Dutch Man Murdered In Bangkok Condominium

cdnvic

Dutch man murdered in Bangkok condominium

Published on Dec 30 , 2005

A Dutch man was found murdered with electric baton inside a room of a condominium on Sukhumvit Road , police said Friday.

Pol Maj Gen Kirssada Phankongchuen, metropolitan police deputy commissioner, said the body of the 58-year-old man, Vim Q Rose, was found inside a room on the 14 th floor of the 35-floor Omni Tower on Soi Sukhumvit 4 at 2 pm.

Krissada said the man suffered several burns on his face and other parts of the body. Police found an electric baton inside his room, which appeared to be searched and left in a mess.

Condominium officials told police that the man had moved in about two months ago. He took several male and female friends to his room regularly.

The Nation

I didn't know the guy personally. but I used to see him walk up and down the streets every now and then. he always liked to wear suits whereever he went.

...someone told me that the police know who did it because the person left the premises without retrieving their ID.

..just a matter of time.

I don't think it is the general policy of the Thai police to call a murder suicide. I think a lot of times it is a crime they either can't solve and know it's in their best interest not to solve (influential people involved).

Remember all these deaths cause the Kingdom's reputation to suffer.

My condolences to his family and friends.

You mean it wasn't suicide?

Is this a new trend for the Royal Thai Police???

Seriously, very nasty and worrying.

Too many farangs are being killed in the Kingdom.

Probably because there are more farangs living there and because some of them are dealing in nefarious activities.....

Murder by electric baton? Same thing as a stun gun?

I thought they were non lethal self defence devices?

Although I am also not sure what they are referring to as an "electic baton", I suspect it is something along the lines of a cattle prod. A cattle prod would have a higher voltage than a stun gun intended for humans.

This would explain the burn marks on the face and body- absolutely horrible torture. It would probably take a lot of shocks to cause the heart to fibrillate and kill the guy. Nasty s*** indeed.

Edited by bino

A Dutch man was found murdered with electric baton inside a room of a condominium on Sukhumvit Road , police said Friday.

Pol Maj Gen Kirssada Phankongchuen, metropolitan police deputy commissioner, said the body of the 58-year-old man, Vim Q Rose, was found inside a room on the 14 th floor of the 35-floor Omni Tower on Soi Sukhumvit 4 at 2 pm.

Krissada said the man suffered several burns on his face and other parts of the body. Police found an electric baton inside his room, which appeared to be searched and left in a mess.

Condominium officials told police that the man had moved in about two months ago. He took several male and female friends to his room regularly.

The Nation

Hmm...strange case.

Besides that, the name doesn't sound Dutch.....could be misspelling though.

LaoPo

Murder by electric baton? Same thing as a stun gun?

I thought they were non lethal self defence devices?

Although I am also not sure what they are referring to as an "electic baton", I suspect it is something along the lines of a cattle prod. A cattle prod would have a higher voltage than a stun gun intended for humans.

This would explain the burn marks on the face and body- absolutely horrible torture. It would probably take a lot of shocks to cause the heart to fibrillate and kill the guy. Nasty s*** indeed.

A cattle prod is no where near as grunty as some of these babies.A cattle prod is made to get cattle moving in yards/trucks etc.Some of these little buggers are used to knock you off your feet. :o

post-11672-1136042049_thumb.jpg

I didn't know the guy personally.  but I used to see him walk up and down the streets every now and then.  he always liked to wear suits whereever he went....someone told me that the police know who did it because the person left the premises without retrieving their ID.

..just a matter of time.

1. A guy who wears suits all the time and "taking males and females to his room regurarly"...what does that mean.... :o ? Is that prohibited?

2. "The police know who did it because someone left his ID card?" is that PROVE of murder?

Hmmmm :D

LaoPo

Sorry to read about this. Does this kind of thing happen a lot at this Omni Tower? I was thinking of renting one of the service flats there for a month or so. Has anyone here stayed there before, or have any comment about this building? Would it be better to stay at a regular hotel?

The Nation

Thats a bit rough!

I live there; floor beneath the 14th, Body was found early afternoon . his room was cleaned once a week and the Cleaning lady who found the body said today that it was a bar girl, from Where don't know.

All Omni staff have been told to keep quiet, understandable I suppose.

He was found in the Bathroom with a lot of blood around (possibly body fluids mixed) lady said he always had money lying around the place

post-16156-1136514926_thumb.jpg

the above is a picture that is being passed around the nana district area depicting the main suspect being sought for questioning. the picture was passed out to us by a police detective - mr.prasert. he gave us permission to circulate the picture. the picture was taken by a security camera in the elevator at the omni tower complex, sukhumvit soi 4.

if you have knowledge of the whereabouts of the suspect, please contact mr.prasert at 01-8468485 or 02-2528952.

post-16156-1136514926_thumb.jpg

the above is a picture that is being passed around the nana district area depicting the main suspect being sought for questioning. the picture was passed out to us by a police detective - mr.prasert. he gave us permission to circulate the picture. the picture was taken by a security camera in the elevator at the omni tower complex, sukhumvit soi 4.

if you have knowledge of the whereabouts of the suspect, please contact mr.prasert at 01-8468485 or 02-2528952.

Now, THAT really is a very clear picture, even if you enlarge it...is that all they have?

LaoPo

Thought they had the ID card of the main suspect, it should have a better picture than that?? I hardly think a bar girl is capable of toturing a guy to death by using a cattle prod on his nuts..

Theres usually reason behind toture, and thats to gain information.. <deleted> knows what this guy was hiding :o