Fried Ice Cream In Pattaya

billyboy

What is fried ice cream?

A ball of ice cream that has been covered in sweet powder/flour of some sort, then deep-fried for a brief instant. No, the ice cream does not melt.

Well, at least that's my notion of fried ice cream; I could very well be wrong. It is commonly available in Mexican restaurants in the US. Not sure if available in Mexico! Could be just a US thing... maybe exported to Thailand as well.

Edited by Gumballl

In Scotland, they deepfry Mars Bars.

They place them into the batter they normally reserve for Fish and Chips, and deep fry them.

Weird. (I hear they do the same with Pizza slices too).

Don't know anywhere in Pattaya though, sorry.

redrus

They place them into the batter they normally reserve for Fish and Chips, and deep fry them.

Weird.

redrus

They taste fine though - the jaffa cake version is even better!! :o

Wow, the Scots..... An amazing race,....!

I get the deep frying. Its just the batter that I don't. Guess I'm just gonna have to line the old stomach and nip up and try "1" of them....!

redrus

Weird.

redrus

They taste fine though - the jaffa cake version is even better!! :o

I get the deep frying. Its just the batter that I don't. Guess I'm just gonna have to line the old stomach and nip up and try "1" of them....!

redrus

The best I ever heard (for a day nearer a heart attack!) was deep fried doner kebab meat! Kebab meat dipped in batter and deep fried! Wow!

There is a mexican resturaunt on Soi 7 just a short walk from the beach road. I think I saw it on their menu. It could just be wishful thinking. Let me know if they do have it I will be back soon.

Tequila Reef!!! :D

thanks It was driving me nutz trying to remember the name. Dam good Mex food for so far away from the barrio. :o

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

fried ice cream? gotta be a piss-take! :D

redrus

The best I ever heard (for a day nearer a heart attack!) was deep fried doner kebab meat! Kebab meat dipped in batter and deep fried! Wow!

...gets worse than that - apparently some chip shops in Scotland sell individual cigarettes to accompany your heart disease on a tray. like a side order. 'i'll have a deep-fried kebab, a battered mars with a side order of a B&H special filter'!!! :o

but I think Scots in general are changing their ways. the smoking ban is in now and I read an article (can't remember where) claiming Scots are the most physically active in the UK.