not on the main entry pages

So if as a favour you comply with her wish-get your name in first.That makes you Master of the House

You go the Tessaban with blue book and her ID card, it gives her no rights to ownership whatesoever. The reason she wants to be on there is if a Thai national needs to do anything from schooling to health care they normally have to show copy of ID and Tabien, hence why she wants it done.

YOU need to have a YELLOW book with your name on the first page, and she can join the book on the page after, but still risky.

If you put her in the BLUE book then she is the first name in the book and you can never ever get her out of your house because it gives ANY Thai full right to live there nearly same like they own the place.

So, even if your name is in the YELLOW book as first, I would still not take the risk, besides the Amphur will convince you (and her) that a Thai can only be in the blue book.

Conclusion: BLUE book goes higher in value then YELLOW book with the same position of page, in other words....your chanote title in this case will give you no rights what so ever to kick her out in times of trouble.

Hope this info will help you all.

YOU need to have a YELLOW book with your name on the first page, and she can join the book on the page after, but still risky.

If you put her in the BLUE book then she is the first name in the book and you can never ever get her out of your house because it gives ANY Thai full right to live there nearly same like they own the place.

So, even if your name is in the YELLOW book as first, I would still not take the risk, besides the Amphur will convince you (and her) that a Thai can only be in the blue book.

Conclusion: BLUE book goes higher in value then YELLOW book with the same position of page, in other words....your chanote title in this case will give you no rights what so ever to kick her out in times of trouble.

Hope this info will help you all.

So by what you say...any Thai kids that are in their parents blue book, have part ownership of the house???..........Blue books merely show place of residence, nothing to do with ownership.

So by what you say...any Thai kids that are in their parents blue book, have part ownership of the house???..........Blue books merely show place of residence, nothing to do with ownership.

It's quite hard to sell any property with someone still in the house book.

It's quite hard to get someone off the house book if they don't want to go.

So what you are saying, is when you are at the land office doing the transfer of ownership..everybody that is in the blue book has to be present to sign over ownership?......no...blue book has nothing whatsoever to do with ownership only proof of residence which Thais need for just about everything. If the OP dosnt want to help his girlfriend that is upto him as long as its not because he has been told the wrong information

So what you are saying, is when you are at the land office doing the transfer of ownership..everybody that is in the blue book has to be present to sign over ownership?......no...blue book has nothing whatsoever to do with ownership only proof of residence which Thais need for just about everything. If the OP dosnt want to help his girlfriend that is upto him as long as its not because he has been told the wrong information

Why would you suggest I was saying that?

I just don't know many people who buy houses that want someone else registered as living there with them, left from the last owner.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Every Thai will check the book first before they buy ANY property, and they will not buy it when the book shows people who are registered there.

To get them out is easy .........unless they refuse........court case......or buy them out.......now you know!

Every Thai will check the book first before they buy ANY property, and they will not buy it when the book shows people who are registered there.

To get them out is easy .........unless they refuse........court case......or buy them out.......now you know!

Absolute rubbish !!

Absolute rubbish !!

Correct - OP is not understanding, as already stated, house hold card is proof of residency - cohote (sic) is proof of ownership

Chanote, is the document used for buying & selling of property, not the house hold card. A tip, check reverse side to ensure no lien on the property

Edited by simple1

My wife and her parents sold a property a few years back and at the time of sale where in the blue books (actually 2 blue books,as their were two houses on the property)

The person buying the property couldn't have cared less about the blue books...

The sale of the land took place at the land office, while issues with the blue books all take place at the amphur

In fact after the sale was completed and all docs were signed and monies exchanged, the old blue books were not even given to the new buyer

When I asked my wife about it, she advised that they are not important and the new owner will just go to the amphur with the docs from the land office and they would issue him a new clean blue book

I bought a condo with a Thai name registered in the blue book and it was no problem at all at the land office as they are not intersted in the blue book at all, only the chanote which confers ownership.

You go to the Amphur office with your Tabian Baan book, and she takes her ID card.

That's all there is to it.

But why even attempt to muddy the water about whose home it is.

You would be inviting trouble.

Blue book does nothing to muddy the waters. It only shows who is living there.

As others said, the Chanote denotes ownership. And that belongs to the OP.

All that happens when someone goes onto the blue book is that they then can get their ID card etc changed to reflect that they live at the address.